Gas installation to cook top

GreasyFingers

I have two tanks under the counter on the third floor. Fortunately, the guys that deliver them carry the full one up and the empty one down...

I use the hose that came with the regulator and I can't imagine how I might burn through it. 

Incidentally, I bought a single "burner" induction cooker about six months ago. Thought I would hate it but I love it. I might get few more and quit using the gas altogether. 

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Incidentally, I bought a single "burner" induction cooker about six months ago. Thought I would hate it but I love it. I might get few more and quit using the gas altogether. 

My setup is a double induction cooker beside a double gas one, so far I haven’t installed the gas supply but it’s there for the times the power is cut, in our case several times a week for minutes and a few times a month for longer periods. At the moment I use the outside kitchen gas cooker but soon will setup the supply for the internal kitchen.

it’s quite likely that the gas rings will get little use.

Thank you all who had a productive input to this topic. The installation still needs a couple of attachments to finish. It is not pretty and when you compare it to the original photo you could say that it is overkill.

I am told that the pressure gauges are a safety feature.

Instead of copper pipe he has used painted gal iron but will use copper to connect to the hob.

How I will make a waterproof cabinet to cover the gas bottles is anyone's guess. The original intention is to have the gas bottles outside and this has been achieved (somewhat).

RIMG1100.thumb.JPG.78457c0c0812ae292befd3069846ae98.JPG

RIMG1102.JPG