Khao San Rd: Foreigners must take 100 baht swab tests if vax is old - ambulance on standby to take them away if positive

webfact

If only the decision-makers would charge 1,000 baht they’d exclude the πολλοι - hoi polloi - myself included, and could have the place entirely to themselves.

Personally I never did much like the Khao San Road. But there were some useful places in the neighbourhood ; and my favourite, simple, friendly, family-owned hotel not far away.

7 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

"But the good news is that so far 500 swab tests have been done on Thais and foreign visitors and not a single one has come back posiitive."

seems like they're testing Thais as well so back to the drawing board for you ????

7 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

"But the good news is that so far 500 swab tests have been done on Thais and foreign visitors and not a single one has come back posiitive."

seems like they're testing Thais as well so back to the drawing board for you ????

I assume it refers to Thais that haven't been double vaccinated, because in the OP, it said foreigners whose vaccinations are over 6 months old, meaning Thais who're double-jabbed, regardless of the dates are ok. That's the way I figure it anyway.

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Hyperventilating posters here would be well-served to note:

1. The OP article says the rapid test scheme they're implementing at KSR ONLY applies for people whose most recent vaccinations are six months or more old.

2. The OP article indicates the testing in those circumstances is being done to Thais and foreigners alike.

And they get the authority to conduct medial tests on selected members of the public from where?   Got an anti-hyperventilating answer for that?

27 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

And they get the authority to conduct medial tests on selected members of the public from where?   Got an anti-hyperventilating answer for that?

As well what is the logic behind 6 months old vaccinated only, who are they to make such [deleted] up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

1. I've lived here long enough, and seen enough, to not get hyperventilating about such things. No one's required to go to KSR, and for anyone who objects, I'm sure comparable entertainments can be found elsewhere.

2. My comment was aimed mainly at other posters going off the verbal deep end about how this was some kind of racist affront, when the OP article was pretty clear in indicating the same testing rules would apply to Thais and farangs alike. And that none of it would apply to anyone, unless their vaccinations were 6 months or longer in the past.

As to the "authority," like everything else in this country, it presumably has been blessed by the powers that be, who have regularly been enacting all kinds of different rules and regulations on all kinds of different things for quite a few years now, with few checks and balances. That's just the way it is, and the way it has been.

So why headline the article "Foreigners" if that's not what they really mean??? 

8 hours ago, champers said:

It isn't just Thailand. In Austria they have announced a lockdown for anyone not vaccinated and declared that this is the least of their measures. What is next sounds like it could be really scary.

The nazis were the last govt in Austria to enact similar types of legislation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BostonRob2 said:

That's what they have been doing in the west. Testing everywhere, what's the big deal?

The big deal is if you test positive in Thailand you'll be whisked off in an ambulance and forced to quarantine for (insert guess of choice) days at a cost of thousands, symptoms or no symptoms. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

so tourists only get swabbed?

seriously? 

thats going to go down well on social media ????????

I was just thinking the same thing. I was planning on taking a trip to Thailand but I'll wait. Is it a requirement to carry your vaccination proof with you when you go out and about? How will they know when you had your vaccination? Regardless of the requirement, I'm not going there. If I know beforehand or requirements, price etc I won't go anywhere where the requirements for foreigners are different than the Thai's.

50 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What do you base that on?

if you want to encourage tourism do you a) make visiting your country as easy and streamlined as possible, or b) make anyone entering your country battle with bureaucracy, overpriced insurance, compulsory quarantine and a badly designed online system,

• Thanks 1

What if not enough dirty foreigners are found covid positive...
May be next week Ksr Association will take non contact infrared thermometer to check if a dirty foreigner???? need emergency ambulance if he has more than 37.? (After a spicy lunch????)

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The GF heard this and stated "What the hell are they thinking". "Might as well start testing at Makro, and entrance to the parks"

Don't give 'em ideas!!!!!  (As several others have already said)

Seriously, as this is only "The traders' association at Khao San Road...."  if you're that desperate to go to KSR, just ignore them and carry on walking with an offered suggestion to "fornicate elsewhere" ????  They're not the police - what they gonna do?

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1