Sinovac not inferior: Anutin

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, Jerno said:

Is he retarded or just plain stupid?  Sheesh!

as well as uniformed and unable to even have the science explained to him it seems .

Perhaps if the advisors use words of two syllables or less, kit may assist in  his understanding and comprehension 

3 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Not inferior in Thailands' view.....just rejected by the western world!

No they are not. And the so called western world is not always right.

The whole issue hacks me off no end. If a UN body approved the vaccine, why the <deleted> can't countries run with it? Why do they have to be different? What's the point of a WHO approval?

It's pathetic and puerile.

Kindest regards, Grumpy Old Man...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Because of this, Thailand may now be forced to rethink its vaccination strategy, he conceded. 

He added that people who have been vaccinated with Sinovac and Sinopharm may need to get an additional mRNA vaccine if they need to travel overseas. 

I wonder if this means I may yet receive both Moderna jabs I pre-paid for. I got a Sinovac I didn't want so I could get an AstraZeneca. When I went to Lanna hospital I was informed that one Moderna is all that I will get because of their policy. I asked about a booster shot because of my age and diabetes. One Moderna is your booster shot I was told. Many countries will not allow travelers to enter with that mix. Give me what I paid for is all I ask.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gearbox said:

If there is a wide choice of vaccines and people have choice, distribution probably could be similar to EU:

* between 80-90% choose Pfizer/Biontech

* up to 10% choose Moderna, for some reason doesn't seem to be marketed well there

Interesting... the recent trend lines in vaccinations for the E.U. and the U.S. appear to show Pfizer pulling well ahead of Moderna in terms of total shots given, and broadening its lead in those two regions.

Screenshot_15.jpg.9cf4fc19c4693637eedaeb90fa2846fc.jpg

Screenshot_16.jpg.76d2e7aef79e2b1ea92c646a680c1dd8.jpg

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covid-vaccine-doses-by-manufacturer?country=~USA

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Interesting... the recent trend lines in vaccinations for the E.U. and the U.S. appear to show Pfizer pulling well ahead of Moderna in terms of total shots given, and broadening its lead in those two regions.

Screenshot_15.jpg.9cf4fc19c4693637eedaeb90fa2846fc.jpg

Screenshot_16.jpg.76d2e7aef79e2b1ea92c646a680c1dd8.jpg

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covid-vaccine-doses-by-manufacturer?country=~USA

Moderna's manufacturing capability is far less than Pfizer's and Biontech's.

1 hour ago, itsari said:

As much as I dislike the health minister for his comments about the cleanliness of Caucasians  I must look at what the man has to say .

Like the man said , the Chinese vaccines have saved lives . 

Many people posting incorrect information about the Chinese vaccines . Why ? Just plain bigotry most of the time .

I'm not a doctor or a scientist, don't know or care about Sinovac or Sinopharm. What I do care about is being allowed to travel to Canada sometime in the future. My home country does not recognize those vaccines, I can have a mix, but those two didn't make the team. Send them to the bench and insert the good stuff.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

The vaccine has been subject to repeated clinical trials outside of China. In Brazil 95% of the adult population of a small city was vaccinated. 

Brazilian town experiment shows mass vaccination can wipe out COVID-19

A small commuter town surrounded by sugarcane fields in southeastern Brazil, one of the countries hardest hit by COVID-19, has shown that even a vaccine that had low efficacy in some clinical trials can dramatically control the pandemic virus.

As part of an unusual experiment to track the real-world effectiveness of CoronaVac, a COVID-19 vaccine made by a Chinese company, almost all adult residents of Serrana, in the state of São Paulo, received the required two shots between February and April, long before most would otherwise have become eligible for the vaccine...Symptomatic cases of COVID-19 have dropped by 80% since the start of mass vaccination, related hospitalizations fell 86%, and deaths plummeted 95%, the research team in charge of the experiment reported during a press conference yesterday.

https://www.science.org/content/article/brazilian-town-experiment-shows-mass-vaccination-can-wipe-out-covid-19

This was before the advent of Delta. So that is a qualification. 

As for your career in China, were you working there as epidemiologist or a virologist? If not, who cares about your employment or marital record? It is to laugh

Don’t bother, they don’t care and they aren’t listening.

