Chonburi Governor releases new Covid-19 orders: Alcohol ban at restaurants/nightlife stays

webfact

7 hours ago, BumGun said:

Part time ? No, it makes you an alcoholic (only replying because you asked the question).  Someone uses Cocaine 4 days a week ? or Heroine 4 days a week ? or Meth 4 days a week ? not addicts either ?  doesn't mean you can't be functional, just means you're not self aware.

I drink every day of the years and love doing so. If that makes me an alcoholic, so be it. I'm 77 yoa and as well as drinking quite a bit, manage to exercise daily, do all my own gardening and odd jobs and am sharp mentally. I buy my whisky in bulk in case some bright spark thinks of imposing an outright ban. I very rarely go to restaurants anyway, but I fail to see the difference in having a meal with a glass of wine to sitting there supping water or pop.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The confused, muddled, inconsistent and highly selective, idiotic policies continue to bring Thailand to its knees. The country would benefit hugely, if only there were some adults making decisions, and not fearful children, with a puritanical bent. 

Beer does not cause Covid!

With policies like these in place, expect tourism to continue to fail. 

Well said as always spider.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I disagree,

Alcoholic and addict are two different words.

I don't have a problem, according to you, as I only drink 3 bottles a day.

No need to plan my day around alcohol sales, I can buy a box or two and that'll last me a week.

9am time for a drink .............

Lifes short drink it up.  Dont worry that the drink controls you.

18 hours ago, ezzra said:

"A recent poll shows that most Thais are against reopening the country because they fear tourists will bring in new infections and that not enough locals have been vaccinated against Covid-19"

Yeah right, fear the fully vaccinated tourists whom most probably vaxed with the proper vaccine unlike the locals who got some dodgy vaccines from China and Russia...

What poll ?

What questions were asked ?

What was the size of the poll

Where did the poll take place ?

Were there any leading questions ?

What company conducted the poll ? Were they independant ?

Just some of many questions I have when an article says "A recent poll shows..."

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

No insult was intended Sir.  I am just pouring my first glass of San Mig LIght of the evening,  as I do every single night of my life. 

Haven't got out of the glass habit yet? It comes in a reasonable one......

Why is everyone criticizing Thailand for its alcohol policy at the present time, take a look outside the country, Philippines as much the same and for a lot longer, with customers now drinking from cups, Vietnam had or still has the same ban, not sure about Cambodia, but at a guess much the same...  

17 hours ago, VBF said:

Pardon?  If the tourist are vaccinated, why should they be in fear? That was why they got vaccinated in the first place!

It's the unvaccinated Thais who are vulnerable.......remember being vaccinated doesn't completely prevent you from spreading Covid, just reduces the likelihood. 

Precisely.  Being vaccinated doesn't mean you can't catch COVID, but at least the tourists have tested negative.  Many Thais are wandering around with COVID, infecting others, because they can't afford not to work.  So therefore it stands to reason that the tourists who are negative have more chance of catching COVID from Thais who we have no idea whether they are negative or positive.  Or is that too hard for you to understand?

On 11/1/2021 at 7:01 AM, nobodysfriend said:

Alcoholics are people who have no problem with alcohol .

But they have a problem without it .

I only drink three days a week yesterday, today and tomorrow so does that make me an alcoholic ????

• Haha 1

The “logic” I’m parsing from all this is that they’re intent on slowly killing the red-light activity in pattaya without overtly stating. 

The thing is, regardless of whether they succeed, the “activity” will continue via online apps. I’m certain there will always be a supply and a demand; considering the absolutely appalling condition of the western worlds sexual marketplace.

Thai women are proof that it’s actually very easy to be a woman, yet western women fail miserably at it

4 hours ago, mikosan said:

Precisely.  Being vaccinated doesn't mean you can't catch COVID, but at least the tourists have tested negative.  Many Thais are wandering around with COVID, infecting others, because they can't afford not to work.  So therefore it stands to reason that the tourists who are negative have more chance of catching COVID from Thais who we have no idea whether they are negative or positive.  Or is that too hard for you to understand?

@mikosan Were you aiming that last question at me.....having agreed with me initially?  Confusing! ????

Sod the tourists, we've managed without them for nearly two years. What about the locals being able to have a reasonable quality of life? Another kick in the teeth for us expats who have kept the Thai economy alive over the last 18 months or so.

If the Government is serious about getting the tourists back they need to, at least, partially open some of the attractions, particularly restaurants serving booze. If the tourists get here and find nothing open they will not return.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maddermax said:

Sod the tourists, we've managed without them for nearly two years. What about the locals being able to have a reasonable quality of life? Another kick in the teeth for us expats who have kept the Thai economy alive over the last 18 months or so.

If the Government is serious about getting the tourists back they need to, at least, partially open some of the attractions, particularly restaurants serving booze. If the tourists get here and find nothing open they will not return.

Seriously doubt the expats have kept the Thai economy alive.

but yes sod the tourists... err, what tourists !!

On 11/1/2021 at 11:24 AM, Harveyboy said:

went to Nongnooch gardens brilliant day out ..just to add alcohol on sale there

Hah, really? My first Thai GF dragged me to Nongnooch and was a total <bleep>. Real depressing as all the romanic flowers and decorations made me think how lovely it would be with someone special, which she def turned out not to be. Sure wish I had found that alcohol on sale there.

2 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Hah, really? My first Thai GF dragged me to Nongnooch and was a total <bleep>. Real depressing as all the romanic flowers and decorations made me think how lovely it would be with someone special, which she def turned out not to be. Sure wish I had found that alcohol on sale there.

cans all 50 baht  food all at reasonable prices for a change ..and free to enter for all those double vaccinate  great day ..i was lucky to be with my wife n kids ..sorry your experience was not do good mate .. 

4 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

She likely snuck out of sight to collect her commission for bringing a foreigner paying their top price..... one I went with did.......

• Like 1