Can I organise the Test&Go Package, or does everything have to be done by the hotel?

Tim Hua Hin

Fully vaccinated travellers from approved countries arriving in Bangkok are required to spend 1 night in a hotel, have a COVID test, and wait for results. Can I organise the Test and Go package, or does the hotel have to organise everything? Agoda is showing quarantine hotels ( so better than Booking ), but there are some which offer a full package ( pickup from airport, the Covid test ), and others which are just SHA certified. The SHA hotels don't offer information on Covid. 

Edited by Tim Hua Hin
addition

only AQ hotels, full package.

Your sha+ reservation won't be honoured.

Even if you get TP, you will be asked by immigration to make a new, proper booking. 

Agoda is more expensive than booking directly with hotel.

On top of quoted price they put service charge and VAT. That's around 1k more. I have compared prices from both sources. I like agoda very much for their price and choice, but not in that case

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Even if you get TP, you will be asked by immigration to make a new, proper booking. 

Where did you read that?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, internationalism said:

On top of quoted price they put service charge and VAT. That's around 1k more. I have compared prices from both sources. I like agoda very much for their price and choice, but not in that case

Thanks for your prompt reply. I'm looking at ASQ hotels. Lowest price is 3,800. 

Phuket is the exception in regard to PCR upon arrival test as you can book it yourself (a few Test & Go hotels will now offer it, but it seems most will tell you to do it on thailandpsas.com for THB 2400).

Edited by Sandboxer
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tim Hua Hin said:

Thanks for your prompt reply. I'm looking at ASQ hotels. Lowest price is 3,800. 

rates do charge daily.

write enquiry to 10-20 cheapest hotels for your date.

ask if sometimes they have lower price.

those cheap might have only 1 meal, the other 3 meals.

So if really hungry and no possibility of outside food order 9some hotels are barring it), you will end up paying for their overpriced restaurant.

For me the most important factors are unlimited free date changes and low cancellation fee. There are hotels with unlimited, the other require 14 days advance notice and charge 1k for each change. Some hotels charge 50% for cancellation, some other don't pay back anything.

the cheapest with good conditions I have found is 4500b, but I will chose for 4700b which has the best policies.

Those several hundred baht extra can go a long way when problems with TP, delayed travel etc

• Like 1

Due to the poor clarification of SHA+ and AQ hotels I would consider best to book an AQ hotel for one night.

AQ hotels are certified and ‘must’ include Airport transfer and PCR test (and ATK) in their package. 

SHA+ hotels have met an MoPH accreditation, but have not met the AQ package requirements. 

And some SHA+ hotels include Airport transfer and PCR test (and ATK) in their package. 

IMO - Booking an AQ hotel direct with the the hotel is the best option. 

Previously I did use Agoda to book an ASQ hotel in Bangkok for Quarantine, and also an SHA+ for Sandbox another time - but at those times there was just one system (ASQ in Bangkok / SHA+ Phuket) whereas the currently quarantine climate involves a degree of ambiguity which needs to be filtered - Thus: Booking an AQ directly with the hotel avoids the potential snafu. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

Yes, Agoda looks like a bit of a rip off based on my limited searching. 

Edited by shdmn

7 hours ago, internationalism said:

Thailand pass, COE and hole this circus is the brainchild of the MFA.

Immigration are not involved. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Thailand pass, COE and hole this circus is the brainchild of the MFA.

Immigration are not involved. 

apparently, it's what now immigration do, on tor of their other duties.

As if they were earlier tasked with getting passenger address on tm6 form. That is now extension of that rule

• Like 1