The Great Pattaya Sausage Hunt - looking for a decent pork sausage.

Gsxrnz

14 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

That's one I must have missed - I'll introduce some to my frying pan. Cheers.

Not all branches of Makro have them and stock can be patchy (we top up our freezer when they have them) so you may have to hunt around.

• Like 1

Hello,

I buy sausages from the Italian shop on Sukhumvit Tom s Lasanya...Shop is after Makro going in direction of Lotus.. Green shop.. just after a green direction hanging board..

They are home made but sold frozen..he has 2 types.. tasty and without too much fat.

The best I found here..

Have a nice day

On 11/14/2021 at 2:18 PM, Gsxrnz said:

I make my own sausage rolls and thought about having a crack at a basic sausage.

It takes a few attempts to get it right but you will eventually get all the ingredients etc dialed in.  You might consider buying your casings and spices back home.  If you go this way, invest in a decent meat grinder and be sure to chill the parts before you do the grind.  Also, you can start to make some of your own exotic flavor variations

2 hours ago, domdom said:

Hello,

I buy sausages from the Italian shop on Sukhumvit Tom s Lasanya...Shop is after Makro going in direction of Lotus.. Green shop.. just after a green direction hanging board..

They are home made but sold frozen..he has 2 types.. tasty and without too much fat.

The best I found here..

Have a nice day

Italian sausages are usually excellent, but they aren't what a Brit would be looking for to go with his bacon & eggs breakfast.  They're made for other types of meal.

On 11/14/2021 at 4:23 PM, Crossy said:

Yeah, we like the Makro ones too, more than adequate if you can't be a***d to make your own (we used to).

To be honest "fussy" and "sausage" don't really belong in the same sentence considering what actualy goes in most of them.

Now bacon (and ham) really is something worth curing yourself.

And I have just finished my first cured Bacon from your Recipe Crossy

Couldnt agree with you more on the Home Cure route .

Excellent - Thank you for the tip

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cake Monster said:

And I have just finished my first cured Bacon from your Recipe Crossy

Couldnt agree with you more on the Home Cure route .

Excellent - Thank you for the tip

Not "my" recipe, I just pointed at it as a ruddy good and simple route to delicious bacon ???? 

Must start another lot and some more ham.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Not "my" recipe, I just pointed at it as a ruddy good and simple route to delicious bacon ???? 

Must start another lot and some more ham.

I called it your recipe because thats how I found out about curing my own Bacon.

Ham is next for me as the Thai stuff is dire.

Then its an experiment with smoked bacon.

Can find a powder to do this at the same source as the cure powder.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Then its an experiment with smoked bacon.

Can find a powder to do this at the same source as the cure powder.

Look for "liquid smoke", I'm not a great lover of smoked but there are others posting on this thread that know the sources and method.

Try "Pauline's Ham in a Bag" as a first shot, pretty mildly flavoured, you can experiment with stronger flavourings of course.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

Italian sausages are usually excellent, but they aren't what a Brit would be looking for to go with his bacon & eggs breakfast.  They're made for other types of meal.

You re right..I had not thought of it for breakfast.. For breakfast Foodland has a good choice according to me.

Good evening !

On 11/14/2021 at 4:10 PM, barry553 said:

A 1kg bag of frozen pork sausages from Makro. I don't know the brand name but they have a white sticker on the them and are 210 baht. If you don't like these you are far fussier than I am and I am fussy about sausages,

I like those too, and their Cumberland aren't bad either. A bit bland, but okay. Decades ago I remember Walls in the UK test-marketed bacon sausages and they were great. Didn't get into the market though.

Scrolling back through this, I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Sloane's in Bangkok.  Terrific quality products.  They do deliveries, but also Villa and Tops in my area now has a limited range of Sloane's sausages.

https://www.sloanes.co.th/product-category/sausages/

The Lincolnshire are very good, but hey -- if you're that big into sausages then try them all!

I like many of Sloane's other products that I've tried too. 

I'm not expert by any means but there is a place on the Darkside,  Top of Soi Khao Talo around the right bend pass the Caster Gym?  I see a lot of foreigners inside been there a few times they have freezers full of all types place is called Siam Puru something like that?

I like the ones at FoodLand on Pattaya Klang particularly the Dixies?

Good luck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

I'm not expert by any means but there is a place on the Darkside,  Top of Soi Khao Talo around the right bend pass the Caster Gym?  I see a lot of foreigners inside been there a few times they have freezers full of all types place is called Siam Puru something like that?

I like the ones at FoodLand on Pattaya Klang particularly the Dixies?

Good luck

Siamsburys.

It's a play on words as there is a very big supermarket chain in the UK called Sainsburys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, lesmac said:

I like yorkies and you can get Richmond in Villa

Villa also sell bags of frozen Iceland British made sausages for what works out to be reasonable prices. They taste good but a bit too much fat seeps out during cooking for my liking