Actions to be taken against ‘Clubhouse’ users who discriminate against people from Isaan

snoop1130

Because discrimination will lead to offense, then thinking and then the realization that they are most definitely sadly used in this country. My partner was ethnically abused in school by Thai-Chinese and Thai-Malay, they called her 'green'.

I have heard that SOME Bangkokians/ Thai-Chinese have a rather nasty saying about their fellow countryman. They say that an Issan person is happy as long as they have something to eat, drink and boomboom, everything else is mai pen rai. I think they are easily used because they are such nice and easy going people and in a sense most do just want a simple life. I do not believe the intent behind this saying is that but more than they are simpletons. Maybe the reason why that is all they care about is because they already know the dice are loaded so better to just have fun and enjoy life rather then attempt the insurmountable.

However, I and my partner do not think this is endemic whatsoever and my partner has never experienced any sort of discrimination at her office or any companies she has worked for.

Edited by bangkokbonecollector

6 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Hill tribe people don't get a great deal either

Yeah.  I got rather used to them when I worked in the refugee camps back in 1979/80.  I spent a lot of time (and many nights) at the Ban Vinai camp in Loei.  There were thousands of Hmong there.  I was impressed by some of the teenage kids we hired to help out with the resettlement interviewing process.  Tough folks. 

The prior two years I worked with Isaan farmers in Loei.  We got along well. 

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Great start.

Now when will they stop the discrimination towards expats?

The leaders including their judges draw the line as long as you look like Thai they will stop but if you are any other color and have more than they do it is O.K. to discriminate because you have it.

• Like 2

People simply don't like people and will find any reason at all to dislike and abuse others. It is universal and first shows itself in school yard bullying, so it's inbuilt into the genes rather than learned from others. And doesn't everyone resent a stranger sitting next to them on a bus or train or plane (except when I was seated next to a delightful Japanese girl when flying Tokyo - New York. That was good).

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 5:16 AM, Gold Star said:

Great start.

Now when will they stop the discrimination towards expats?

Is that a joke? Lived 17 years in Thailand and never felt any discrimination. I always felt they treated me better than they treat each other. I can't name a single instance of discrimination against me. 

And don't say double pricing in some venues. That's a blanket standard at those places for all foreigners, expats and tourists alike. 

I doubt very seriously you've suffered real discrimination like a black man in a small town in the American South. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spermwhale said:

Is that a joke? Lived 17 years in Thailand and never felt any discrimination. I always felt they treated me better than they treat each other. I can't name a single instance of discrimination against me. 

And don't say double pricing in some venues. That's a blanket standard at those places for all foreigners, expats and tourists alike. 

I doubt very seriously you've suffered real discrimination like a black man in a small town in the American South. 

You must be living in a temple. Most of the discrimination involves or is permitted by the government or police.

Man, where should I start?

Anutin blaming the pandemic spread on 'dirty falangs'.

No vaccines available for falangs, only Thai's early on. 

My Thai friend that looks like a foreigner must pay foreigner pricing at parks etc. even though he has his ID card and clearly is a Thai.  Yes, dual pricing IS discrimination.

Insurance rates higher.

Legal matters rarely favour the foreigner.

Accidents are most often blamed on the foreigner, even though they are clearly not guilty. If you were not in this country, he would not have hit you and the accident would not have happened.

Walk away from every altercation involving a Thai as you will soon have 10 other Thai's kicking the <deleted> out of you.

Police stop you for infractions made up on the spot, while Thai's speed by 3 up, no helmets, or licences.

Alcohol and drug urine tests are most often given to falangs, while Thais walk.

In most all instances involving contracts, purchases, or legal things, the foreigner is at a disadvantage, and most likely to be a mark in a scam. My friend with rentals now has no income from his tenants, as his agent kept the money, and has no recourse, as it is the falang that can bear the loss.

I could go on and on and on, as well as others that can add their stories.....