Thailand becomes first foreign customer of AT-6 light-attack aircraft

webfact

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

I suggest that the Thai aircraft are delivered without the childish 'shark teeth' and instead substituted with a set of full red shiny lips......

Teeth scares away the attacking forces ... 

Snap of local Fairchild AU-23 Peacemaker coming if for landing

DSC02735.jpg

DSC06657-2.jpg

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

"to conduct a broad array of missions in support of border security as well as anti-smuggling, counternarcotics and anti-human trafficking operations."

A drone would be better suited to these roles as they could stay on task for longer, cheaper etc. 

13 hours ago, Thailand said:

Quite useful if the peasants are revolting.

Other than that lumbering boys toys.

Of course. 

The only reason why a military exist - to keep the uppity domestic population in order. 

Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ezzra said:

Better yet, good aircraft if you don't have enemies coz if you do, the AT-6 are no better than a crop duster...

Imagine when you graduate US Air Force  SUPT and get selected for the AT-6 program. Somebody's gotta  fly 'em.???? 

Edited by Captain Monday

Words fail me.... The Government doesn't have enough money to purchase good quality covid 19 vaccine, and relies on Donations from orher Countries,, but then  goes and purchase aircraft which are not fit for purpose.... 

Edited by Soikhaonoiken
Wrong spelling
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 4:06 AM, bluebluewater said:

Good if you want to fly low and slow . . . .

Sounds like the perfect aircraft to conduct a broad array of missions in support of border security as well as anti-smuggling, counternarcotics and anti-human trafficking operations.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, thaibook said:

Quite so.  My only question is why 8?  Unless Royal Thai Airforce has sublimely efficient maintenance and aircrew only six will be available at any time.  I would have thought two or three times the number so they can have groups of four (three available for flight) at various air fields would have been more sensible.  Now that TG is slimming down, or perhaps even evaporating, there will be less competition for pilots.  (A nephew of my wife is a TG pilot.  When ging through flight training he was the only one new to flying, all the others had been pilots in the Royal Thai Airforce.)  

8 were all they could afford, but were sufficient to provide attractive incentives to the Generals/politicians involved.

Deployment and use were not considered.

Edited by herfiehandbag

16 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

I suggest that the Thai aircraft are delivered without the childish 'shark teeth' and instead substituted with a set of full red shiny lips......

And a red nose....

Or on another note.......

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

Still hanging onto the dirty farang comment, time to let it go bro it was 2 years ago. 

The comment and the attitude should not be forgotten when the speaker and the same attitude are still with us.

I trust but I'll keep my powder dry.