Where to find Thailand Pass required insurance for Non-O holders over 80 years of age?

Here is a website that provides health insurance coverage including Covid. You fill in the info and you will receive quotes even for an 82 yo. 

A friend used this site and was approved. My interpretation is that you must have a policy that covers $50,000 for health  including Covid. I also believe you must have coverage for the length of your stay as shown on your travel document. 

https://www.insubuy.com/travel-health-insurance/

1 hour ago, kokopelli said:

Here is a website that provides health insurance coverage including Covid. You fill in the info and you will receive quotes even for an 82 yo. 

A friend used this site and was approved. My interpretation is that you must have a policy that covers $50,000 for health  including Covid. I also believe you must have coverage for the length of your stay as shown on your travel document. 

https://www.insubuy.com/travel-health-insurance/

Couple of points: it was your friend not you, but the essence of the policy was presented in a way that he could load onto the TP system with little difficulty, correct?

A broader point, this company will insure for an odd or small number of days, but it seems the safe thing for the TP system is to get 30 days. Any thoughts?

And I could google it, but the company seems American, right? 

Thanks.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Letseng said:

I don't know which country you come from. Going by your forum name Enzian it may be perhaps Austria? If yes, try ÖAMTC

insurance. It is accepted for Thailand Pass, very reasonably priced. 

Actually my handle is the name of an heroic African figure in Thomas Pynchon's 1973 novel Gravity's Rainbow. 

I've bought insurance today, from an outfit called Seven Corners through a middleman called Square Mouth. Forbes recommends both companies. We'll see if it is accepted.

I'm waiting for my hotel confirmation from Centre Point 21 to proceed with the TP application.

To help others you could consider giving personal experiences when you mention or recommend a company. If it was you personally who had a policy accepted by TP, you might expand on your experience. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Enzian said:

Couple of points: it was your friend not you, but the essence of the policy was presented in a way that he could load onto the TP system with little difficulty, correct?

A broader point, this company will insure for an odd or small number of days, but it seems the safe thing for the TP system is to get 30 days. Any thoughts?

And I could google it, but the company seems American, right? 

Thanks.

I did find the website and gave it to my friend who used it to get the insurance. It was accepted by ThaiPass. You can go to the website and put in your info and you will get quotes based on your info.

You can specify 30,60, 90, etc,etc days.  Age is one factor, length of stay, departure country,  amount of insurance, deducibles, etc. The  company  is American, but a number of insurance companies with quotes will be listed. I intend to use this company on my return to Thailand in March 2022.

For me at 81 yo, the quote for 31 days was about  $400-$500. for $50K,  depending on deductible.

I also entered info for an assumed person from the UK, age 70 yo  for a duration of 30 days  for 50K USD and there were 9 quotes given for about $200.  One of these underwriters was Lloyds.

Edited by kokopelli
  • Thanks 1

On 11/17/2021 at 5:01 AM, kokopelli said:

I also entered info for an assumed person from the UK, age 70 yo  for a duration of 30 days  for 50K USD and there were 9 quotes given for about $200.  One of these underwriters was Lloyds.

I would love to see grandchildren in North America in summer. But then this 71-year old will still have 10 months on extension. Sounds like $2k insurance!

To follow up, the TP system accepted my 30 days travel insurance from Seven Corners, an American company. It was $178 at my age of 82. There really is a world of travel insurance out there if one just looks. I had first been thinking of finding something familiar to everyone, a Thai company say, that the system would recognize, but it seems that doesn't matter. The system is so automated now that god knows what it has been accepting.