Only six international travelers found with Covid-19 infections so far since the reopening, CAAT to issue more preventive announcements

snoop1130

Just now, spidermike007 said:

Covid, which is a relatively mild virus, attaches itself to the outside of a plane, remains glued to the plane after a 550mph flight at 35,000 feet, and then infects people upon arrival? It is about as stupid and unscientific as the silly hazmat suits they are wearing. 

This is not Ebola or Bubonic plague, except in the minds of tiny and fearful men like Prayuth, and some extreme neurotics.

What has that got to do with my post?

12 hours ago, Flink said:

So how do you explain this:

"WASHINGTON — At least 125,000 fully vaccinated Americans have tested positive for Covid and 1,400 of those have died, according to data collected by NBC News."

???

In UK, published data showed that some deaths occurred of fully vaccinated people over the last week - of course that was pounced on by some - but then context was added and those deaths occurred in the groups with myriad other complex and serious pre-existing conditions and all above 70 apart from 2 who were extremely obese. The others were in their 80s and 90s. Vaccines have certainly allowed hospitals to function in all the other important areas but they are not miracles.  UK just approved a an oral medicine for treatment and one would expect more of these to follow, just as medical research makes progress in other arenas once understanding of a new virus improves. 

Any  corona/flu type virus and this virus behaves as such, will always evade a vaccine to some extent Too many strains that constantly mutate for new vaccines  to ever by fully efficacious but they are our best hope of getting life back to normal with people being able to feed and educate their kids and life to have some pleasure.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Someone mentioned why is it silly to wash the outside of the planes, like they are flying, super contagious, deadly bacterial sticks. 

Dumb and dumber. 

And you carried on with a rant. A water salute is a celebratory tradition that goes back years and has nothing to do with disinfection. But I do have to agree with "Dumb and dumber", just not directed at the Thais.

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Someone mentioned why is it silly to wash the outside of the planes, like they are flying, super contagious, deadly bacterial sticks. 

Dumb and dumber. 

They are not washing the plane for Covid, it's an aviation tradition for certain flights. 

On 11/3/2021 at 3:46 PM, asiam110 said:

One positive for the breakfast buffet, and not being awoken with their hotel corridor antics this xmas..

On a more serious note the infection rate is on par with what Singapore saw roughly, although Thailand probably need a few more days of data and for all the silly agencies to all be telling the same arrival numbers before hard conclusions can be drawn, suspect Thailand will be a little higher - Singapore only accepting vaccinations certs that are digitally verifiable - no paper, a smaller 48hr PCR window and a smaller number of VTL only flights, and no exceptions to PCR for their own nationals

From many countries 48h PCR is not doable. If you live in small towns test capacity is limited and return of results takes too long. Tests at airports cost a small fortune if you want express processing. Munich airport 239 €.

9 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

They are not washing the plane for Covid, it's an aviation tradition for certain flights. 

Not just aviation, there's a few such as maritime too. I asked the question of the initial poster on the extremely remote chance he was a greenie and was calling it "silly" due to the water usage. But ...

11 hours ago, Salerno said:

Still possible but highly unlikely. If a Thai is coming back into quarantine, no Government mandate for a pre-flight test; airlines of course may have their own rules. Test and go or sandbox/blue then they also need pre-flight test.

These stories as you noted were from particularly airlines this was before the the outbreak and way before the sandbox.  There were stories here on Asean reporting such cases of Thais being repatriated back not having to follow the same protocols as other travelers on the same flight? ???? I agree today I think as to what has happened highly unlikely. Not confusing I hope? ????

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 10:58 PM, Danderman123 said:

You are confused. 

Vaccination can reduce the chance of infection by up to 90%. 

The epidemic will go away when enough anti-Vaxxers get infected. 

You said epidemic I assume you meant pandemic,

But that said like the annual flu COVID-19 and its mutations will be with us forever and could still be at the pandemic (maybe not as severe) levels.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/08/how-we-live-coronavirus-forever/619783/

2 hours ago, berrec said:

You said epidemic I assume you meant pandemic,

But that said like the annual flu COVID-19 and its mutations will be with us forever and could still be at the pandemic (maybe not as severe) levels.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/08/how-we-live-coronavirus-forever/619783/

Covid 19 is not like the Flu Sir, yes it will be around for a long time. Boosters will become the norm.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Covid 19 is not like the Flu Sir, yes it will be around for a long time. Boosters will become the norm.

I might be hesitant about becoming overly confident in the cycling booster programs, as the scientific evidence is already starting to show decreasing and little effectivity with each passing generation of mutated nastiness - we can't keep up.

23 hours ago, BadSpottedDog said:

No. Because he's not showing any symptoms.

I understand this would have been a good question to ask, but honestly I wouldn't have thought to ask if I'd have coverage for testing positive with no symptoms. Hopefully, this will give others a "heads up".

On 11/3/2021 at 8:33 PM, RichardColeman said:

Don't know what's worse 6 travellers with covid or only 1500 arrivals a day - rate is currently half their prediction of 1st 5 days now.

Be also interested to know where they were all from- dodgy vaccines or certificate - or just plain unlicky

The vaccines don’t have to be “dodgy”

No vaccine gives you 100% protection, or didn’t you know that?

• Like 2