Tourist faces huge bill, separation from family after testing positive on arrival in Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

His said that he had tested positive and will be transferred to hospital, and mine said that mine is negative, but I’d need to stay in quarantine for 14 days”.

Tat is just plain wrong, negative means negative.

1 hour ago, tezzaaa said:

Interesting post (+ good to know), does anyone know/recommend any Thai insurance that would  cover costs if found positive?

There are a few:

https://www.aainsure.net/COVID-100000-usd-insurance.html

Roojai/Dhipaya Covid only insurance should also cover asymptomatic as stated by their agent in this forum.

However there are many nuances.  If one stays in an AQ hotel, they are associated with a hospital, usually private, so probably there is not much choice and the covid positive person will be dispatched to that hospital. This is how the ASQ system worked.

The SHA+ hotels however have only certification, so in theory if one is tested positive they should have a choice between public/private hospital, hospitel, or a field hospital.  There was a case recently in Samui when someone got charged 60K baht for hospitel stay, so the exorbitant charges of hundreds of thousands would be usually for stays in the very expensive private hospitals.

If a field hospital is available the charges will be very low, but no privacy and power points, bring big power banks there to use your phone ????