Thailand reports 6,901 new COVID-19 cases, 55 deaths, 7,556 recoveries

webfact

COV18.jpg

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Thursday (November 18) reported 6,901 new COVID-19 cases, 7,556 recoveries and 55 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

▶︎ Infections outside prisons: 6,757. Prisons: 144

▶︎ Recoveries: 7,556

▶︎ Total infections since April 1: 2,015,262

▶︎ Total recoveries since since April 1: 1,905,773

Thursday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 2,044,125 with 20,254 deaths.

The news comes as Thailand’s Prime Minister announced the government has set a target to procure 65 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine for next year, including newer versions of the jabs, while more than 70% of the population in 11 provinces have so far received at least one dose of the vaccine.

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha said the government has already signed contracts with vaccine suppliers to procure 65 million doses for 2022. He said the government is closely monitoring the development of newer vaccine versions, including those for nasal application, to appropriately plan the country’s inoculation strategy next year.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update18NOV).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-11-18

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

27 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

This week and 2 previous including ATK:

sun 9687   sun 8401   sun 8429
mon 10605   mon 11749   mon 7498
tues 12144   tues 9565   tues 8020
wed 12168   wed 11767   wed 8553
thur 13543   thur 11996   thur 9007
fri 10618   fri 10156      
sat 9336   sat 9950      

@Bkk Brian

Definitely a slow bumpy ride downward.

• Like 2

Looking at the pic for this article I really hope schools are looking out for more than a fever.  Indeed fever is one of the less common symptoms for the vaccinated. Runny nose, blocked nose, cold like symptoms, persistent cough, stomach upset, loss of taste and smell, sneezing and sore throat are all symptoms none of which can be picked up by testing body temperature on less than reliable body temp scanners. On one rather hot day one of these things showed I was suffering from hypothermia with a body temp. of 32oC. Forgot to mention asymptomatic.

Edited by dinsdale

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Looking at the pic for this article I really hope schools are looking out for more than a fever.  Indeed fever is one of the less common symptoms for the vaccinated. Runny nose, blocked nose, cold like symptoms, persistent cough, stomach upset, loss of taste and smell, sneezing and sore throat are all symptoms none of which can be picked up by testing body temperature on less than reliable body temp scanners. On one rather hot day one of these things showed I was suffering from hypothermia with a body temp. of 32oC.

Going with my GF to her doctor's appointments over the past few months  I have been shown to be 36.3 on the hand scanner, that drops the sanitizer on your hand afterwards, only to be denied entry because the Thermal scanner shows me between 38.5 and 40.5. They then use a hand held scanner they use inside the doctor's office and find I am indeed only 36.3. I also have to show them my vaccination certificate.  The GF has to test 2 days before she goes and so do I. The system is irretrievably fubarred.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

The number of Covid-19 cases crossed 13.67 million across Southeast Asia, with 29,901 new cases reported on Wednesday. #COVID19 #Asean #TheNationThailand

https://www.nationthailand.com/international/40008960

Asean reported over 29,000 new Covid-19 cases on Wednesday

Here in Finland had 1151 new case yesterday! And over 80% from over 12 years old is double vaxxed.

In Finland has under 6 million people and like in Philippines has over 100 million! Im not believe any number what they report in Asean area! They investigate sewer waters here also and they know how much virus is there ! Even whitout testing they know situation if virus is more spread .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2 is 1 said:

Here in Finland had 1151 new case yesterday! And over 80% from over 12 years old is double vaxxed.

In Finland has under 6 million people and like in Philippines has over 100 million! Im not believe any number what they report in Asean area! They investigate sewer waters here also and they know how much virus is there ! Even whitout testing they know situation if virus is more spread .

And just what did the sewer water say? Any link Perhaps? 

39 minutes ago, anchadian said:

819,319 vaccine doses were administered yesterday:

258533449_448829876735342_8606794249679631530_n.jpg

Just under 3 million boosters given to date, or around 3.5% of those vaccinated have been given a booster, that in itself is a nice to know fact, and then we need to see how many more of those vaccinated with the sinovac still need boosters.  If they are counting the boosters in their quest to get to 100 million vaccinations given then those numbers are a true fallacy in my view.  In order for it to be true that 100 million vaccines have been given there needs to be the caveat that a percentage possibly 3 to 4 % are from booster shots while some folks have never received a single jab yet. Definitely a long way to go to meet the 70% of the population vaccinated that they loudly proclaimed would happen by the end of the year, but have since changed the numbers to 100 million jabs given

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Olmate said:

And just what did the sewer water say? Any link Perhaps? 

https://www.thl.fi/episeuranta/jatevesi/jatevesiseuranta_viikkoraportti.html

Its in Finnish language! But have some "matrix" on it! So it show where has discover more covid virus .

Coronavirus monitoring in wastewater

The situational picture of the numbers of coronavirus observed by wastewater monitoring is independent of test activity, and it supports other epidemic indicators. 

Based on wastewater samples collected from this week (from 7 to 8 November), the total amount of coronavirus in Finnish wastewater has increased.

Coronavirus wastewater monitoring data per monitoring point is updated in the weekly report once a week on Fridays at 12 noon.
Coronavirus wastewater monitoring weekly report (in Finnish)

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 2

AstraZeneca COVID-19 antibody drug offers 83% protection over six months

Nov 18 (Reuters) – AstraZeneca (AZN.L) on Thursday cemented its lead in bringing a preventative COVID-19 shot for the non-infected to market for people who do not respond well to vaccines, saying its antibody drug cocktail offered 83% protection over six months.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/astrazeneca-antibody-works-prevent-treat-covid-19-longer-term-studies-2021-11-18/

The logo for AstraZeneca is seen outside its North America headquarters in Wilmington, Delaware, U.S., March 22, 2021.  REUTERS/Rachel Wisniewski

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

We need to stop this covid lockdown nonsense now - UK news today , 10,000 new excess deaths now that are NOT covid related but probably caused BY the covid lockdowns. 

I've read that but its not saying anything about it being due to covid lockdowns but more because of people not going to hospital because of cancelled appointments or too scared to catch covid so stayed at home rather than go to hospital leading to greater mortality in certain conditions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New Covid infections on the rise in Chiang Mai but declining elsewhere

The Ministry of Public Health said new COVID-19 infections in Thailand are on a downtrend, with the exception of Chiang Mai where the increase in new patients has necessitated the setting up of a ‘field Intensive Care Unit’ with 50 beds capacity for patients with severe symptoms.

The increased number of new infections in Chiang Mai has depleted the number of available beds for Covid patients, especially for patients with severe to critical symptoms that were classified under the Orange and Red categories. A ‘field ICU’ with a 50-bed capacity is being set up by Nakornping Hospital at Hall 3 of Chiang Mai International

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG211116210828678

• Thanks 2