Driving Miss Daisy into the Next Life: What happens when we die, suddenly, in Thailand, without a plan? Do you know?

GammaGlobulin

On 11/7/2021 at 10:31 PM, chickenslegs said:

If you keep on distracting your driver like this, your demise may come a lot quicker than you hoped.

She was driving and he was not riding Miss Daisy in the backseat.  That could end in his demise, many dying while riding or being ridden....good way to go if it is with your partner for life or a LT GF, but not a Pattaya/Phuket, or in  BKK Patpong/Cowboy, or a Nana fling.

On 11/7/2021 at 11:01 AM, 473geo said:

Late one evening a few years ago saw something burning on the lawn beside a house, my wife informed me it was a cremation and would probably burn for couple of days or so.

Body was wrapped and propped up over the fire, looked a good way to finish up to me everything at home no stress for the family

Sounds like a dinkum barbie.

I think I would like that for myself.  Get the family around with some steaks and booze etc and I would get a good send off.

4 hours ago, NancyL said:

There are many posts about this topic on this forum.  What you really should worry about is what happens if you become incapacitated, but need care while living in Thailand.  If you're alone, who can access your bank accounts, etc to pay your bills, deal with the hospital, nursing home, make medical decisions for you.  

I'm amazed at the number of expats who worry about things like being properly embalmed with a nice shave for an open casket funeral but don't think about what would happen if they have a stroke, can't properly talk, think or walk and need care for the rest of their life.

Dear Nancy,

You always post logical posts which make much sense.

In fact, the only reason I first decided to post here, several months ago, was because I read your post about travelling to Guam.

It is important to have someone, such as yourself, who uniquely represents reason amongst us others here on this great Pub Forum.

Last time I read one of your posts, you were sunning yourself in Guam, and preparing to binge on Netflix...Yes, I do remember ALL, or most, of your posts.

Anyway, I hope you got to Guam, and then returned, without undue difficulties, for sure.

Did you read any good books while in Guam?

Please recall that, last time, I suggested you read Nemesis, Herman Wouk.

Take care, Nancy.

You are always a beacon of reason for us all.

Take care.

• Haha 1