Thailand Pass entry date and re-registration question

Before I register, can I ask:

1. the system will only permit entry only for a specific flight on a specific day, is that correct?

2. Is it easy enough to re-register if the airline changes the flight, etc.? Do you simply register again as if your first registration did not exist? Wondering if I should wait until I am absolutely sure of travel date before registering, even if that may make things tight.

• Like 1

This is a great question. I recall our outbound KAL flight BKK JFK (changes BKK ICN)

KAL changed the flight numerous times. TBH I can't recall it was small shifts in time but I think the actual flight number and planes definitely changed bc we lost our seats thru that ordeal

• Like 1

You do need to register for a specific day in the application (and have to list dates) - following info / details are are required:

1) Personal details (Name, DOB, Passport number etc)

2) Passport Copy (JPG)

3) Note: Arrival Date

4) Submit Vaccination certificates (and QR Code)

5) List Quarantine Date (Arrival / Departure)

6) Submit 1 night quarantine booking

7) Note: Flight Number (written only i.e. AY141)

8 ) Submit Insurance document

(you do not need to submit a Flight Booking conformation / Ticket)

• Like 2

While I have no idea what the ThailandPass certificate looks like, the prior Certificate of Entry which I entered with had this language at the bottom: "Note to airlines: Flight changes (due to flight delay or cancellation ONLY) are permitted within 72 hours from the original flight time without the need to issue a new Certificate of Entry, provided that all other required documents are still valid."  Hopefully, whatever approval you get with ThailandPass may have similar language.

Edited by CMBob
correct grammar

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You do need to register for a specific day in the application (and have to list dates) - following info / details are are required:

2) Passport Copy (JPG)

One more question.   D oyou have to submit Non O Visa, RetirementStampand Re-entry Stamp Ifso is there section for that ordo you attach it to your passport page?

47 minutes ago, Havenstreet1940 said:
On 11/6/2021 at 3:47 PM, richard_smith237 said:

2) Passport Copy (JPG)

Expand  

One more question.   D oyou have to submit Non O Visa, RetirementStampand Re-entry Stamp Ifso is there section for that ordo you attach it to your passport page?

No...  The Thailand pass has nothing to do with your Visa status, it doesn’t even ask your visa status. 

Thailand Pass only deals with your Vaccine Status, AQ hotel Booking and Insurance Cover. 

You are asked the duration of your stay (I just put 90 days, but you could 20 or however long you plan on staying). 

There is no submission of Visa Pages, Re-entry stamps.

I imagine the Thailand Pass will be with us for some time whilst Thailand allows only vaccinated arrivals quarantine free exemption. 

At some point, once Thailand accepts the minimal risk of incoming vaccinated and PCR tested arrivals I suspect the 1 nite AQ requirement will be dropped and just a home Antigen test will be required to be submitted to Mor Chana etc (a similar system to the UK). 

The Thailand Pass will be something which can be filled out and approved within minutes - hopefully a streamlined system once the bugs are ironed out. 

Meanwhile unvaccinated tourists will still have to quarantine on arrival. 

Hopefully Thailand will permit travel from all countries without ’selectively’ excluding those countries it doesn’t see as ‘financially important’ (from a tourist perspective) and allow vaccinated visitors entry without quarantine. 

4 hours ago, CMBob said:

While I have no idea what the ThailandPass certificate looks like, the prior Certificate of Entry which I entered with had this language at the bottom: "Note to airlines: Flight changes (due to flight delay or cancellation ONLY) are permitted within 72 hours from the original flight time without the need to issue a new Certificate of Entry, provided that all other required documents are still valid."  Hopefully, whatever approval you get with ThailandPass may have similar language.

We booked our tickets well in advance and the flights changed a few times not just once and definitely at least once 72+ hours in advance. We arrived in Bangkok about the same time as planned it was just KAL internal issue.

Recipe for more headaches

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2021 at 3:13 PM, portlandtree said:

You do have to submit a flight ticket to the hotel

Why is that needed?

After booking my SHA+ hotel for 1-night stay they contacted me to provide these documents:

• Passport
  • Vaccination certificate
  • Flight ticket
  • Proof of travel insurance

It makes me super confused and angry. I provide all these documents for the Thailand Pass (except for flight ticket). Why should I provide them again for the hotel? Is this normal? Also I am not comfortable sending my passport via e-mail. Do you have similar experience?

Looks like this forum is slowly dying.. I will try to ask once more - can someone please post their experience with SHA+ hotel if the hotel also requested all the documents in advance via e-mail which are required for Thailand Pass application (passport, insurance, vaccination certificate, flight ticket)? Thanks a lot.

20 minutes ago, Alldar said:

Looks like this forum is slowly dying.. I will try to ask once more - can someone please post their experience with SHA+ hotel if the hotel also requested all the documents in advance via e-mail which are required for Thailand Pass application (passport, insurance, vaccination certificate, flight ticket)? Thanks a lot.

Hotel asked me for passport, insurance and flight ticket.

• Thanks 1