Thailand Pass changes in the pipeline?

samtam

5 hours ago, jackdd said:

No change, afaik they never said that you need insurance for the duration that you will be stamped in, this was just an interpretation of it by some people.

This is the problem. A complete lack of clarity, and the ability of the embassy or consulate where you are submitting your TP to make an ad hoc decision.

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

Unfortunately, the director general is not the one who is approving the Thai pass personally. .  So unless he officially directed the people to accept a 30 day insurance it is all just talk. I have never seen a more disorganised  process in my life. , 14 days in it and we still don't have a clear picture of what they want. 

As Samtam said " As many have suggested, until this is sorted out, it's best to avoid any incoming visit unless necessary. " . 

out  

This is the problem. A complete lack of clarity, and the ability of the embassy or consulate where you are submitting your TP to make an ad hoc decision.

3 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Everything he is saying is like hearsay right now if you have an extension to stay for 12 months and you leave the country and say you have 11 months left on your extensions day do you need to have insurance for 11 months the time left on your Visa or can you just get the insurance for 30 days there’s a very big difference in the cost TIT

The same applies regarding the PCR test. The "no quarantine" "Test & Go" is catchy, but completely dishonest. At best 24 hours in quarantine, awaiting test result, but in many cases 48 hours, (or at least 2 nights of hotel charges).

On 11/11/2021 at 3:33 PM, Galong said:

Yes, I imagine there are quite a few elderly folks who gladly take good care of their Thai family. It makes no sense to 'potentially' destroy them over absurd insurance prices. If they can show that they can/have/will cover their medical bills, that should be sufficient.  Not every foreigner lives in an expensive are or goes to high-end medical facilities.  I hope they have a bit of compassion for these folks. ????

Compassion and this unelected soldier posing as a PM are just not compatible.

7 hours ago, AliG said:

1. Insurance is required for people on 1 year visa.

2. Your insurance will have to be valid for the period of your extension. My health insurance runs out on the 14th February but I got

it extended to 03rd April is which is the date my retirement extension is renewed.

3. Yes it has to cover Covid, I asked my insurance company for a letter stating that fact which satisfied the requirement and it was accepted

in my Thailand Pass application

I was thinking of doing a short trip out of Thailand and then come back a few weeks later.

Where can I buy this health insurance while I am still in Thailand to prepare for my trip?

Which health insurance do you recommend that will not be expensive but cover all the imm. requirements?

Edited by EricTh

12 hours ago, EricTh said:

I was thinking of doing a short trip out of Thailand and then come back a few weeks later.

Where can I buy this health insurance while I am still in Thailand to prepare for my trip?

Which health insurance do you recommend that will not be expensive but cover all the imm. requirements?

I used my existing insurance. Search in Google for mr prakan they have several insurance policies that will cover what you need 

5 hours ago, AliG said:

I used my existing insurance. Search in Google for mr prakan they have several insurance policies that will cover what you need 

How is Mr Prakan compared to other insurance companies in Thailand?

18 hours ago, EricTh said:

Wouldn't it be better to go direct instead of going through a broker?

Up to you, the broker gives you an insight in to the likely cost of insurance then you can accept his quote or try going direct to the insurance company

Regarding the Insurance coverage, we have 2 choices

1.       Simply get an insurance in name only that will be approved for entry to LOS, this insurance will be of no real use apart from getting you in, I got one such insurance last 2020-21 it cost 11,500 baht for 12 months COVID coverage where the deductible was 300,000, so it wasn’t of any real use apart from getting me into the country.

2.       Get a proper Insurance that will actually cover you any ANY COVID costs if and when you return to LOS, the expected costs “could’ be close contact quarantine costs where you have tested negative but are forced to quarantine facility because of being in close contact, this expense needs to be specifically mentioned in your policy as many polices only cover if YOU have tested positive ONLY.

BAD example of NON negative - Close contact cover" 

If you’re diagnosed with COVID-19 whilst you’re away from your home country, we’ll take care of your medical expenses and quarantine costs. Please note you will not be covered for the cost of PCR tests.

Please refer to the terms and conditions below.

No. You would not be covered as you have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 in this case.

Heres's a GOOD example With ETIHAD Airlines

One member of our group has tested COVID-19 positive and the authorities have asked us to quarantine as a result. Am I covered?

up-arrow.svg
  • Yes, we will provide 100 euros per insured person for each full day you have to spend in quarantine up to a maximum of 14 days.

We cover quarantine expenses for compulsory isolation under legal requirement issued by the local government authority as a result of being identified as a carrier of COVID-19 or being in close contact with confirmed cases of COVID-19.

Edited by bolt