My Detailed Booking and cost Sydney to Chiang Mai and return for 30 Days for Wife and Self

9 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Generally in the "return" free concept, getting a seat is the major problem, as they only allocate a few seats at those rates per flight, forcing most to pay a higher than average for return seat. 

Not my experience with Jetstar.

The 2 legs are booked at same time. The date entered for first leg and then dates offered for return leg. It's all one booking. Then to final payment page. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Generally in the "return" free concept, getting a seat is the major problem, as they only allocate a few seats at those rates per flight, forcing most to pay a higher than average for return seat. 

I'm booked to fly Bangkok to Melbourne on the 17th December via Singapore. Not sure about getting back in Jan though. Haven't booked that yet

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 12:32 AM, gearbox said:

I very much doubt that you can buy 2 X return tickets before covid for $1400 SYD-BKK to start with... that's the peak travel season and I haven't seen tickets sub $1200 especially if booked a month or two in advance.

There is  a Jetstar sale "return leg free" for $379 Sydney-Phuket, travel period 13 Jan-13 Apr starting tomorrow. Easy to fly to Chiang Mai from there.

Two tickets for my son and Me, Bangkok, Narita, Vancouver, Edmonton, one way, which is usually more expensive. A whole lot further than Sydney

Total cost CDN $ 1009

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

And I bet it's  carry on only included. Jetstar is renowned for these little scams.

5 minutes ago, Albaby said:

And I bet it's  carry on only included. Jetstar is renowned for these little scams.

How is that a scam. 

Jetstar is a low cost carrier similar to AirAsia etc.

All those carriers are carry on only in price.

Checked in luggage, seat selection, meals, flight entertainment etc are added extra. Prices clearly outlined. 

Fee for payment is not pleasant with Jetstar. No issue with some such as AirAsia who even allow counter payment at 7/11 etc.

23 hours ago, Lazybones said:

For those who may be interested Jetstar are flying Bangkok to Melbourne from the 15th December but through Singapore at the moment.

Good luck with that mob, I had no less than 3 flights cancelled with them, extra $150 and fly with Singapore.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

How is that a scam. 

Jetstar is a low cost carrier similar to AirAsia etc.

All those carriers are carry on only in price.

Checked in luggage, seat selection, meals, flight entertainment etc are added extra. Prices clearly outlined. 

Fee for payment is not pleasant with Jetstar. No issue with some such as AirAsia who even allow counter payment at 7/11 etc.

You may be an experienced traveller, most are not. And as stated previously , those free return leg fares are often a nonexistent hook. For those looking for cheap fares out of Oz, avoid Jetstar imo. Virgin would be my choice.

• Like 1