Khao San Rd: Foreigners must take 100 baht swab tests if vax is old - ambulance on standby to take them away if positive

webfact

On 11/15/2021 at 6:41 PM, richard_smith237 said:

We're not allowed to tell you ‘exactly why’ the headline reads foreigners if thats not what they really mean...

However, for decades ‘some’ media outlets have been more famous for drawing in the attention of its readers through deliberately ‘colourful’ headlines which draw the readers attention and outrage before they have had chance to read through the main body of the article which in some cases deliberately avoids or plays down key facts providing a more normal balance. 

This is a deliberately divisive technic used to sell news papers to the masses... these days advertising is sold based on the metric of the number of views a web-page has - articles ‘fish’ for our attention...   the headlines designed to draw us in - Its annoyingly frustrating when the headlines are so obviously misleading. 

Yes I believe you are correct but its dramatically misleading but then many things in LOS is like that!

On 11/15/2021 at 3:33 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I am very sceptical of the news I read on this forum which is sometimes deliberate inflammatory to attract attention while missing out a few key details of balance. 

I therefore have to ask the following questions of anyone who knows the facts: 

- Is it ONLY Foreigners who are being tested (ATK) ?

- OR, is it anyone, Thai and Foreigners who are being test (ATK) ?

- IS it a government incentive ?

- IS it a local business incentive ? (to protect its workers)

Given the currently climate I do not think it is a bad think to request ‘random’ Antigen Testing in the aim of protecting everyone - but it needs to be handled very professionally: 

i.e. Radom test anyone (Thai or Foreign) - If they test positive, take them home (for free) give them a confirmation PCR test for free, if they are positive ask them to remain at home for 10 days - give them a follow up test in 10 days.

OR, accept that vaccines are working with regards of vaccinated avoiding serious symptoms and continue the vaccine roll out and get on with life. 

OR, if they are that worried, keep the area closed. 

I find that everything seen here needs to be fact checked, which is not difficult if you've got time to make some calls or pay a visit to the appropriate agency. Like, for instance, go to a hospital and ask etc.

On 11/15/2021 at 2:28 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't think they need to worry about the "dirty farang bagpackers", as the road had become a Thai trendy hangout place, and probably too expensive for the average bagpacker. From what I understood it was mainly Thais went there before corona.

I went there a couple of years a go for a look ,could not see anything special about the place at all.

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2021 at 5:09 AM, steven100 said:

KSR test requirement on entry .....   100b

the backpackers are definitely gone forever   ! 

It also kills any hostel or guesthouse on the street. Who wants to pay 100thb everytime you go out and back to your room? 

• Like 1