Chonburi Governor releases new Covid-19 orders: Alcohol ban at restaurants/nightlife stays

webfact

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Alcohol banned, schools closed but lets open up to over 60 countries, welcome one and all we are ready for you. Crazy times.

My sons private school opened today, but not for the under twelve year olds. It’s a beginning.

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Yeah, doesn't make sense.  The super spreader events are when you have to visit immigration and be jammed in line with a few hundred others.  Insane.

Do please try to remember where you are. If everything ran with sense and forethought, you may think to leave??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Mansell said:

My sons private school opened today, but not for the under twelve year olds. It’s a beginning.

Maybe because its a private school because public schools are not yet:

While thousands of schools re-open across Thailand for in person classes Monday, public schoolyard gates in Pattaya will remain closed

4 minutes ago, maddermax said:

In your other report on opening up, Bangkok "Restaurants and eateries can also resume normal opening hours, and be allowed to serve dine-in customers alcoholic beverages." So what is the problem with Pattaya doing the same? Does not make sense. Why this discrimination?

They are desperate to transform pattaya away from the " sex tourist image" would be my guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Would point out alcoholics are people who want to stop drinking but can't.

Most of us are happy to keep drinking .... so not alcoholics.

Back to the OP, no tourists are coming.

Why isn't my local open air swimming pool allowed to open?

Wrong!  Just because  you don't  admit to having a problem  or being an alcoholic doesn't  mean you aren't  one.  If you drink a certain  amount of beers or alcohol drinks everyday, usually 4, 5, 6 or more.. then you have a problem.   If you spend your days thinking you can't wait to have that drink, or you plan your day that you need to include a place that sales alcohol in your routine or route  or you go out of your way to make sure the place you shop, eat, visit sales alcohol then you are like a junkie on any other substance.   Just because  one thinks hes only an alcoholic if he wants to quit and can't is wrong and certainly  just in denial!  A heroin addict is not an addict  because he wants to quit and can't.   Many dont  care or want to quit, and by your definition you imply they aren't  addicted.   Most addicts certainly  don't  see them selves that way, nor even consider  quitting.   Truth is if you drink everyday and not one two or three, but so much that its your lifestyle then ... well don't  hate the messenger truth is truth.  Many will read this and get angry and say, "nonsense "..  very few of those people saying that will be non drinkers.  They majority  of those who disagree will be daily drinkers that disagree  because  they refuse to admit they are in denial.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2021 at 8:28 PM, Neeranam said:

Better not to get involved with protests as it against the law.

Your voices will not be heard, outside expat internet forums.

On 9/16/2021 at 9:26 AM, Neeranam said:

Wht 6 days? Surely you only have to visit immigration once a year and it doesn't take all day. 

You can do 90 day online. 

If you do do it physically, it's a nice day out and can have a chat with the waiting  check-shirted brigade. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Alcoholics are people who can't do without alcohol, whether they like it or not. 

A friend of mine who was a heavy drinker used to say that he wasn't an alcoholic, but "I'm a "sociaBLE drinker, and I'm very sociable, especially at weekends"!!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Wrong!  Just because  you don't  admit to having a problem  or being an alcoholic doesn't  mean you aren't  one.  If you drink a certain  amount of beers or alcohol drinks everyday, usually 4, 5, 6 or more.. then you have a problem.   If you spend your days thinking you can't wait to have that drink, or you plan your day that you need to include a place that sales alcohol in your routine or route  or you go out of your way to make sure the place you shop, eat, visit sales alcohol then you are like a junkie on any other substance.   Just because  one thinks hes only an alcoholic if he wants to quit and can't is wrong and certainly  just in denial!  A heroin addict is not an addict  because he wants to quit and can't.   Many dont  care or want to quit, and by your definition you imply they aren't  addicted.   Most addicts certainly  don't  see them selves that way, nor even consider  quitting.   Truth is if you drink everyday and not one two or three, but so much that its your lifestyle then ... well don't  hate the messenger truth is truth.  Many will read this and get angry and say, "nonsense "..  very few of those people saying that will be non drinkers.  They majority  of those who disagree will be daily drinkers that disagree  because  they refuse to admit they are in denial.

There's an easy test for alcoholism. 

Have 1 drink at 9am, another at 1pm, one more at 5pm.

If you can do this easily, you are not alcoholic. 

The people running the Thai asylum must be deeply conflicted. They evidently hate alcohol with a passion, yet they are dependent for their livelihood on tourists who love it. Perhaps they should be true to their hearts and simply give up trying to attract all those fun-loving but beer- and wine-swilling Western tourists, declare Sharia law and focus on bringing in millions of serious and sober visitors from the Middle East.  مرحبًا بكم في تايلاند ، الموت للكحول

Edited by Guderian
  • Sad 1

The restaurants/coffee shops in Tree Town are packed out most nights, no alcohol being served so what’s the difference in serving alcohol, oh I forgot alcohol is a super spreader.

Quite a few people will have lost their potential income as the Made In Thailand bar area is being demolished approximately 63 small bars, is this what the authorities want ?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Guderian said:

The people running the Thai asylum must be deeply conflicted. They evidently hate alcohol with a passion, yet they are dependent for their livelihood on tourists who love it. Perhaps they should be true to their hearts and simply give up trying to attract all those fun-loving but beer- and wine-swilling Western tourists, declare Sharia law and focus on bringing in millions of serious and sober visitors from the Middle East.  مرحبًا بكم في تايلاند ، الموت للكحول

Most of them are beer and whisky swilling Thais.  Never seen a race so fixed on their alcohol.  

2 hours ago, maddermax said:

In your other report on opening up, Bangkok "Restaurants and eateries can also resume normal opening hours, and be allowed to serve dine-in customers alcoholic beverages." So what is the problem with Pattaya doing the same? Does not make sense. Why this discrimination?

Think where do the hi-so's live ??

• Like 1

Very good news, I will drink to it, no, don't look for me, I only drink at home and even after 9 pm, why? because I can.

"Laughing at your own mistakes can lengthen your life"     Shakespeare

"Laughing at your wife's mistakes can shorten your life"     Shakespeare' wife

7 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Water parks with open air, chlorine water and natural distancing remains closed. Sigh.

i was at the Pattaya water park last weekend absolutely jam packed no masks once you went thru the turnstile spent 5 hours unmasked had great fay with the family  but on leaving Mr Covid was waiting on the other side of the gate so back on with the masks...when is this stupidity going to stop... lets get on with life also went to Nongnooch gardens brilliant day out ..just to add alcohol on sale there !!!!

Edited by Harveyboy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1