Tourist faces huge bill, separation from family after testing positive on arrival in Thailand

webfact

3 hours ago, Chris.B said:

350,000 baht hospital bill, nearly £8,000 for 10 day stay! Must be a good room at 35,000 baht a night!

I think there are free games of Golf each day with cart and Caddy along with a 5 star Kow Pat Guy 3 times a day “;0)

8 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

I don't normally come down on the side of the system, but Kirov has replied on Barrow "Today I felt the first symptoms -  mild headache and strange feeling in the chest, so I can confirm stat this is not a total scam. 
But now I am super afraid about the upcoming test for my family
"

So he does have the virus.

Thats a Maybe, could be anything!

7 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

I don't normally come down on the side of the system, but Kirov has replied on Barrow "Today I felt the first symptoms -  mild headache and strange feeling in the chest, so I can confirm stat this is not a total scam. 
"

In which case surely his insurance should have no qualms in paying out?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Why would 'Covid Medical' insurance pay for someone's 14 days in quarantine when he tested negative and requires no medical treatment at all?

The father in the article tested positive upon arrival...I'm pretty sure his covid insurance will cover as long it's not a scam company. The other one sitting in the same cab with his infected friend may have his costs covered too if he's got a good travel/covid insurance (I admit the second case really depends on the small print)

2 hours ago, wombat said:

like old mate was saying the other day, with so many moving parts who is to say someone isn't being given an earner to put ''positive' on a form to send people off into quarantine?
times are tough and the rice bowl needs filling.

Which is why I’ll be taking my own Covid tests with me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Surely the temples are not that enthralling?

They have just no <@#(%+§@> idea! In terms of cultural heritage (ruins, great monuments etc), there are a number of countries that beat Thailand hands down. Apart of at most 1 or 2 dozen sites, there is nothing that much in Thailand, just a lot of garishly painted concrete buildings.

A number of times, with my partner's family, I was dragged on to the Thai-famous "pai tiao" expeditions (12 persons in the car, farang will pay for everything on the way) and ended up stopping to visit some of those countless horrors that Thais find exciting, I'm talking of concrete statues of crocodiles or monkeys or whatever else you can find along the roads. Needless to say, I learnt a long time ago how to avoid it...

Reminds me also, years ago I was taking Thai classes in Bangkok. The discussion came one day to the most famous cities in Europe. My teacher, a woman in her 30's, asked me how old they were.  I told her that cities like Rome or Athens were at least 2,500 years old. She suddenly realised that there is absolutely nothing in Thailand that measures up. The look of astonishment and disillusion on her face!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

"

...or not beeing asymptomatic is his option to save money, depending on what insurance he has.