Thailand reports 7,960 new Covid-19 cases, 6,950 recoveries, 53 deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

HV7RVR3E65MZHIYDKW4O2J4Z6Y.jpeg

Image: Reuters file photo

Thailand on Sunday reported 7,960 new Covid-19 cases, 6,950 recoveries and 53 deaths.

Sunday's cases bring the total number of cases reported in Thailand since the start of the pandemic to 1,967,999 and 1,939,136 since April 1, the start of the so-called third wave. 

Thailand's death toll from COVID-19 stands at 19,664 since the start of the pandemic and 19,570 since April 1.

On Disease Control Department (DCD) chief Dr Opas Karnkawinpong reported that 60 percent of the population in Thailand had received on vaccine dose, while 35 percent of the population are fully now fully vaccinated.

Dr Opas said he expects Thailand to reach the milestone of 80 million vaccine doses administered within the next couple of days.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-11-07

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Thailand's death toll from COVID-19 stands at 19,664 since the start of the pandemic and 19,570 since April 1.

An interesting number. Being that someone on here keeps posting where Thailand lies globally on deaths overall it is I believe is pertinent to mention that Thailand's official death toll on April 1 was 96. That's 19,407 deaths in 8 months or an average 2,434 a month or an average of around 80 per day.

This is around 5,000 more than the UK in the same period. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

An interesting number. Being that someone on here keeps posting where Thailand lies globally on deaths overall it is I believe is pertinent to mention that Thailand's official death toll on April 1 was 96. That's 19,407 deaths in 8 months or an average 2,434 a month or an average of around 80 per day.

This is around 5,000 more than the UK in the same period. 

Where.s your link to your "around" guestimate? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Nice to see another drop from the previous figure of 94. Let's hope this trend can continue here and in other provinces.

Health officials on Saturday (Nov 6) reported 82 new COVID-19 cases, 30 were found in Hua Hin.

Elsewhere in the province, 28 cases were found in Pranburi, 5 cases in Sam Roi Yot, 1 case in Kuiburi, zero cases found in Thap Sakae, zero cases in Bang Saphan, 2 cases in Bang Saphan Noi, and 16 cases in Mueang Prachuap Khiri Khan. No deaths were reported today.

Nov 6: Prachuap reports 82 new COVID-19 cases, 30 cases in Hua Hin - Hua Hin Today English Newspaper Info, Reports, Events and News Social Life

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chonburi announces 249 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 and 3 new deaths

As for the three new deaths yesterday, they were elders with an average age of 72. They were close contacts from previously confirmed cases in families according to the Chonburi Department of Public Health. They all had chronic health problems. Two of them were not vaccinated.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/07/chonburi-announces-249-new-and-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-and-3-new-deaths/

No photo description available.

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bluetongue said:

But hang on, just yesterday I think it was, you said that the downward trend had finished and we were on a long slow upward trend again. Not having a go because in reality yesterday was up, today is down. We have this daily thread discussing case numbers (mainly), I point out in some places they've stopped providing daily briefings, it only adds to the fear factor and encouragement of amateur epidemiologists. I actually agree with one of your previous theories were we were more or less flatlining around 10k. Also not defending the Thai authorities but I do think some of our judgement based solely on limited data and without embedded knowledge (remembering that a lot of what is happening is in Thai which most of us I reckon would be limited in) of the practices and policies being carried out are a bit harsh. What I've seen of our local authorities in the village is that they do a pretty good job with limited resources, Bangkok is probably different. There wouldn't be a country in the world that could hold its head up against all criticism.

I take on board your “limited data” note, but it is with this “limited data” the authorities are calling the shots

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

they have more data than I have seen anyway, things like clusters, outbreaks in fact a multitude of things, you think maybe they are just calling the shots based on what we know on this page?

Just as well they are not or they would never open if they believed half the scare stories and statistics analysis on here. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bluetongue said:

But hang on, just yesterday I think it was, you said that the downward trend had finished and we were on a long slow upward trend again. Not having a go because in reality yesterday was up, today is down. We have this daily thread discussing case numbers (mainly), I point out in some places they've stopped providing daily briefings, it only adds to the fear factor and encouragement of amateur epidemiologists. I actually agree with one of your previous theories were we were more or less flatlining around 10k. Also not defending the Thai authorities but I do think some of our judgement based solely on limited data and without embedded knowledge (remembering that a lot of what is happening is in Thai which most of us I reckon would be limited in) of the practices and policies being carried out are a bit harsh. What I've seen of our local authorities in the village is that they do a pretty good job with limited resources, Bangkok is probably different. There wouldn't be a country in the world that could hold its head up against all criticism.

These are also weekend numbers. We shall see what Tuesday and Wednesday bring...

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Scare stories on here, really. Show me one.  Statistical analysis is based upon the numbers they give and excess mortality, nothing more. Try again.

What like the “statistical analysis “ the gentleman pointed out from you yesterday:

“Looks like we are in a slow upward trend now.  Cases of new infections a little higher than the recoveries and discharges.”

Dream on. 

Try again Sir. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

What like the “statistical analysis “ the gentleman pointed out from you yesterday:

“Looks like we are in a slow upward trend now.  Cases of new infections a little higher than the recoveries and discharges.”

Dream on. 

Try again Sir. 

Your a tad out of touch with the statistics of weekend numbers. As I said it has been a slow bumpy ride which means ups as well as downs, but I digress as your view is not mine and I agree to disagree with someone who does not view the totality as it is. 

Nowhere in any of my post did I say "Dream On" as you also boldly highlighted, thus misqouting me as you do.

Again show me a scare story posted.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Bluetongue said:

they have more data than I have seen anyway, things like clusters, outbreaks in fact a multitude of things, you think maybe they are just calling the shots based on what we know on this page?

No,calling the shots to whats suits the mood at the time, no large gatherings has come in as a useful tool for sure.

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Chonburi announces 249 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 and 3 new deaths

As for the three new deaths yesterday, they were elders with an average age of 72. They were close contacts from previously confirmed cases in families according to the Chonburi Department of Public Health. They all had chronic health problems. Two of them were not vaccinated.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/07/chonburi-announces-249-new-and-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-and-3-new-deaths/

No photo description available.

733 deaths from 103,242 cases is approx .071% for Chonburri is that correct? How does that compare to Thailand generally.

19 minutes ago, Olmate said:

733 deaths from 103,242 cases is approx .071% for Chonburri is that correct? How does that compare to Thailand generally.

Why not go here where all the Thai data on each province including testing, cases, CFR for each province which you are after and all other data they possess. IIts updated daily.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/

• Like 1