Visa runs to Phnom Penh may become just feasible next month

17 minutes ago, BusyB said:

A couple of long-term friends in LOS have warned me and it's quite obvious when you can't even get a seafood pad thai on the beach and a foot massage for desert.

Not sure from when that info is, but as of now, you can get both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, david555 said:

A little side matter ,

but i saw just this afternoon around 4 clock a blue bus like the Pattaya airport bus heading in the Theprasit go slow direction Sukhumvit .....

Could be they also resume routes 

Yes, buses started back again on the 1st of November, 4 times a day at the moment. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

Pre covid, very easy
Borders are NOT yet open either way.
I dont expect that to happen till feb at earliest>
pre covid, the thai embassy would issue max 4 tourist visas in ones passport
2 land visa exempt entries/calendar year

I meant what will be border entry requirements in future? 

Pre covid is ancient history.

Border entry could involve quarantine. 

Tourist Visa from PP can even take longer than 3 days.

Some consulates had a cap of 2 tourist visas. 

Thinking very cheap return flight to say Saigon with overnight tourist visa at the consulate and a chill at Bui Vien street a distant memory. 

Will be some time before those times are back.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BusyB said:

I see what you mean and do understand. I am quite braced for the place being t o t a l l y different, and suspect it'll require some adaptation. A couple of long-term friends in LOS have warned me and it's quite obvious when you can't even get a seafood pad thai on the beach and a foot massage for desert. But at least the beach is still there. And a couple of friends.

The food, the weather, and a few other constants will also still be there.

Having thought about this a short while though, I also think Cambodia will be swamped with all the travelers who can't be bothered with Thai Pass this year. So it could easily get a little crowded. If I was a UK/EU travel agent I'd be pushing it like mad.

I normally avoid prognoses (and those who purvey them) but I'd wager that if that happens then Thai Pass will be history by January, especially with the low number of arriving infected travellers.

Who ever is telling you that your not allowed eat on the beach is telling you Fairy tales 

5 hours ago, zzzzz said:

dont forget the pcr test before you leave thailand, rapid test on arrival in Cambodia and another pcr test to return to Thailand

AND according to travelers that arrived in Cambodia yesterday, Forte covid insurance still required, ( min 20 days $90) for entry an than you need insurance for thailand as well

Do you have link to this? I have been looking for reports from people entering Cambodia since the new announcements (I have to go there next month)

22 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

However entry by land back into Thailand still not possible  AFAIK

Thanks Sheryl, it is confusing.  If a person is on a one way passage into Cambodia then there should be no problems but if that person wants to return to Thailand then problems. However, I believe Thailand is opening limited border crossings for 300,000 legal migrant workers so perhaps it could be possible some way or another - agents?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

Who ever is telling you that your not allowed eat on the beach is telling you Fairy tales 

I don't know where you are but the latest Line video contact I had (last week) with someone who was on Hua Hin beach, the place was deserted no vendors ... don't know what the situation is elsewhere. Anyway there are plenty of other places. to eat everywhere ... it ain't a deal breaker, but as Jack45 said - the place is different, and that on top of the changes I've seen since my first trip 18 years ago, when there was still a whiff of the 'old times' around.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Do you have link to this? I have been looking for reports from people entering Cambodia since the new announcements (I have to go there next month)

https://www.mfaic.gov.kh/covid-19

seems forte is NOT required,  https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50971828/covid-health-insurance-no-longer-needed-for-travellers-to-cambodia
but might wait a few days for airlines to know this  ????

from a reliable source:

FYI:

land borders ONLY open with advance special permission ( like needing to travel by road to Bangkok Hospital) and for some migrant workers but for sure NO westerners.

Edited by zzzzz
  • Thanks 1

Just now, zzzzz said:

https://www.mfaic.gov.kh/covid-19

seems forte is NOT required,  https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50971828/covid-health-insurance-no-longer-needed-for-travellers-to-cambodia
but might wait a few days for airlines to know this  ????

FYI:

land borders ONLY open with advance special permission ( like needing to travel by road to Bangkok Hospital) and for some migrant workers but for sure NO westerners.

Thanks

Not open for migrants yet (entering Thailand that is, may be open for them to return to Cambodia - actually they a;ways could do that but with quarantine).  Supposed to open for migrants next month

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

Thanks Sheryl, it is confusing.  If a person is on a one way passage into Cambodia then there should be no problems but if that person wants to return to Thailand then problems. However, I believe Thailand is opening limited border crossings for 300,000 legal migrant workers so perhaps it could be possible some way or another - agents?????

The opening to migrants is nto yet and likely limited to migrants..even if not would be full quarantine for a foreigner entering this way. They need to fly back to Thailand complete with all the Thailand Pass rigamorole which, being in the process of doing it for someone, let me assure you is a major hassle

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2021 at 11:48 PM, DrJack54 said:

Thinking you would need to be pretty desperate.

Bangkok airways are generally expensive. 

Obtaining a tourist visa in PP best suited to using an agent (not essential) 

Personally I'm thinking the border bounce and obtaining an overnight tourist visa won't really be an option until a land border opens. Laos would be great option if/when.

When that happens is anyone's guess. 

You can get a return ticket BKK > PNH for under 5,000 baht. You'd have to be crazy to want to start using the land borders at this moment in time.

