Chonburi Governor releases new Covid-19 orders: Alcohol ban at restaurants/nightlife stays

webfact

47 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The restaurants/coffee shops in Tree Town are packed out most nights, no alcohol being served so what’s the difference in serving alcohol, oh I forgot alcohol is a super spreader.

Quite a few people will have lost their potential income as the Made In Thailand bar area is being demolished approximately 63 small bars, is this what the authorities want ?

The demolition has naff all to do with Covid and any alcohol restrictions.

Land was sold a few years back, now its time to bring in the bulldozers.

• Like 1

Essentially the easing of restrictions in Chonburi will allow locals a little more breathing room in terms of time and a few activities. The only tourism they will see is what they already have which is Bangkok coming down on the weekend to have cola on the beach! I think it is pretty obvious what the real agenda is for Chonburi, Pattaya and Jomtien in particular!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

In Pattaya only for home consumption. During the prohibition years beer could be consumed in plenty of places in the USA.

During the restriction months beer could be consumed in plenty of places in the Land Of Smiles..

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

The demolition has naff all to do with Covid and any alcohol restrictions.

Land was sold a few years back, now its time to bring in the bulldozers.

Covid speeded the process of the demolition up as I don’t believe the owners would be receiving any rent for the bars and Covid moved the demolition program forward.

53 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The restaurants/coffee shops in Tree Town are packed out most nights, no alcohol being served so what’s the difference in serving alcohol, oh I forgot alcohol is a super spreader.

Quite a few people will have lost their potential income as the Made In Thailand bar area is being demolished approximately 63 small bars, is this what the authorities want ?

It is currently prohibited.... that is the difference.

The Made in Thailand bars have been closed some time and were likely costing for naught rather than having potential. It is not what the authorities want, but the new owners....

I expect some in authority want the red-light scene gone.....

• Thanks 1

What an utter tw4T. No concern whatsoever for the people of Pattaya who are out on their feet trying to eek out living. What is his game plan with this idiotic statement. Thailand is open as of the 1st of November ... Pattaya is close until I can be ar$ed to get my finger out of my proverbial and think logically about the consequences. 

Just now, rtco said:

What an utter tw4T. No concern whatsoever for the people of Pattaya who are out on their feet trying to eek out living. What is his game plan with this idiotic statement. Thailand is open as of the 1st of November ... Pattaya is close until I can be ar$ed to get my finger out of my proverbial and think logically about the consequences. 

Pattaya is open as much as Bangkok so not sure what you are dribbling on about.

Only difference is restaurants in Pattaya selling booze, that's still restricted.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

During the restriction months beer could be consumed in plenty of places in the Land Of Smiles..

As long as you're OK with the chance of arrest, overnight in jail, and a 20k foreigner fine/deportation, that's true. I'm thinking most western 'two week' tourists would be intent on avoiding 3rd world jails.

Edited by BritManToo

Just now, BritManToo said:

As long as you're OK with the chance of arrest and a 20k foreigner fine, that's true.

Went to a BBQ on the weekend at a friends house, plenty of booze being drunk, police stopped by about 4pm (noise complaints) and asked us to tone it down a bit.

No muss no fuss.

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

Pattaya is open as much as Bangkok so not sure what you are dribbling on about.

Only difference is restaurants in Pattaya selling booze, that's still restricted.

No need to tell untruths isthere? 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

It is currently prohibited.... that is the difference.

The Made in Thailand bars have been closed some time and were likely costing for naught rather than having potential. It is not what the authorities want, but the new owners....

I expect some in authority want the red-light scene gone.....

They want it gone because Pattaya is smack-bang in the middle of the new Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC).

The last thing they want is a huge brothel full of sex-tourists, rather they want a family friendly place where Thais can bring their family and friends to visit and wonder at the marvel of the new economic miracle the EEC has created. 

The halcyon days are over, or at least soon will be and to those thinking a change of government will have any effect the EEC and the billions of THB invesetment strategy is enshrined in the Thai constitution. 

I have a choice, (a) Take a 12 hr flight to LoS where I can possibly get a drink if I'm having a game of snooker or playing bowling, no bars open or if they are they legally can't sell alcohol. I run the risk because of all the different rules making a genuine mistake and end up with a fine or a week banged up. Or...

(b) take a 3 hr flight to Hungary, Spain, Portugal where the bars and clubs are open and female company is available.

Obviously I'm going to Thailand.lol

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

I drink 4 days a week, does that make me a part time alcoholic? 

Part time ? No, it makes you an alcoholic (only replying because you asked the question).  Someone uses Cocaine 4 days a week ? or Heroine 4 days a week ? or Meth 4 days a week ? not addicts either ?  doesn't mean you can't be functional, just means you're not self aware.

Edited by BumGun

I'd say you'd have to be pretty desperate to want to visit Thailand with the present conditions in place.

i know lots of people (incl myself) who would've been there this Christmas but decided to give it a swerve.

*I have to point out there is nothing wrong with being desperate though.

7 hours ago, mikosan said:

Absolutely right.  The tourists are the ones that should be in fear, of the many, many, unvaccinated Thais, who pay no attention to the COVID guidelines.

Pardon?  If the tourist are vaccinated, why should they be in fear? That was why they got vaccinated in the first place!

It's the unvaccinated Thais who are vulnerable.......remember being vaccinated doesn't completely prevent you from spreading Covid, just reduces the likelihood. 

Edited by VBF

The confused, muddled, inconsistent and highly selective, idiotic policies continue to bring Thailand to its knees. The country would benefit hugely, if only there were some adults making decisions, and not fearful children, with a puritanical bent. 

Beer does not cause Covid!

With policies like these in place, expect tourism to continue to fail. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

No issues here in Phuket......going out for another night to destroy my liver and get some trades accomplised!

Will not head to Patts until they get some common sense!

it will be  a long wait for that to happen

17 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Difference between 1920's prohibition and current day Thailand/Pattaya.

you can legally buy alcohol in Thailand/Pattaya !!

Maybe he doesn't want to sit drinking in his hotel room. If I was a tourist here, neither would I. I gather that was his meaning. 

16 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Yeah, doesn't make sense.  The super spreader events are when you have to visit immigration and be jammed in line with a few hundred others.  Insane.

Or when half the population of the capitol descends on Pattaya every weekend and public holiday, alcohol or no alcohol.

• Thanks 1