Thailand's Health Minister denied entry to Switzerland for WHO meet after vax with Sinovac

webfact

Well this is also showing the stubbornness of EU, where double or triple vaccinated people cannot get in if they did not get the "EU kind of approved" vaccine (no Sinovac, Sinopharm, Sputnik, India and Thai AZ). All politics too.

I admit, I grinned when I read this. But, reality is a bitch. The WHO approved Sinovac in June. Why aren't the Swiss accepting that?

Errr. Why not?

Which COVID-19 vaccines allow entry to Switzerland?

People who have received one of the following vaccines can enter Switzerland:

• Pfizer/BioNTech (BNT162b2 / Comirnaty® / Tozinameran)
  • Moderna (mRNA-1273 / Spikevax / COVID-19 vaccine Moderna)
  • AstraZeneca (AZD1222 Vaxzevria®/ Covishield™)
  • Janssen / Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
  • Sinopharm / BIBP (SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine (Vero Cell))
  • Sinovac (CoronaVac)
  • COVAXIN®

People who have been vaccinated with two different vaccines are considered to be fully vaccinated if:

• the vaccines used have been approved by the authorities in Switzerland (Swissmedic) and the EU (EMA) or are on the WHO emergency use list and
  • they were administered in accordance with the regulations or recommendations of the state in which the vaccination took place.

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html#231667184

1 minute ago, Scott Tracy said:

I admit, I grinned when I read this. But, reality is a bitch. The WHO approved Sinovac in June. Why aren't the Swiss accepting that?

Errr. Why not?

Which COVID-19 vaccines allow entry to Switzerland?

People who have received one of the following vaccines can enter Switzerland:

• Pfizer/BioNTech (BNT162b2 / Comirnaty® / Tozinameran)
  • Moderna (mRNA-1273 / Spikevax / COVID-19 vaccine Moderna)
  • AstraZeneca (AZD1222 Vaxzevria®/ Covishield™)
  • Janssen / Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
  • Sinopharm / BIBP (SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine (Vero Cell))
  • Sinovac (CoronaVac)
  • COVAXIN®

People who have been vaccinated with two different vaccines are considered to be fully vaccinated if:

• the vaccines used have been approved by the authorities in Switzerland (Swissmedic) and the EU (EMA) or are on the WHO emergency use list and
  • they were administered in accordance with the regulations or recommendations of the state in which the vaccination took place.

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html#231667184

If what you linked and showed is true, why was the good Minister rejected and sent packing? after all he was double jabbed with Sinovac and had an AZ booster....

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

If what you linked and showed is true, why was the good Minister rejected and sent packing? after all he was double jabbed with Sinovac and had an AZ booster....

I am guessing, regardless of the OP, that the problem might lay with his diplomatic passport to which, as Deputy PM, he is certainly entitled.

1 hour ago, ed strong said:

Who decides how many shots to be fully vaccinated?

3 shots but must be in a certain order?

This whole thing has been 85% theater and the cracks are showing, what a mess.

More an experiment into the unknown .

I as a simple person can not be too judgmental on the vaccination effort .

Like a refuse collector , pick it up as we go along .

Well you would think that two weeks prior he would know he needed a compliant jab.  Then he could attend perhaps an important meeting.  But I guess not.  Perhaps two weeks  forward is a bit complex.  And this is the problem of the entire vaccination plan.  Spontaneous.  Haphazard.  And not even remotely based on reality.  The good news is the meeting is far better off without him.  You know all the farangs are min mak!

3 minutes ago, koratkarlos said:

Well you would think that two weeks prior he would know he needed a compliant jab.  Then he could attend perhaps an important meeting.  But I guess not.  Perhaps two weeks  forward is a bit complex.  And this is the problem of the entire vaccination plan.  Spontaneous.  Haphazard.  And not even remotely based on reality.  The good news is the meeting is far better off without him.  You know all the farangs are min mak!

Some Thais I know only make plans the night before and try to book then. Some just wing it and head to the airport and try to get on a flight to where they want and then on a wing and a prayer hope they get a flight and a hotel.  However, that was before Covid for the most part.  Sure they are not doing that now.....lol