Khao San Rd: Foreigners must take 100 baht swab tests if vax is old - ambulance on standby to take them away if positive

webfact

6 hours ago, Farmerslife said:

Sorry but it just brought this back to mind;

They're coming to take me away,
Haha, they're coming to take me away,
Ho ho, hee hee, ha ha,
To the funny farm
Where Life is Beautiful all the time
And I'll be happy to see
Those Nice Young Men
In their Clean White Coats
And they're coming to take me AWAY,
HA HAAAAA

I'm not sure if it makes for great tourism advertising copy though

I had that as a kid. It's by Napoleon the Fourteenth. Yep, they came and took me to the funny farm, aka Thailand. Better here than the US though

2 hours ago, darrenr said:

I hear Cambodia as of 15 Nov - no VOE/Thai Pass, no PCR test, no insurance ,only rapid test on arrival, Thailand May lose a lot of business to other countries with less complicated entry 

Same for India as of today - if fully vaccinated, just a test up to 72 hours before departure, some web registration, and off you go. No test on arrival and free to travel anywhere.  

1 minute ago, Ganesh108 said:

Same for India as of today - if fully vaccinated, just a test up to 72 hours before departure, some web registration, and off you go. No test on arrival and free to travel anywhere.  

I'm struggling to find solid info on India apart from some news articles weeks ago about the November 15.. There also the free visa but the visa site doesnt seem to be updated

6 hours ago, Farmerslife said:

Sorry but it just brought this back to mind;

They're coming to take me away,
Haha, they're coming to take me away,
Ho ho, hee hee, ha ha,
To the funny farm
Where Life is Beautiful all the time
And I'll be happy to see
Those Nice Young Men
In their Clean White Coats
And they're coming to take me AWAY,
HA HAAAAA

I'm not sure if it makes for great tourism advertising copy though

Different words, but the same effect

14 minutes ago, asiam110 said:

I'm struggling to find solid info on India apart from some news articles weeks ago about the November 15.. There also the free visa but the visa site doesnt seem to be updated

Yes, info on official websites is sketchy and you have to paste things together from here and there. If you click on 'e-visa' on the official gov site you get a pop-up in the upper right corner. Currently only 30 day visas for tourists, and you must be from one of the 100+ countries with reciprocal vax agreement. If in doubt send them a mail.

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The GF heard this and stated "What the hell are they thinking". "Might as well start testing at Makro, and entrance to the parks"

Don't come to Thailand now , Wait until the country realize that covid is going to be here for decades , we have to learn to live with it like a flu. If Thailand want tourists the only cure is vaccinate 100% of the population and make it mandatory if necessary, only that will bring down the cases significantly until there is vaccin that can give a life long immunity. Unfortunately there is a problem here in Thailand that ignorant decision makers make up new rules on the fly, and I'm sorry to say it won't help... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

another tvf winner. you know it's just one tiny little street don't you? and according to the OP it's being initiated by some random group calling themselves the KSR traders association and not the gubbers ????????

Accepting these practices in one tiny streets will be easily adopted by others to play 'holier than thou'...

• Like 1

They need to stop this already. The treasured tourists who've jumped through hoops to get here, get yet another slap in the face. If they don't believe the vaccines work to prevent spreading covid, then why are they even necessary? 
Are people seriously going to be subjected to the jab every 6 months, or be punished? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BadSpottedDog said:

Are people seriously going to be subjected to the jab every 6 months, or be punished? 

It's beginning to look like that's what is planed...remember though it's only 2 weeks to flatten the curve :w00t:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

That should raise the spirits of the government...........KSR being a reasonable indicator of number of 'poor' tourists coming to Thailand.

You have no clue what has happened last Friday night.....Up to 6,000 until 2am. Check streamers...and Saturday and even on Sunday. 

What is really required, is for these Swabs to be made much, much larger , and to be inserted where the Sun dont shine into the people that dreamt up this nonsense.

At least some good could come of it, as they walked along KSR, they would at least sweep the street clean.

• Haha 1