Khao San Rd: Foreigners must take 100 baht swab tests if vax is old - ambulance on standby to take them away if positive

webfact

3 hours ago, darrenr said:

They have lost the plot ! Already done 2-3 swabs to get into Thailand, rate their going you’ll be swabbed 10 times a day, and they certainly won’t be getting my personal details off my vaccination certificate (such as full name and DOB), unless government official.

I hear Cambodia as of 15 Nov - no VOE/Thai Pass, no PCR test, no insurance ,only rapid test on arrival, Thailand May lose a lot of business to other countries with less complicated entry 

Cambodia is where I am now heading. I don't trust the Thais. Lived there for 6 years and now find it conservative and puritanical as well as poorly governed. For some years now Cambodia has provided a more relaxed and friendly environment in which to stay or live than Thailand. 

6 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

"But the good news is that so far 500 swab tests have been done on Thais and foreign visitors and not a single one has come back posiitive."

seems like they're testing Thais as well so back to the drawing board for you ????

Back to the drawing board the posters cannot complain why only farang. Geez do not you people read the article

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

so tourists only get swabbed?

seriously? 

thats going to go down well on social media ????????

I guess only tourists whose last Covid vaccine shot was six months or more ago. If your last Covid shot was less than six months ago….your good. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

At least some good could come of it,

like this maybe ?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/testing-firm-can-profit-from-sale-of-covid-swabs-w6vkb2f2f

"A large Covid-19 testing provider is being investigated by the UK’s data privacy watchdog over its plans to sell swabs containing customers’ DNA for medical research."

2 hours ago, ThailandGuy said:

How do you think on crowded places that will help when they all flock together waiting for 15 minutes ......  without enough distance?  What a joke ! The guy that cames up with this idea must be completely ..........?

Not insane...... thb 100 a pop. Thats business.

8 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

If foreigners have been vaccinated six months ago they will have to take a 100 baht swab test and wait.

Nuff said......

It really sounds like a good thing IF they don't want tourist. Word of mouth about these new things coming up each day will keep people at home in their own country.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, champers said:

It isn't just Thailand. In Austria they have announced a lockdown for anyone not vaccinated and declared that this is the least of their measures. What is next sounds like it could be really scary.

In Austria that's probably mandated by the government, not by a bunch of nobodies in a home-made trader's association!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:
6 hours ago, Pravda said:

So you're saying the title is clickbait?

From my experience, if you claim that a headline on this site is click bait then you get banned from posting. It's simply a misunderstanding and poor translation. What it meant to say is Khao San Road visitors must take 100 baht swab tests. Perhaps they'll correct their misunderstanding.

Noo... not the CB word !!!....  attention grabbing headlines which encourage more readers, no, its not that..its definitely just an innocent ‘lost in translation’ and the article really meant ‘people’ not ‘foreigners’.... 

Unless of course they really are ONLY forcing foreigners to take an Antigen test and charging them 100 baht for the privilege ?... is this really the case ??

We’ve all read of the foreigners who claim the Police only targetted foreigners not wearing helmets (which is possibly true in very touristy areas), where as in Bangkok I always see ‘everyone getting away with everything’ then at a Check-point a load of Thai’s and the odd foreigner here or there being checked. 

I guess mileage differs - I can definitely a scenario whereby only foreigners are stopped, we’ve all witnessed behaviour such as this which is extremely clumsy from a ignorance and xenophobia aspect, meanwhile we have also all witnessed someone over reacting and crying racism or reports which distort and inflame ‘activities’ and ‘events’ or ‘issues’ to draw attention. 

Edited by richard_smith237

11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Noo... not the CB word !!!....  attention grabbing headlines which encourage more readers, no, its not that..its definitely just an innocent ‘lost in translation’ and the article really meant ‘people’ not ‘foreigners’.... 

Unless of course they really are ONLY forcing foreigners to take an Antigen test and charging them 100 baht for the privilege ?... is this really the case ??

So many posting on this thread have missed reading this:
But the good news is that so far 500 swab tests have been done on Thais and foreign visitors and not a single one has come back posiitive. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The GF heard this and stated "What the hell are they thinking". "Might as well start testing at Makro, and entrance to the parks"

I'm sure that's coming at some point after the shots are deemed to have 'worn off' - don't rule anything out.

There could be random spot tests in the streets / roadblocks.

Why? shouldn't be surprise to anyone the leaders of this country teaches and sprout this nonsense day in day out and it rubs off!

No matter how much they preach we are all equal there is NO discrimination when they open their mouth each morning there you go!

When they announced " Thailand Pass "  I remind everyone to think hard there is meaning behind all these catch phrases in this particular case reason for everyone around the world to just PASS on Thailand, it is today a colony of China!  Covid Plus?  What next are they going to double down on their their Land of Stupidity? ????

• Like 1