Only six international travelers found with Covid-19 infections so far since the reopening, CAAT to issue more preventive announcements

snoop1130

12 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

I find it rather amazing they found any given that these people obviously tested negative within 72 hours of their arrival.  

These people tested positive on arrival, they could very well have been negative shortly before.

The virus goes from undetectable to detectable at a specific point in time, which may vary slightly dependent on the test being used.

Vaccination has nothing to do with infection, reducing hospitalisation and infection although linked to a certain extent are in fact 2 separate issues.

• Like 1

Only six international travellers found with Covid-19 infections so far since the reopening.

In other words, there were 4504 people locked up for 24 hours and extorted for however much this imprisonment cost them without good reason.   

Edited by James105
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, freedomnow said:

Haha, yes that is why UK topped highest infections per day 4 or so days ago with one of the highest vaccination rates in world according to worldometer

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

..but of course that is "FAKE NEWS !"

I'm not saying don't get vaccinated, I just think the current generation of vaccines will be superceded with something more effective hopefully.

Exactly.

In a statement Farrar said: “The Covid-19 crisis is a long way from over, with the global situation deeply troubling. The high levels of transmission seen in the UK remain concerning, but I stepped down as a participant of Sage knowing ministers had been provided with most of the key science advice needed over the winter months.”

https://www.ft.com/content/648ba396-ed87-425f-8965-cb0a6533b14b

and the stats show deaths on the increase, not enough vaccinated?

Deaths within 28 days of positive test

Latest data provided on 3 November 2021

•  
    Daily
  • Last 7 days

• Direction arrowTHERE HAS BEEN AN INCREASE OF 131(13%)

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Vaccination can prevent infections by about 90%, hospitalization by 95%, more or less.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-59077036

"Individuals who have had two vaccine doses can be just as infectious as those who have not been jabbed. 

Even if they have no or few symptoms, the chance of them transmitting the virus to other unvaccinated housemates is about two in five, or 38%. 

This drops to one in four, or 25%, if housemates are also fully vaccinated."

This is where the BBC obtained this information came from.  https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00648-4/fulltext 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

I find it rather amazing they found any given that these people obviously tested negative within 72 hours of their arrival.  

What would be interesting is what were the nationalities of those who were infected and what vaccine were they reportedly inoculated with. 

What will be more interesting is how many test positive when they return home

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, James105 said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-59077036

"Individuals who have had two vaccine doses can be just as infectious as those who have not been jabbed. 

Even if they have no or few symptoms, the chance of them transmitting the virus to other unvaccinated housemates is about two in five, or 38%. 

This drops to one in four, or 25%, if housemates are also fully vaccinated."

This is where the BBC obtained this information came from.  https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00648-4/fulltext 

You clearly haven’t thought this through.

You can’t be infectious if you aren’t infected. Vaccination can prevent infection by up to 90%.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

ONLY 6???

Shouldn't it be ZERO?

People are double vaccinated, made test before flying.

Probably the un-vaccinated Thais coming back and putting everyone else in danger.

Also consider the false positives that are fairly common with these tests. (as I commented about my friend's experience above)

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, 3MagicBeers said:

I was under the impression China has banned its citizens from outbound travel, unless they are essential workers abroad - and even then they are subject to a 3 week quarantine back home in China.

Probably no such restriction on now unemployed foreign teachers.

10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You are confused. 

Vaccination can reduce the chance of infection by up to 90%. 

The epidemic will go away when enough anti-Vaxxers get infected. 

So how do you explain this:

"WASHINGTON — At least 125,000 fully vaccinated Americans have tested positive for Covid and 1,400 of those have died, according to data collected by NBC News."

???

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Farangus said:

It is very interesting what the situation with the neighbors on the plane is for these 6 infected people.
Were they placed in mandatory quarantine as well?

Funny you should ask that said the hotelier rubbing his hands

7 minutes ago, Flink said:

So how do you explain this:

"WASHINGTON — At least 125,000 fully vaccinated Americans have tested positive for Covid and 1,400 of those have died, according to data collected by NBC News."

???

Math obviously isn’t your strong suit.

let me help: divide the number of breakthrough infections by the number of vaccinated individuals. Subtract that fraction from 1, and that’s your efficacy number.

Hint: it’s way over 90%.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

What would be interesting is what were the nationalities of those who were infected and what vaccine were they reportedly inoculated with. 

Why is it amazing? In the 72 hours between the pcr test and the flights most people are not in quarantine so they have enough opportunities to get infected. I never understood the logic behind that preflight testing...

