How I Got My Thai Pass Approved In 10 Hours

6 minutes ago, Judysha said:

Book your Insurance via AXA Thailand - the insurance will cost around 700+ baht - not bad they will send the Policy Certificate right after payment.

Thanks for the report.

How do they work out insurance cost?

Length of stay or.....?

Also assume age comes into play? 

• Like 1

@Judysha

Thanks for the organized reply which is easy to read.

1. Are you on long term non-O visa or tourist visa? I am just wondering whether health insurance is required for non-O visa as well.

2. How long does the health insurance cover? 1 year or 30 days???

3. What is the order of doing things in terms of buying air ticket, covid test, applying for thailand pass?

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

Hi EricTh!

1 - I actually am not in any VISA- I'm travelling from the Philippines so visa is not required for me, But yes health insurance is required when you travel to Thailand. 

foreigners who are applying for and entering Thailand with a non-immigrant O visa must show that they have valid health insurance covering their period of stay

I've come across to this link, feel free to visit the link you might find some information here too.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-thailand/health-insurance-thailand-for-retirees

2- Health insurance should cover the length of stay. 

3. I highly suggest you get your ticket date, why? because the hotel will require you to input the Flight Number Origin at the same time this information that hotel will ask from you they will submit it to the Thai Consulate to monitor the tourists and other expats entering the country.  Get the Insurance via Axa Thailand, Send this documents to the hotel right after.  That's the time you apply for COE. 

Hope this would help. 

have a good day!

• Like 1

@Judysha 

A double thank you.

The link you posted is so user-friendly. So I just ran this in for 65 yr from Oz. 

Length of coverage 30 days and also 320 days.

For us folk with a current POS (in my case renewed last week). The insurance length of coverage can vary greatly. 

Hardly fair. 

Screenshot_20211110-113246.jpg

Screenshot_20211110-113226.jpg

6 minutes ago, Judysha said:

Hope you get your Thai Pass soon!

Actually currently in Thailand.

My interest comes from wanting to make quick trip to Oz to see family that have not seen for 2yr up due to covid situation. 

The issue for folk in my situation is that some have long current permission of stay (in my case 12 months) 

The required cost of coverage is not insignificant.

Can you indicate how you entered Thailand visa wise and what length of coverage was required.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Judysha said:

Ohh, that's just too bad. I actually require no visa. I'm travelling from Philly and my insurance will only cover for 8 days. What type of VISA do you have in Thailand? 

That's my whole point. 

Your insignificant (cost wise) insurance is for 8 days. 

For all the folk living in Thailand wanting to take short trip out and return they could require insurance to cover up to 12 months. Expensive.

BTW how long were you stamped in for in Thailand.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

@Sheryl yeah I heard so, that's the inconvenient part and takes them more time to approve the Thai Pass cause they have to manually look up your vaccine lot number, big pain for both sides. However, I have the International certificate too and that vaccine book has QR code. I'll attach a pic of how it looks. 

I think this Vaccination Book is available and It is recognized by member countries of the World Health Organization. 

Other people can try to check with their local government if they issue the same. This might be the best substitute for the other certificate they have.

IMG_20211110_142252.jpg

IMG_20211005_191750.jpg

Edited by Judysha
clarify details
  • Like 2

@DrJack54 yes exactly a total rip off, but have you checked maybe you need a health insurance instead? 23,000 baht is almost $800. Same with the other expats for example the Non-O, Non-O'A visa, Try checking with the nearest Embassy.

My stamping only for 6 Days but I made sure to have for 9 days insurance. So I added a day before and after the flight just in the worst-case scenario. 

Edited by Judysha
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Judysha said:

1. I found this advise from a different Forum: Book your Test and Go Hotel with LEGACY HOTEL via ASQ.com  (https://asq.in.th/asq-thailand-hotels/the-legacy-hotel). The Test and Go only costs around 3900 Baht plus 5% transaction fee.  I highly recommend this hotel because they reply fast to your inquiries and at the same time they will send you the confirmation letter in no time.  ( they accept Credit/Debit Visa Mastercard and bank deposits).

This reads like a stupid advert

• Haha 1

It's a requirement that the hotel booking document that you submit to Thailand Pass (must be a JPEG document) must include the details of the flight number the hotel will meet at Suvarnabhumi airport to pick you up.

(Must include: airline name, flight number, date and time of arrival at Suvarnabhumi Airport. Also a requirement that the guest name on the hotel booking document must be exactly the same as on your passport details page that you must submit to Thailand Pass. Name on Vaccination History/Certificate/Passport submitted must also be exactly same as the other documents.)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dpeti73 said:

You can find much more cheaper insurance than axa https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/step_1

its 3800B for 90 days no age limit

It may be cheaper; however, it is not suitable for the Thailand Pass. The COE required covid coverage only, the Thailand Pass requires health care including covid coverage.