fortune it town reputable computer repair?

yogi yogi

There's a little shop that has a sign

We speak English.

The prices are a bit over the top.

Down that corridor there's another place that fixes laptops.

Try Amorn 4th floor

Get a Thai friend to go with you and drop it ,/ pickup if you're really concerned about money.

What's the problem?

Just as KhunLA recommended. Take the computer to an Advice shop. They always do a good job. Forget Fortune City IT. They only have lazy and crazy shops. No good service and not enough knowledge.

Advice you find here: www.advice.co.th The page has an English version. Just check online or call to get info where you closest shop is.

On 11/7/2021 at 3:27 AM, ChaiyaTH said:

Are tuk tuks bad or good, same question. 

Tuk Tuk are noise and polluting vehicles. Never been in one. I have read that they now make an electric driven one .Government should make them tax free to purchace., this would clean the city up

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, stbkk said:

I have been using a shop called 'pro corner' there for a number of years. Have had nothing but good service from the guy, who is (I think) half-thai, half Japanese, and speaks excellent English. He will give you a free evaluation and suggestions.

If you are walking from the MRT entrance towards the Tesco/IT city end, when you get to near the end where it splits into a square before the food court, if you look to the left where it splits you will see the shop. The sign is in English. I'm also not 100% sure what floor, I think it is 2 up from the ground floor. I know, I'm hopeless, sorry!

Where is the Tesco you mention and the MRT

24 minutes ago, Percy P said:

Where is the Tesco you mention and the MRT

Rama 9 MRT station, entrance to Fortune town very close to exit of MRT station.

As you look at this entrance to fortune town, Tesco is at the end of the building on the RH side.

On 11/7/2021 at 5:23 AM, ezzra said:

K. Chamlong knows his ways around computers and other electronic, might be bit of an issue with the language, his mobile :0816145729...

I have used K. Chamlong for years. Always good and reliable. Very reasonable price with good expertise. He speaks reasonable English. Address: 5 Fortune Bldg. F14 Rm4029 (I am reasonably sure he is on the 4th floor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stbkk said:

I have been using a shop called 'pro corner' there for a number of years. Have had nothing but good service from the guy, who is (I think) half-thai, half Japanese, and speaks excellent English. He will give you a free evaluation and suggestions.

If you are walking from the MRT entrance towards the Tesco/IT city end, when you get to near the end where it splits into a square before the food court, if you look to the left where it splits you will see the shop. The sign is in English. I'm also not 100% sure what floor, I think it is 2 up from the ground floor. I know, I'm hopeless, sorry!

I have also had very good experiences with Pro Corner.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, stbkk said:

i went to pro corner yesterday .  the guy speaks perfect english.  he learned english in usa.  looks like a lot of expats go to him at pro corner.  he did me ggood on my repair

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Percy P said:

Tuk Tuk are noise and polluting vehicles. Never been in one. I have read that they now make an electric driven one .Government should make them tax free to purchace., this would clean the city up

Electric tuk tuks have been around for a while. My guess is they're not considered cool. I sent a bud videos of R1T and F-100 Lightning pickups to a friend. He was very impressed but said they make no noise.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, stbkk said:

Yes, I think the guys name is Tony, he done well for me, be aware he is closed on Mondays.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Yes, I think the guys name is Tony, he done well for me, be aware he is closed on Mondays.

the pro corner owner is Nic, speaks decent english, very clear on what he will do and how much it will cost, phones with updates. he's fixed several problems for me, recommended.

• Like 1

Avoid the Lenovo repair centre in Fortune,  costly, slow, unhelpful and useless.

Next to Banana IT on the corner is a repair shop, the guy was honest enough to say my Lenova Yoga was not worth repairing, as cost of parts will be higher than buying a new laptop, unlike Lenovo who charged me THB 1,500 and took a month to tell me they couldn't get the parts.

9 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

i could have sworn i went on monday and he was open

I went on two Mondays about two or three years ago and he was closed, I ask someone in the next shop, and was told he was closed on Mondays, maybe things have changed now.

8 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

the pro corner owner is Nic, speaks decent english, very clear on what he will do and how much it will cost, phones with updates. he's fixed several problems for me, recommended.

Yes that's right Nick, I only met him twice and he did a good job for me. It was a TV member who recommended him to me.

18 minutes ago, steven100 said:

his name is not Tony,  his name is Nick. 

he is an excellent tech ... I used him some 10 yrs ago ...

I have already said in another post that I made a mistake. yes his name is Nick and I fully recommend him.

• Like 1