Phuket alcohol hours revised

webfact

5 hours ago, wombat said:

You have to admit as far as a con job goes its a pretty good one

Absolutely - you only have to look at the official name of what's become Test & Go - Exemption From Quarantine which is actually 1 night's quarantine.

One step forward then two steps back, why would they do this after all the BS we have all been through.

Phuket is a major tourist destination trying to recover from  2 very challenging years and these w........  don't see this as a step backwards! They just don't see the woods for trees do they. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Headgame said:

Wow, this topic really gets the idiots going.
I don't drink but it's OK from 11am to 2 pm but not from 2 - 5.
Now that's just plain stupid.

Of course many want a beer with a late lunch and they can't because of covid?
Just ridiculous.

Who checks the local laws when they travel? Well, no one. They expect some common sense, currently in short supply in TH.

And BTW, for those making negative comments about Phuket, go f yourself.
Phuket is amazingly clean and the beaches generally only have issues when the tides bring in the plastic and related <deleted> thrown away by the good citizens of other countries thousands of miles away.

Re the beaches its the same in Samui accept for the areas where the local fisherman hang out, everything from human waste, plastics, unwanted caught fish and anything else they no longer feel they need to use is just discarded on the beach, its a bloody disgrace! oh along with their little huts where they often reside beach side!

13 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

If you stay up on that high horse too long you'll get vertigo.  Just remember who this 'Grand Re-Opening' is supposed to be targetting - holiday makers.  Holiday makers may or may not want a drink in the afternoon - what they don't want is to be told they can't. 

We know that many restrictions are still in place but I doubt tourists read Aseannow much. The 'Amazing Thailand' ads are back on UK TV and this time it truly is amazing - amazing if you can find anything open. 

The damage they are doing to future repeat trips will be significant - it would be better to just stay closed until they are actually ready to open. They announce the re-opening then slowly start introducing restrictions - how does that work then?

TIL that having a healthy liver is for snobs!

Edited by shdmn

Thailand is Thailand

If it's not one thing it's another

Thailand WILL NOT change regardless.

Thailand will never change. The high Baht, the low Baht, the amount of tourists, Covid, Sara, coups, governments, scandals, Chinese, Russian's, Indians, Westerners, property highs, property lows and even The Tsunami.

What has really changed????........

15 hours ago, shdmn said:

I see the drunks have a new squeaky toy to chew on.   People without a drinking problem certainly would not be upset they can't drink in bars/restaurants from 2-5. 

If you don't think you can make it that long before the shakes start you can always have some sangsom stashed away.  Maybe get one of those pocket flasks to keep you going during those 3 long hours in the afternoon.

Not very bright are you !

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I was there a few weeks ago and the beer bars at the southern end of Patong were in full swing.  Hardly eateries.

I don't think many pay attention to these restrictions,  there are a few beach bars at the northern side of Patong serving alcohol and food...packed 100% most of the day, they can't get enough tables and chairs.

Had 2 cocktails there today after 3pm.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gearbox said:

I don't think many pay attention to these restrictions,  there are a few beach bars at the northern side of Patong serving alcohol and food...packed 100% most of the day, they can't get enough tables and chairs.

Sounds like a lots of 'coffee' drinkers around Pattaya too, but don't tell the serial complainers here circle jerking with each other saying that it's literally end times or something.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Holiday makers having a drink in the afternoon leads to a sick liver? Deluded.

I guess it's a good thing they are not the ones on here day in and day out complaining about it

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, paul1804 said:

Re the beaches its the same in Samui accept for the areas where the local fisherman hang out, everything from human waste, plastics, unwanted caught fish and anything else they no longer feel they need to use is just discarded on the beach, its a bloody disgrace! oh along with their little huts where they often reside beach side!

Didn't mean to imply Thais and many tourists show zero respect for their own environment. It's disgusting.
I'm a Canadian where if you litter - huge fines. That works.

17 hours ago, gearbox said:

So why make these silly rules when they are ignored, just a lot of hot air from the authorities and I guess the boys in blue can top up their tea money fund whenever they like! 

• Like 1