They just want to shout “Sinovac is <deleted>” and “China is bad” like kids on the school yard. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ramrod711 said:

I'm not a doctor or a scientist, don't know or care about Sinovac or Sinopharm. What I do care about is being allowed to travel to Canada sometime in the future. My home country does not recognize those vaccines, I can have a mix, but those two didn't make the team. Send them to the bench and insert the good stuff.

They probably will recognize them very soon. US and UK recognized them this week. There is no real reason not to recognize them 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

As per the link in the main article: He would have been allowed to enter Switzerland and THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN NO QUARANTINE for him. 

HOWEVER: With the vaccine combination he has, he would not have gotten a Swiss Covid certificate, for which every visitor to Switzerland can apply by showing his/her vaccination status. EU certificates are also accepted, but obviously not the Thai certificates (why might that be???). This certificate he would need to enter buildings or do activities such as :

- go check his Swiss bank accounts

- enter restaurants to go eat and drink

- go into any red light establishment and bars 

- go skiing in any mountain resort

So he might have been able to attend a UN event, but he probably did not want to go there in the first place...

So this is the explanation of the vague reference in the OP post between Anutin's vaccine history supposedly actually would have allowed him to enter the country...

But, without the additional Swiss COVID certificate that he would NOT have been eligible to receive, he would have been limited in terms of where he could go and what he could do there.

This part surely would have been the killer issue:

- go into any red light establishment and bars 

12 minutes ago, keithkarmann said:

I have noticed that during my time in Thailand that the people have difficulty admitting that they have made a mistake. That us why "its up to you" is one of the favorite sayings here. 

It’s much worse than that even. Too many on here will accuse you of being an ‘anti-vaxxer’, if you dare claim it should be a matter of choice. 

I would encourage anyone who wants vaccination to get vaccinated.

Personally, I have no desire to whatsoever. If that makes me an ‘anti-vaxxer’ then so be it.

What I find pathetic is how some people act like getting jabbed is some ‘badge of honor’. I wonder will they still feel that way when they reach booster number 9 or 10? ????????????

Just now, WinterGael said:

This is just more Sinophobia on the part of western nations.  The Chinese vaccines are not inferior.  Just look at countries using mRNA vaccines and the rate of infection of fully vaccinated. 

To date, Chinese vaccines are showing an efficacy of around 60%.  Pfizer and Moderna are not much better in real world studies.  In some studies, Pfizer has been as poor as 47%.  But this isn't about efficacy, its all about point of origin.

Personally,  I have always checked the vaccine available and rejected the mRNA vaccines.  Why?  Because there are concerns that these vaccines could have long term negative effects.

There seem to be 2 classes of extremists in regards to the Chinese vaccines. One claims them to be worthless or nearly so, and the other claims them to be equal to or better than the leading vaccines from the west.

Sinovac's COVID shot highly effective against serious illness- Malaysia study

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/sinovacs-covid-shot-highly-effective-against-serious-illness-malaysia-study-2021-09-24/

This study confirmed that Sinovac was highly effective but not as effective as the Pfizer vaccine. Malaysia has discontued using Sinovac.

There are no current studies that I am aware of the confirm that Sinovac or Sinopharm are as effective as the mRNA vaccines.

As for long term consequences. this is the kind of nonsense bruited about by, among others, Chinese govt. media sources. I expect that will go away once mRNA vaccines or protein basedd vaccines from China hit the market.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DBath said:

It’s much worse than that even. Too many on here will accuse you of being an ‘anti-vaxxer’, if you dare claim it should be a matter of choice. 

Personally, I have no desire to whatsoever. If that makes me an ‘anti-vaxxer’ then so be it.

What I find pathetic is how some people act like getting jabbed is some ‘badge of honor’. I wonder will they still feel that way when they reach booster number 9 or 10? ????????????

I wonder if you will still feel that way if you are on a ventilator, unable to get enough oxygen to live? 

what have the number of boosters got to do with anything? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DBath said:

What I find pathetic is how some people justify their selfishness by claiming acting selfishly is their right.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I think he reads the Beano... does that count?

What I find astounding is that ANYONE here would get behind this guy and support his position as he’s breaking wind in their face. 

It’s just blatant and textbook bias. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WinterGael said:

Personally,  I have always checked the vaccine available and rejected the mRNA vaccines.  Why?  Because there are concerns that these vaccines could have long term negative effects.

If you are taking account of those concerns then I would hope you've had a look at them to see if there is a genuine basis for being concerned.

So perhaps you could tell us what you found to be the biological mechanism that would cause such long term adverse effects?