Phuket alcohol hours revised

webfact

27 minutes ago, madmitch said:

The unelected Governor is using covid as an excuse to impose draconian rules. Does he actually want tourists? It probably doesn't affect his income stream.

How many "restaurants" are actually busy at those times, I mean packed to the rafters with customers that may pose a major risk of infection? I'd say precisely zero!

Apart from the odd brunch, I rarely drunk in those hours myself while in Phuket but as a tourist, a beer or cocktail by the pool in the afternoon goes down very well.

I'm missing Phuket but i certainly don't miss the jokers running the place.

All part of the fun

There are so many rules that change so often this was really needed? the word confusion has replaced covid in Thailand.

to plan the next day as a tourist or as someone working throw in a language barrier even masking wearing policy with fines, must be the worst amazing place in the world

I am in the caneries everything normal, It is packed everywhere busy, MUST wear mask in shops only

Edited by tomyami

I see the drunks have a new squeaky toy to chew on.   People without a drinking problem certainly would not be upset they can't drink in bars/restaurants from 2-5. 

If you don't think you can make it that long before the shakes start you can always have some sangsom stashed away.  Maybe get one of those pocket flasks to keep you going during those 3 long hours in the afternoon.

Edited by shdmn
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 11
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You really think that someone who wants a beer with a meal in the afternoon needs to go to AA? Really? Or do you just want to demonstrate how ignorant you are?

Based on the amount the doomers and drama queens around here are chewing on this new squeaky toy it certainly sounds that way.

Edited by shdmn
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, sungod said:

What about those who are not drunks and enjoy a late lunch with a few beers oh Puritan?

What about them? Those are not the people on here all the time looking for any excuse to constantly complain about everything. 

Edited by shdmn
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, shdmn said:

Those are not the people on here constantly complaining about everything.  I suspect most of the serial complainers here are just miserable drunks not happy with their own situation and station in life and wanting to try blame Thailand for most of their problems.

Fair one, but I do find the teatotalers on here can get bent out of shape too.

It is a strange rule though, a step backwards for the adults out there.

• Like 2