Capture.JPG.f10c237341f48afcd33c854fa05324f9.JPG

• Thanks 1

The removal of the forte insurance is most welcome.

On 11/16/2021 at 5:34 AM, zzzzz said:

Pre covid, very easy
Borders are NOT yet open either way.
I dont expect that to happen till feb at earliest>
pre covid, the thai embassy would issue max 4 tourist visas in ones passport
2 land visa exempt entries/calendar year

dont forget the pcr test before you leave thailand, rapid test on arrival in Cambodia and another pcr test to return to Thailand

AND according to travelers that arrived in Cambodia yesterday, Forte covid insurance still required, ( min 20 days $90) for entry an than you need insurance for thailand as well

Visa via agent was around $45 and 3 days turnaround time

Is 4 tourist visa from that specific embassy or all?, what would happen if you have had many but none from cambodia?

$45 includes the embassy fee as well? Which agent did you use?

This is from the Royal Thai Embassy, Phnom Penh, Cambodia:

https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/steps-to-take-for-traveling-to-thailand-as-a-foreigner

STEPS TO TAKE FOR TRAVELING TO THAILAND AS A FOREIGNER

Steps to Take for Traveling to Thailand as a Foreigner

*** The information provided here is updated regularly and therefore subject to change without prior notice ***

1. Apply for Your Visa

If you need a visa (some people do not, see here), you must apply for an appropriate visa at the Royal Thai Embassy. You can attend in person or use an agent. Visa applications received by mail – electronic or postal – will be rejected. The documents required are provided in the list below.

09:00–10:00 AM     document submission (no appointment required)
          02:00–03:00 PM     visa collection (*Please allow 1-3 working days for visa processing.)

Kindly note that persons of all nationalities can apply for a visa at the Royal Thai Embassy. However, there are additional documents that nationals of some countries need to provide and/or procedures to follow in order to receive approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand, which takes at least 1 month. Please see here (click).

You can download a visa application form here (click). Please see the details of each type of visa below:

- Tourist Visa (TR)
          - Special Tourist Visa (STV)
          - Visa on Arrival
          - Medical Tourist Visa (MT)
          - Non-Immigrant O Visa (Medical) * same as Medical Tourist Visa (MT) but the allowed stay in Thailand is 90 days maximum and the visa processing fee is 80 USD.

- Non-Immigrant O Visa (Thai Family)
          - Non-Immigrant O Visa (Retirement)
          - Non-Immigrant O-A Visa
          - Non-Immigrant O-X Visa
          - Non-Immigrant ED Visa (Student)
          - Non-Immigrant B Visa (Business, Work)

For visa inquiry, please call (+855) 23726307-8.

If you wish to come to Cambodia to apply for a Thai visa with the Royal Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh, please also take note of Cambodia's entry measures here (click).

2. Book Your Flight, Book Your Hotel, and Prepare Your Insurance

*** Land entry is not permissible, except for those who seek medical treatment and their accompanying people only. If you wish to do so, please contact your hospital from these lists (http://www.hsscovid.com/files/Alternative Hospital Quarantine.pdf and http://www.hsscovid.com/files/Alternative Hospital Quarantine2.pdf) to apply for a confirmation letter and an affidavit of support from the Department of Health Service Support, Ministry of Public Health of Thailand). You will apply for a visa and a COE with the Royal Thai Embassy. ***

Flight: All travelers will be allowed to enter Thailand by air. Flight options include chartering your own flight, traveling with a chartered flight organized by a travel agency (click), traveling with a commercial flight (some airlines have resumed their services between Thailand and Cambodia or via a third country, such as Singapore, South Korea, etc.).

Hotel: You must book a hotel (AQ or SHA+, check here) for a certain number of quarantine days depending on your scheme below. You can book on the following websites as well: https://www.agoda.com/quarantineTH https://asq.locanation.com/ https://asq.ascendtravel.com/ https://asqthailand.com/ and https://entrythailand.go.th/asq 

Table_of_Comparison.thumb.jpg.abb8957a3da694f23e146560da9ed39f.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, asiam110 said:

Is 4 tourist visa from that specific embassy or all?, what would happen if you have had many but none from cambodia?

I got turned down the first time I ever went to Cambodia. And that was even with the help of an agent (who very kindly refunded my money).

And they don't just turn you down... They put the visa sticker in your passport and mark it with a big "void without prejudice" stamp (which the agent kindly removed for me) 

What is the flaw in this plan:

I get PCR test in Thailand late on Day 15

Results come Day 16. I pick up test results paper late Day 16.

Fly to Phnom Penh day 17. Use PCR test to enter country.

Return to BKK Day 19, less than 72 hours after results of PCR test. Use test to return to Thailand.

so, can I get away with using the same test twice?

26 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Return to BKK Day 19, less than 72 hours after results of PCR test. Use test to return to Thailand.

so, can I get away with using the same test twice?

I am not sure that would be accepted. I am sure the will want one form the country where you are traveling from.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

I got turned down the first time I ever went to Cambodia. And that was even with the help of an agent (who very kindly refunded my money).

And they don't just turn you down... They put the visa sticker in your passport and mark it with a big "void without prejudice" stamp (which the agent kindly removed for me) 

Haha, sounds a great agent, mind DM me his name/shop, thanks!