eVisa website Internal Server Error

Hello,

One week ago I applied for a multi-entry TR visa on thaievisa.go.th from the UK.

I got to the step where the payment was accepted and I got the PDF receipt.

I haven't heard anything back yet about the visa, but since Friday when I log into the website I get into an Internal Server Error loop.

The problem is 100% not with my computer, and if I create a new (dummy) account I don't get this error.

My departure date is on Saturday and I'm starting to get worried if the visa will get processed in time.

I've been back and forth with stupid emails to '[email protected]' where they tell me to clear the browser cache, create a new account (but I already have an application) but no real progress.

Not sure what to do now? Do they have a support?

My biggest concern is that if I can't see my application, will the embassy see it at all?

I don't even mind submitting another 30-day visa application if I know that will get processed faster, but that might go to the bottom of the pile.

Any suggestions appreciated.

image.png.c65a629ea98e83f89cb0e27a6d6f6031.png

• Haha 1

Not sure what you can do other than contacting the embassy again.

Did you attach a copy of your receipt for the payment to the email you sent to them?

Perhaps a call to the embassy would get better results. The phone numbers are on this page. 

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/page/81604-address-numbers-email-addresses?menu=5d6636ce15e39c3bd0007337

hello... sames issue here in france .... we submitted 2 requests for tourist VIsa, made payments and the server crashed ( no receipt received but the amount was charged to our credit card) ... we also created a dummy account and no eror on this one but there is no visa request on it... it seems the server crash when trying to get the data .... No answer yet from the french thai embassy on the issue... we also tried with different browser, cleaned cache, allow cookies but nothing work...

Capibara, have you solved the issue ?

• Haha 1

Same Here in France since friday....

Sent message to Thai embassy / Thai Consulate , still no answer ....

Try also on differents Browser....

always connect/deconnect/connect/deconnect.....

If someone can have an answer please let us know 

Have a nice day all 

Got some news from the french ambassy 

http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/visa-rdv/infos-generales/?fbclid=IwAR2b-CZKEkSiTdsZk6loked5m6H2_KJ-JXE4aKxjYZbmtutf0MSyFUBwsiY

Google Translate

The Royal Thai Embassy in Paris would like to inform visa applicants that due to technical issues not all Thai embassies have been able to access the E-Visa system and approve visa applications. since November 6, 2021.

Our team in Bangkok has been working to resolve this issue and we are waiting for the system to work normally again on November 12th. Once that is the case, the Embassy will speedily resume visa approval.

In the meantime, here are some recommendations for visa applicants:

1. As we enter the period with a very high number of visa applications, visa approval will take at least 7 days (or more in most cases). Please submit your application long enough before your departure and prepare your file very carefully, as missing documents will cause a significant delay in the procedure, or even a refusal of a visa.

2. All travelers to Thailand must register in the “Thailand Pass” system at tp.consular.go.th and obtain a QR code, in order to be able to board a flight to Thailand. You can already register now or as soon as possible as the system does not require the visa attached. It will take up to 7 days for you to receive a Thailand Pass result.

8 hours ago, kris06 said:

hello... sames issue here in france .... we submitted 2 requests for tourist VIsa, made payments and the server crashed ( no receipt received but the amount was charged to our credit card) ... we also created a dummy account and no eror on this one but there is no visa request on it... it seems the server crash when trying to get the data .... No answer yet from the french thai embassy on the issue... we also tried with different browser, cleaned cache, allow cookies but nothing work...

http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/visa-rdv/infos-generales/?fbclid=IwAR2qnXeeE58K2SDP8kancKyGoJjK-evUgtEfAmi6Y1L40G2JaBp2JgQ4fFE

13 hours ago, kris06 said:

No solution yet sadly.

This is old news now, but two days ago [email protected] replied to my email saying that the website has 'technical difficulties' and I should try checking again in 24 hours. Today still 500 Server Error. Reading the French Thai Consulate's announcement looks like the deadline was pushed out to Friday but my flight is departing on Saturday.

Inspecting the browser traffic when the error happens, the problem is their API server can't retrieve the applications of my account.

image.png.1cc50e65e92547f161ac29ee471e4ba5.png

Someone on Reddit has woken up with another person's application meaning this incident has affected the database and it's serious.

14 hours ago, kris06 said:

made payments and the server crashed ( no receipt received but the amount was charged to our credit card)

This was exactly my symptom also. Shortly after the payment and crash the website came back up and I was quickly able to download the payment receipt PDF.

I did apply for a second visa out of desperation so I'm chasing the embassy to get that approved but no response as of yet.

Tip for those affected by this issue and need a visa urgently, you're probably better off applying for a new visa because their database has been screwed up.

I applied for STV on the 1st of November and submitted additional info to thai embassy London at MFA’s request on 6th, heard nothing since and there’s no way to get in touch with Thai Embassy London. Very stressful. Didn’t realise the Thailand Pass can be submitted without visa approval so that’s good news and will crack on with that. Flying on 20th

33 minutes ago, baboon said:

Sigh. Can't they just go back to the old system as a stopgap until they get their sh!t anywhere near together. I am in the same position as many other posters on here and it's just bloody madness....

Tens of thousands of approvals have gone through.  Many in the last few days. How does that fit in to your "they [can't] get their sh!t anywhere near together" narrative?

Edited by shdmn
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Tens of thousands of approvals have gone through.  Many in the last few days. How does that fit in to your "they [can't] get their sh!t anywhere near together" narrative?

A read of the above thread.

I know the system is balls, other applicants know the system is balls, you know the system is balls. O.K?

• Like 1

the 500 server error is not affected by which browser you are using, completely unrelated

it seems to be an intermittent error on their side, probably some "poor" code injected by their Indian or Thai developers ????

they never learn ????

Edited by GrandPapillon