Status on the e-visa system, is it still broken ?

So,

After days and days waiting for my visa and harassing the embassy they called me 2 days ago saying that their e-visa system was broken (they couldn't access the system) and it will maybe be fixed today (well, guess what ...!?)

I've had confirmation from people in another thread (LA consulate said the same) so i think it might be a global issue and not just with the Thai Embassy in Paris like i first thought.

Anyone has some updates about it ? Any chance that the system will really be working again on Monday ?

Did anyone manage to have a e-visa delivered that week ?

Edited by Pepper9187

21 minutes ago, baboon said:

Out of interest, is the evisa system in France written in French?

It's not really in France. You are taken to MoFA site to register. That's all in English last time I looked. Have to say I've been wondering about the acceptability of French language documents for this and for the Thailand Pass.

9 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

It's not really in France. You are taken to MoFA site to register. That's all in English last time I looked. Have to say I've been wondering about the acceptability of French language documents for this and for the Thailand Pass.

Sorry, I am a little slow today. So if you are a non English speaking French(wo)man, you would have real difficulty in applying?

2 minutes ago, CFCjeff said:

Didnt want to start a new thread, but in relation to an e visa , do you need to book a flight before you apply for a 90 day non O  ?

Thanks in advance for any replies

They want flight details such as BA9, arriving on... However I very much doubt they could or will hold you to that flight. However the Thailand Pass will, I believe. 

18 minutes ago, baboon said:

Sorry, I am a little slow today. So if you are a non English speaking French(wo)man, you would have real difficulty in applying?

There is only one global website in English, the requests made there are then redirected to the local embassy of the requester.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JonMac said:

London: my wife's visa, application Nov 11, was approved Nov 12.

Mine, application Nov 4, is still being processed.

Mental, isn't it? I applied on the 6th. They had no problems taking my money, mind you...

2 minutes ago, AlbionBob said:

You're not alone.  My application went in 5 November - still waiting.  Starting to panic, as flight at end of month and haven't even started on the Pass.  Can I start on that, or do I have to wait for visa confirmation ? 

Applied on 3rd November, still nothing.

Leaving on monday, i tried to book a airasia flight out of Thailand within 29 days so that i the immigration leaves me alone and gives me a 30 days exemption but i couldn't find any flight (covid).

Gonna have to shorten my original flight and extend it later, holy *** that's annoying i've already amended all my bookings +1 week because they did not deliver me the visa on time, i'm not doing it again, BANZAI

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, AlbionBob said:

You're not alone.  My application went in 5 November - still waiting.  Starting to panic, as flight at end of month and haven't even started on the Pass.  Can I start on that, or do I have to wait for visa confirmation ? 

Yes, I am 90% sure you can start on the pass anyway. Remember that people are entering visa exempt so the two are separate entities. However hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will be able to set you straight shortly.

2 hours ago, jpresto said:

I applied for a TR e-visa the 2nd of November (from France like you), and still no news...

Welcome to the club, applied on the 3rd.

The Thai embassy in Paris is a joke, if there's already somebody on the line it just hangs up on you (no ringtone), there's no double call / queue, you need to keep trying and trying and trying until they hang up and THEN eventually you will maybe, possibly, talk to someone.

+ the visa service is only opened between like 3 and 5PM, good luck with that

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The embassy in the US has this which seem to state it should be back to normal now.

image.png.878598f869cc8458d5cb51845d13e564.png

I've been reporting the 15 day minimum time all week from LA consulate. It was there before in slightly different words. No real change. 15 working days minimum is insane for a 60 day tourist visa.  Now you have the honor to contact then after waiting 3 1/2 weeks!  I wonder what they do with these requests after waiting so long?  Anyone have a real report?

Edited by alex8912

4 hours ago, alex8912 said:

I've been reporting the 15 day minimum time all week from LA consulate. It was there before in slightly different words. No real change. 15 working days minimum is insane for a 60 day tourist visa.  Now you have the honor to contact then after waiting 3 1/2 weeks!  I wonder what they do with these requests after waiting so long?  Anyone have a real report?

I think the 15 days is more of estimate than a fixed number. I can recall people getting them quicker than that.

I think it can also depend upon the type of visa your are applying for.

• Like 1