Large Family visa options

Hi guys I have a question for you all !

Me and my family (4 Children and wife - All Australian - both 35, 1 child over 14 and the rest under 14) have been living in Thailand for 3 months now we entered on a exemption stamp did our ASQ (no vac) and then went to immigration and did a Covid stamp.

We rather like it here and are happy so we spoke to some agency's to see what options we had to stay for a year.

I write to you guy's to see if I have missed any options, below are the quotes and options I was given:
(we are on exemption stamp / covid stamp, hence the high quotes below to convert to correct visa without leaving country)

- First option is make a business that costs 220k and everyone can stay for 1 year. (This includes everything required and even comes with a work permit, pay 4 staff for one month then keep only 1 on or something along those lines, this includes everything even visa's for us all only thing it don't include is rent and the ongoing salary for the 1 thai).

- Second option is Education visa to learn Thai for my eldest, my self and then my wife and the other 3 children under 14 do not need anything they are dependents, price is 150k total (12 months).

- Third option is leet visa but they fail at wording things correctly so its hard to really work out what the price is for all of us. (lets say 1mil++)

Is there any option I have missed? (We are Australian not USA)

I can go to Cambodia or Vietnam and just buy a 1 year multiple entry visa no issues easily and cheap we have done before when we use to live there, nothing like that exists in Thailand unless you are from USA or maybe I am mistaken hence this post to really find out all our options.

What am I missing ?

Any constructive advice is much appreciated and if you can refer any well experienced agents please feel free to.

Thanks guys,
-CC

Edited by consolecowboy
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Don't your children go to school?

Ya they sure do we have a deal with Australia where we follow their curriculum its called "Distance education", very popular in Australia due to the rural nature of the place it extends to us anywhere in the world.

Only difference is instead of using radios for school like when I was a kid they use the internet. 

Why do you ask?
Does this open up some options ?

Edited by consolecowboy

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=804079

2.8 In the case study in a government educational institution: Each permission shall be granted for a period certified by educational institution, which shall not exceed one year

The alien: (1) Must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM). (2) Must have been confirmed and requested by the particular educational institution.

2.9 In the case of enrollment in a private educational institution: (1) In case of general education institution, each permission shall be granted for a period certified by the educational institution, which shall not exceed one year. (2) In case of non-formal school, each permission shall be granted for a period certified by the educational institution, for no more than 90 days, total length of stay shall not exceed one year from the date of entering the Kingdom. Types of non-formal school are such as religion, arts and sports, vocational, tutoring and skill development school as specified by the Private Education Commission ***

(1) Must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM). (2) The particular educational institution receives permission to establish said educational institution issued by the relevant government agency (3) Must have been confirmed and requested by the particular educational institution. (4) Must have been confirmed by the relevant government agency (except in case of enrollment in international school and in higher education)

2.11 In the case of being a family member of an alien who has been permitted a temporary stay in the Kingdom for study in an educational institution according to Clauses 2.8 or 2.9 hereof (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouse’s children): Each permission shall be granted for no more than one year.

(1) The alien must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM). (2) The alien must have proof of relationship. (3) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto: or (4) In the case of children, adopted children, or spouse's children, said children, adopted children, and spouse's children must not be married, must live with the alien as part of the family, and must not be over 20 years of age: or (5) In the case of parents, funds must be deposited in a bank in Thailand, under the father's or the mother's name, of no less than Baht 500,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must have proof of a deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 30 days prior to the filing date.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, consolecowboy said:

Ya they sure do we have a deal with Australia where we follow there curriculum its called "Distance education", very popular in Australia due to the rural nature of the place it extends to us anywhere in the world. Only difference is instead of using radios for school like when I was a kid they use the internet. 

Why do you ask ? Does this option up some options ?

If they would attend a Thai school they would get the initial visa for 2000THB, and then anual extensions for 1900THB. You as parents could then get the visas/extensions because your children go to school. So this would then cost 12k for the first 3 months, and after this 11400THB anually.

But this is probably not an option for you.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jackdd said:

If they would attend a Thai school they would get the initial visa for 2000THB, and then anual extensions for 1900THB. You as parents could then get the visas/extensions because your children go to school. So this would then cost 12k for the first 3 months, and after this 11400THB anually.

But this is probably not an option for you.

Thank you, could be a option after they do 12 months with Thai ED visa then maybe they will know enough Thai to get by. I know in Australia most of the kids that go to school are immigrants and most can not speak English and if they do not speak English they get special funding and help to, but I am sure it is different here...

I appreciate the advice thanks kindly.

Edited by consolecowboy

1 minute ago, consolecowboy said:

Off topic how does one block jaded old drunks on this site, seems no way to block a members posts threw the profile system  ?

If you wish to put a member on ignore, click on your username in the upper right hand corner and a drop down menu will appear.  One of the functions is "Ignore Users".   Enter who you wish to ignore.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

Maybe the kids can go to school and get 12 month extensions for education.

You and your Wife could then get 12 month extensions as their parents.

11 hours ago, consolecowboy said:

Thanks for the brain storming, yes that is a option thanks

11 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=804079 138.79 kB · 9 downloads

2.8 In the case study in a government educational institution: Each permission shall be granted for a period certified by educational institution, which shall not exceed one year

The alien: (1) Must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM). (2) Must have been confirmed and requested by the particular educational institution.

2.9 In the case of enrollment in a private educational institution: (1) In case of general education institution, each permission shall be granted for a period certified by the educational institution, which shall not exceed one year. (2) In case of non-formal school, each permission shall be granted for a period certified by the educational institution, for no more than 90 days, total length of stay shall not exceed one year from the date of entering the Kingdom. Types of non-formal school are such as religion, arts and sports, vocational, tutoring and skill development school as specified by the Private Education Commission ***

(1) Must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM). (2) The particular educational institution receives permission to establish said educational institution issued by the relevant government agency (3) Must have been confirmed and requested by the particular educational institution. (4) Must have been confirmed by the relevant government agency (except in case of enrollment in international school and in higher education)

2.11 In the case of being a family member of an alien who has been permitted a temporary stay in the Kingdom for study in an educational institution according to Clauses 2.8 or 2.9 hereof (applicable only to parents, spouse, children, adopted children, or spouse’s children): Each permission shall be granted for no more than one year.

(1) The alien must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM). (2) The alien must have proof of relationship. (3) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto: or (4) In the case of children, adopted children, or spouse's children, said children, adopted children, and spouse's children must not be married, must live with the alien as part of the family, and must not be over 20 years of age: or (5) In the case of parents, funds must be deposited in a bank in Thailand, under the father's or the mother's name, of no less than Baht 500,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must have proof of a deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 30 days prior to the filing date.

If you afford it the above is the best option. Children attending school with extension of and you and your wife on 1 year extensions for being their parents. You both will need 500k baht in a Thai bank for 30 days to apply for the first extension and then 90 days for the next one.

• Like 1