Thailand to target ‘quality’ and first time visitors

webfact

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Still looking for the real Millionaires and not the two week type it appears.

Alas still resting on past laurels.  Time to regroup and re-brand.  Lets call it Thailand 5.0 where we want folks who will buy up the empty condos, work for a pittance while paying taxes, and yet already be true millionaires and get those free visas.  Does someone see any issues......rhetorical question.

Thailand is stuck in the past while other countries around her move forward into the 22nd century.

In one study of SE Asian countries and which ones will be the most prolific and advanced in 20 years time ,  Thailand did not make the top 5 !     Even Myanmar was mooted as having huge potential once it gets over the present crisis .   

26 minutes ago, dsj said:

My sister and her family, who are fairly well and seasoned travellers, came to Thailand about 8 years ago for Christmas (3 Weeks) went to Chiang Mai, Phuket and diving, and they said, that they would never return.

Then they do not fit in the program anymore

Visa on arrival denied ???? 

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Have you attended or even invited for a Indian wedding? I was invited to attend the wedding of the daughter of the owner of a steel mill in Delhi held in a 5 stars Hotel in downtown Bangkok. It was typical Indian wedding that will spend money to ensure a wedding that will be remembered forever. The immediate family booked at least 20 rooms and close friends and business associates came along too and stayed for next 5 days. Talking to the father, I was told it's common for Indians to come to Bangkok and hold weddings because  of its proximity to India, unparallelled hospitality and value for money. 

Sounds ghastly.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Thailand to target ‘quality’ tourists and first timers.

So they expect that the tourists will only come one time to Thailand than?

After getting thorughly fleaced the first time why would they return.  Obviously these monied individuals can't read. 

Dear Prayuth, dear Anutin,

Here's some of your wealthy "quality" tourists in action... press PLAY. ????????????

More seriously though... it's good to see things are potentially going back to their "normal".

Note as stated in the video it appears there's a 11PM curfew no one seems to abide to and clearly not enough police forces to enforce any "rules" anyway (as you can see at around 5:53 in the video, 1 single BiB and 1 single tourist police guy).

I'm not going to drag this any further along and claim that "Thailand is back!" but I must admit these few early signs are... "encouraging" to say the least.

A picture is worth a thousands words so have a good watch as this was filmed last night and uploaded to YouTube just a few hours ago.

Meanwhile in Pattaya... ZZZ nothing.

Edited by NanaSomchai

And as seen in the adjacent article, you do indeed need to be wealthy upon arrival in Thailand because if you test positive you get whopped with a 350,000 baht bill and there is no mention of that fact in the process of meeting the entry requirements.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Thailand to target ‘quality’ tourists and first timers.

So they expect that the tourists will only come one time to Thailand than?

no - the first-timers will not usually be forewarned about the Land of Scams, so theoretically easier to fleece. However this logic does not really apply to Indians, does it......?

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

.... is it dawning on the authorities that those who’ve been ripped off by Taxi’s and Jet-ski mafia are unlikely to return so they want fresh-meat ???? 

Hence the 4 questions Im asked daily for over a decade in LOS-- #2

1 where u from (so I can decide if youre rich)

2 How long u stay thailand (so I know if you know the scams)

3 do you speak thais (before I gossip about you)

4 do you have thai lady (even if you say no they think yes)

rinse lather repeat....

Oh do stop it... we heard this nonsense before and didn't believe it then, never mind the fact they do not have the capacity to selectively attract discerning and wealthy tourists. 

It's number, numbers and more numbers..... why else would they target the two most populated countries on Earth, whose peoples in the main hardly have a pot to pxss in!