13 hours ago, internationalism said:

I would suspect a large part of those positives are thai

Why? Although Thais don't have to be tested in order to enter Thailand, most airlines still demand a negative test result for boarding.

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Be also interested to know where they were all from- dodgy vaccines or certificate - or just plain unlicky

About a week ago Tonga got their very first covid infection case which was brought there by a fully vaxed New Zealander arriving from New Zealand. Plain unlucky or simply the whole vaccination and testing means nothing? 

13 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

That would make sense they would be Thai citizens but then again as it doesn't fit well with their nationalist xenophobic rheotoric and agenda, I guess we'll never know...

But it fits well with yours...

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Alotoftravel said:

Wish they also publish the stats of the infection rate on the Thai nationals arriving internationally too.

I wonder if it is the same since Thai airways does not require pcr test while boarding 

Before booking, I asked which airlines required a NEGATIVE PCR Test for all passengers before being allowed into Thailand. I arrived on board a plane who is a member of the Lufthansa Group. A wonderful flight with entertainment and other delights, which were served in a glass. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You clearly haven’t thought this through.

You can’t be infectious if you aren’t infected. Vaccination can prevent infection by up to 90%.

Look at worldwide numbers - what's the % of the total population that have been so far infected? Last time I checked (in August) it was less than 10%. So the actual protection the vaccine is 90% of those 10%, yet vaxed people still get infected, still infect others, and still die. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Look at worldwide numbers - what's the % of the total population that have been so far infected? Last time I checked (in August) it was less than 10%. So the actual protection the vaccine is 90% of those 10%, yet vaxed people still get infected, still infect others, and still die. 

You seem confused.

Vaccination can prevent Covid infection by up to 90%. If you aren’t infected, you can’t infect others.

Those who are unvaccinated are dying like flies, by long and agonizing suffocation. Please try to save lives by encouraging vaccination.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

do you have any idea of there movements from the time they got tested to the time they actually got on the plane? No you dont.

Go to shops, go to restaurant, go to cafe. Plenty of places to get infected from the time you get the test to the time you get tested in Thailand.

Its not a fool proof 100% guarantee system,. however its as safe as we can possibly get it without testing everyone every time they leave the home.

10 minutes ago, Flink said:

"The epidemic will go away when enough anti-Vaxxers get infected." but breakthrough cases show this is not the case. Covid will not go away anytime soon, a fact made evident by many countries now talking about 3rd, 4th or further vaccinations ongoing. So whether people are vaccinated or not will have no bearing on the existence of the virus.

"Covid 19 - the Holy Grail for globalist dictators and control freaks.

You are certainly confused.

The epidemic will go away when the R0 number drops below 1. So, if people are vaccinated, the R0 number will drop below 1.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Math obviously isn’t your strong suit.

let me help: divide the number of breakthrough infections by the number of vaccinated individuals. Subtract that fraction from 1, and that’s your efficacy number.

Hint: it’s way over 90%.

This is your logic to come to that figure?   You could use the same calculations to come up with the same figure with unvaccinated people who have been infected as you have no way of knowing if they were exposed.  

Let me help you out here.    If neither the vaccinated or unvaccinated person is exposed to the virus, then neither one will catch the virus.    The only way your calculation works is if you know for sure that every single vaccinated person has been exposed to the virus, which of course you don't.    

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Flink said:

"The epidemic will go away when enough anti-Vaxxers get infected." but breakthrough cases show this is not the case. Covid will not go away anytime soon, a fact made evident by many countries now talking about 3rd, 4th or further vaccinations ongoing. So whether people are vaccinated or not will have no bearing on the existence of the virus.

"Covid 19 - the Holy Grail for globalist dictators and control freaks.

I never heard a bigger bunch of.....

Most deaths are among the unvaccinated. Most infection by the vaccinated do not even require hospitalization, 

What you are saying above are just stories you tell yourself to justify your unreasonable fears. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James105 said:

This is your logic to come to that figure?   You could use the same calculations to come up with the same figure with unvaccinated people who have been infected as you have no way of knowing if they were exposed.  

Let me help you out here.    If neither the vaccinated or unvaccinated person is exposed to the virus, then neither one will catch the virus.    The only way your calculation works is if you know for sure that every single vaccinated person has been exposed to the virus, which of course you don't.    

I’m sorry this confuses you, I was just using the numbers your fellow anti-Vaxxer posted. I can’t vouch for his numbers.

What is uncontested is that vaccination reduces infection by about 90%. 

in case you were wondering, the number of hospitalized vaccinated individuals in the US is less than one percent, compared with the unvaccinated, in some areas.

Vaccination saves lives.

• Like 1