Thailand Pass approved. Did using an agent help?

IGCKorat

I was hugely relieved to last night receive my Thailand Pass approval and QR code. (ironically sent as a PDF).  My application was made on my behalf on Monday 01 November and I am travelling on Sunday 14 November.  I have a huge amount of business and personal matters to settle here in UK and I decided to employ the services of an agent.  Although I still had to upload all the required documents,  I was happy that someone would cast an experienced eye on them, and then would make the application on my behalf.  I of course have no way of knowing if I had applied directly if the result would have been the same,  but I am delighted at the outcome and feel the cost of approx. 3000 baht was very much worth every penny/baht paid.

If anyone needs the contact details, I'd be happy to share the agents contact details if you send me a PM.

It may be, in your opinion, a waste of money. An opinion you have formed whilst in possession of about 5% of the facts.  For me, with the onerous and stressful tasks I had on last week, it was very much not a waste of money.  Perhaps somewhere in my statement "I am delighted at the outcome"  or "it was very much worth every penny paid" you might have picked up on that.

Furthermore, despite reading a great deal recently about the Thailand Pass application process,  nowhere have I seen it reported that it can be done in 5 minutes.  Are you speaking from experience? 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, IGCKorat said:

It may be, in your opinion, a waste of money. An opinion you have formed whilst in possession of about 5% of the facts.  For me, with the onerous and stressful tasks I had on last week, it was very much not a waste of money.  Perhaps somewhere in my statement "I am delighted at the outcome"  or "it was very much worth every penny paid" you might have picked up on that.

Furthermore, despite reading a great deal recently about the Thailand Pass application process,  nowhere have I seen it reported that it can be done in 5 minutes.  Are you speaking from experience? 

I would agree with jackdd on that one. 
Not on the fact that it is a waste of money as everyone reacts as they see fit and in your case lack of time justifies the expense. 
This being said it does take a few minutes to do it ( and yes, quite a lot of hassles at the beginning and that is stressful ) 

Now what would not be a waste of money is if your agent really had connections because as far as I know we are all on the same boat.

Personally I have applied and still waiting for the approval 

And yes, some applicants have successfully applied and got their qr code literally under five minutes. 

9 hours ago, IGCKorat said:

I did go through it, yes.

All it does is to ask for some data and some documents. You sent this same data and documents to your agent, paid 3000THB to him, so that he inputs this data and documents on the Thailand Pass website. Actually there is no time saving at all, using the agent probably takes more time, due to the extra step of having to transfer the money. The processing also takes slightly longer, because you have to wait for the agent to input the data from your email into the website.

• 3 months later...