Flight ticket out for covid extension?

1 hour ago, chrischronic said:

The vid I saw is on tiktok xiaomelon8 her recent post. 

I guess some IO made up an arbitrary rule. Just going again on a different day might solve this, or in the worst case making a trip to another province and getting the extension there.

But it might have happened because she is an Asian (excluding Japan) girl, I think after black people they are the group of people who face the most scrutinity if staying long term.

I saw a single post on FB (specific to Thailand, Immigration) that mentioned a similar encounter. It may even be the one the OP documented via a TikTok?

I think I've seen at least one post here similarly mentioning this requirement for a flight out.

But I have my doubts about how widespread this might be?

Eventually, maybe in 2022 this might become a requirement and a signal of the coming end of Covid Extensions?

It is easy and inexpensive (less than 1,000 baht, I've seen them for $19 USD) to get a temporary booking which passes muster with Thai immigration. Just google verified onward ticket. However, some of these have a short-ish shelf life (30 days or less) so make sure you factor that in to your plans.

From what I understand, they are asking for a proof that your flight ticket was cancelled.

Covid extension is supposed to be for people that can't leave the country because of covid, so it doesn't make sense.

Any one can confirm they ask for a proof your flight was cancelled?

10 minutes ago, farfreck said:

Any one can confirm they ask for a proof your flight was cancelled?

They should not. That is not a necessary condition for obtaining covid extension.

Tick second box on affidavit.

Link near start of topic.

Edited by DrJack54

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

They should not. That is not a necessary condition for obtaining covid extension.

Yet on forums and facebook groups, people have been reporting their covid extension was rejected because they asked for that.

However, I've also read people saying they got it in the last few weeks. It might be the case of going back to the immigration office on another day or changing province to be successful, but it seems that some people gave up.

13 minutes ago, farfreck said:

It might be the case of going back to the immigration office on another day or changing province to be successful, but it seems that some people gave up.

Thats a pity. The government has provided covid extensions and cancelled flight etc has not been a requirement. 

It's the same old power trip that few folk tend to enjoy.

A last resort would be to obtain it in another province. 

Especially given fact that almost certainly the covid extension will continue to be issued post Nov 27.

Another option is to resort to an agent. 

It's rubbish, you are entitled to covid extension. 

Edited by DrJack54

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thats a pity. The government has provided covid extensions and cancelled flight etc has not been a requirement. 

It's the same out power trip that few folk tend to enjoy.

A last resort would be to obtain it in another province. 

Especially given fact that almost certainly the covid extension will continue to be issued post Nov 27.

Another option is to resort to an agent. 

It's rubbish, you are entitled to covid extension.

I was waiting for you and ubonjoe's thought on this. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Kevinphall said:

I got one about 10 days ago and they did ask when I was leaving but didn’t ask for any proof. 

When I applied for the Covid extension at CW the IO asked me when I plan to go back to Germany.

I just said that I like to stay in Thailand and don't have any plans to go to Germany.

32 minutes ago, Kevinphall said:

MTT

"when you go home" - "60 days" - "no listen to the question not 60 days when you go home" - "January" - "OK dont forget"

Don't think I have ever suggested call hotline 1178 for a problem.

Perhaps what some of these clowns need at immigration is kick up the backside.

I have a track record of going in to bat for immigration officers.

However these statements from imm officer are a load of rubbish.

I'm very surprised that you had this experience at MTT.

I had expected that you would name some backwater office.

• Like 1