Extension retirement at CW report.

this sounds like a normal day.  i typically arrive about 9am and get a number in the L50's to L70's range.  sometimes i'm done before the lunch break.  other times, i see the immigration people before lunch but passport returned after lunch.  i don't really mind spending the lunch hour at CW.  i don't like sitting in the L desk area (even during non covid times).  the less time sitting there, the better off i am.

as i noted in my report last week, i got L114 and i believe due to a recent holiday that jammed up the place for the next few days.  they made it to L100 before lunch that day.  which was surprising.  about 11:30 i went into the L desk area to see where they were at and a guy next to me had L173. 

OP, you wouldn't have had good trip if you pulled L173 when you arrived !!! 

9 minutes ago, buick said:

OP, you wouldn't have had good trip if you pulled L173 when you arrived !!

Indeed.

The main reason for doing the report was because I had different experience to couple of recent reports at CW.

Of significance was that ..

I did not have or provide a TM30.

I did not provide a receipt of 90 day report.

Only photocopies of bankbook pages required along with letter.

I did not provide "hand drawn map"

One set of copies ie passport photocopies.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Indeed.

The main reason for doing the report was because I had different experience to couple of recent reports at CW.

Of significance was that ..

I did not have or provide a TM30.

I did not provide a receipt of 90 day report.

Only photocopies of bankbook pages required along with letter.

I did not provide "hand drawn map"

One set of copies ie passport photocopies.

Interesting update.  Are you using the 800K deposit method?

15 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Interesting update.  Are you using the 800K deposit method?

Yes. I use 800k and maintain that for the entire year.

Some reports I have read where people update their bankbook every month.

I do not do that. 

• Thanks 1

I've lived and worked on 4 continents. To this day, for me, Thailand is by far and away the best place to be. Minimal hassle and friendly people. Never used an agent for extensions and have always found the process simple and straightforward. Anyway, I wish you well, and hope things turn out well for you.

• Thanks 2

On 11/2/2021 at 3:09 PM, DrJack54 said:

Attended CW Tues 2nd for 12 month extension to non O based on retirement.

Everyone has their own plan. 

I arrived 11.30am prior to 12pm closure for lunch in order to obtain que #. L92.  (at lunch break they were at L74

Then went downstairs to bank for letter. 

I make deposit and ask lady to photocopy that last page showing activity (deposit) 

Lunch break....back in 1pm.

Finished out the door 2.30pm.

I provided:

1. Bank letter and photocopies bankbook pages.

2. Photocopies of required pages from passport and TM6 (well covered in many threads.

3. Map of my condo location (not hand drawn)

4. Copy first page of lease. (not looked at and I doubt if was required).

NOT required:

1. I did not provide a TM30.

2. I had original of my last 90 report and she started typing info from it into computer as it was 3 days past due date.

I pointed out that I had posted (mail) for current 90 report already. She stopped and pushed the report receipt back to me.

90 report not required.

Only photocopies of bank pages required not statements. 

Note only one set of copies provided. 

Absolute walk in the park. As usual imm officer pleasant.

Did you have to show pictures? mu Visa agent says that I have to submit 5 or 5 photos around my condo including room and building 3, Floor # and activites in my rooms. Yes this is for retirement extension.

• Sad 1

Just now, dsj said:

Yes this is for retirement extension.

Apart from passport type photo that goes on back of TM7 extension form, no other photos are required.

The photos you describe are for extensions based on marriage.

Which immigration office are you using? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dsj said:

Did you have to show pictures? mu Visa agent says that I have to submit 5 or 5 photos around my condo including room and building 3, Floor # and activites in my rooms. Yes this is for retirement extension.

Need a new agent or DIY. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Apart from passport type photo that goes on back of TM7 extension form, no other photos are required.

The photos you describe are for extensions based on marriage.

Which immigration office are you using? 

CW and she told me that they started this year. She use to work at Immigration so she knows allot of people there. She only charges me 10,000 Baht and I am in and out withing 45 minutes and she does all the paper work. Also how many passport photos did you need?

Edited by dsj
added content

55 minutes ago, dsj said:

CW and she told me that they started this year. She use to work at Immigration so she knows allot of people there. She only charges me 10,000 Baht and I am in and out withing 45 minutes and she does all the paper work. Also how many passport photos did you need?

First up here is report of extension retirement I did on Tues 2nd last week at CW

You only need one passport style picture for ONE TM7 extension application form.

Everything I was required to show is outlined in that thread.

You will note that at CW there are banks on basement level.

As outlined in report you can obtain bank letter on day of application and make small deposit. 

No offense but in future do it yourself. Nothing could be more simple. Seriously read the list of what I provided and you will see how easy it is.

Note that there is stall that does all photocopying and photos etc. It's on same level as banks. 

One last thing ...SCB does not have a branch at CW.

Edit: I just realized I posted you link to same thread we are in. Time for coffee.

Edited by DrJack54

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Deposit before you request the bank letter? so it ties in with updated passbook?

Exactly.

One of the nice benefits of using CW is that most banks have branch there (note not SCB).

Sit with clerk they know exactly what you want. A deposit and then bank letter. The balances then match and ask clerk to photocopy this last page of bankbook and put that with your copy of account page and any transaction pages.

Job done. 

Note don't waste time going to teller first for deposit.

The lady doing your letter does the whole process. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, maxx58 said:

Is the 12 month bank statement required for extension of stay based on retirement?

Apparently it will not be needed if you bank book has been regularly updated for the past year at Chaeng Wattana.

Other offices may want a 12 month bank statement even if it has been updated.

• 11 months later...