The Great Pattaya Sausage Hunt - looking for a decent pork sausage.

Gsxrnz

On 11/14/2021 at 1:57 PM, Isan Farang said:

Yeah man! I bought a pack from Buriram Pie Man the other day, they were great. Smooth and processed, just like Tesco sausages from back home. I dont know why people are suggesting Makro Cumberland, they always have bits of pigs a$$ holes and gristle in them.

The only thing I didnt like was 5x in a pack, eating 3 big guys was too much. 

My next purchase is a consignment from Sausage King, https://sausagekingone.com

On 11/14/2021 at 1:58 PM, Gsxrnz said:

Thanks - been there, done that.

And .. didnt you like them?

Edited by recom273

Go to Friendship  supermarket   in South Pattaya  they have a Pork Sausage  among   many other sausages there,     the one i talk about is the only one tied with fine string , better tasting  than any sausage i have tried anyplace, but 50b  each ish

• Like 1

I just went to Friendship and got the last five of those sausage packs, 350 a kilo. They are labelled Be lucky so probably a bit cheaper there. Frequent restocking.  Great with pancakes, other breakfasts, and good with potatoes etc etc at night.

On 11/15/2021 at 6:12 PM, thailand49 said:

I'm not expert by any means but there is a place on the Darkside,  Top of Soi Khao Talo around the right bend pass the Caster Gym?  I see a lot of foreigners inside been there a few times they have freezers full of all types place is called Siam Puru something like that?

I like the ones at FoodLand on Pattaya Klang particularly the Dixies?

Good luck

Lol Siam Puru. Its Siamburis a copy of the UK supermarket name Sainsburys. Similar logo aa well

• Like 1

Something like this ? ,....Latest prices ......but not here but at Tesco U.K.   ...........a teaser ????

(Open pict. in right click in  new tab and you can enlarge reading the price and details  labels very clear )

lOAHB74.jpg

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

Thanks to all the posters and their recommendations.  I've tried almost all of them with the exception of three so my sausage hunt begins today.

If all else fails I'll import my favorites from NZ.  Probably cost 1,000B per snag but I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms so the hell with the cost.

Cheers.

Edited by Gsxrnz

Two Brits were lost, walking in the wilderness for 3 days. They were starving with the hunger. Next thing, they spotted a tree. It was full with Sausages and Bacon hanging from every branch and twig.

They couldn't believe their luck and ran as fast as they could. As they got close machine gun fire rang out and they were riddled with bullets..........................

It was a Ham Bush.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

Thanks to all the posters and their recommendations.  I've tried almost all of them with the exception of three so my sausage hunt begins today.

If all else fails I'll import my favorites from NZ.  Probably cost 1,000B per snag but I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms so the hell with the cost.

Cheers.

The Deli Factory have started making their own using real casings & mincing their own pork with no filler.

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2021 at 9:13 AM, possum1931 said:

Makro, their pork, not Cumberland sausages, are quite good, but not as good as the Richmond ones in the UK.

Walked along makro sukhumvit alleys yesterday but did not see any pork sausages in frozer pork section. Any idea where they keep them? 

2 minutes ago, mran66 said:

Walked along makro sukhumvit alleys yesterday but did not see any pork sausages in frozer pork section. Any idea where they keep them? 

I have also went to the frozen Park section and not seen them, on more than one occasion, I have had to ask an assistant where they are and been taken to another section to get them. Makro can be bad for this sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mran66 said:

They move stuff around, and sausages are not usually in with frozen pork, try over near the yogurt fridge on the end of the aisle

• Thanks 2

On 11/16/2021 at 5:40 PM, NewGuy said:

I just went to Friendship and got the last five of those sausage packs, 350 a kilo. They are labelled Be lucky so probably a bit cheaper there. Frequent restocking.  Great with pancakes, other breakfasts, and good with potatoes etc etc at night.

Y es Belucky  i could' nt think of the name .. Belucky a   shop   in Naklua road   have' nt been there for  a few years, they do  Turkeys too or they used to do 

Yesterday I was in Makro in Kamphaeng Phet and there was a whole freezer full of various types of frozen sausages.

I chose 4 Cumberland sausages made by TGM.

400 grams for 4 sausages and cost 169 baht.

I won't know what they taste like until Sunday or Monday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, big dendrobenaes said:

my reply should read MANSTONS.....

The fella behind Manstons has a nice little bar in Bang Saray in a side soi just before the La Taverna restaurant (also very good).

A new bar called the Bang Saray Tavern has also opened on the same soi & seems popular with fellas drinking copious mugs of tea & coffee lately.

All that caffeine will make it difficult to get a decent nights kip surely

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SidJames said:

The fella behind Manstons has a nice little bar in Bang Saray in a side soi just before the La Taverna restaurant (also very good).

A new bar called the Bang Saray Tavern has also opened on the same soi & seems popular with fellas drinking copious mugs of tea & coffee lately.

All that caffeine will make it difficult to get a decent nights kip surely

i know the guy behind manstons....known him many years....his partner in the business is called MARTIN !!!!

On 11/14/2021 at 6:02 PM, mighty said:

I can highly recommend Meat Stuff on Soi 8 Theprassit. On the left if travelling from Theprassit towards Caddy Shack, in a soi by big 7/11. Pork sausages, bacon are superb, with no additives.

i 2nd that, 

Meat Stuff on 0954563421