TAT predicts 18 million foreign tourists in 2022, spending 1 trillion baht

webfact

Apart from everything else you have to take into consideration that Thais believe that every farang has a money tree in their backyards, that there are no poor farang.  All those tens of thousands or more of farang who have been out of work since this pandemic started have just had more time to harvest 1,000 baht notes from their money trees and now can have a nice holiday in Thailand.

• Haha 2

Why dont TAT diversify and tout on-line lottery numbers predictions

or

publish one of those guide books that translate subjects from dreams (trees, crocodiles, snakes etc) into lucky lottery numbers  tourist arrival numbers

Edited by Regyai

Well they better hurry up and figure out how to get these people to come here !

My mate flew to Bkk from Heathrow yesterday with a hour stop in Phuket . There was a total of 30 people in economy and half got off in Phuket. 
Maybe business class and first class were packed with all the rich tourists the country want , but I highly doubt it ! ????????

4 hours ago, vivananahuahin said:

I copy this in my atoma book and at the same date next year i will open it and realise what are the results.

What a great idea. That'll be another reason for me to be alive next year. Thank you.

Does TAT think he knows more than the airlines do. For example I checked Cathay Pacific flights from BKK to HKG (I am looking for flights to visit Vancouver) and I now see that until May they have only 1 flight per day 3 times a week (12 flights per month), where before they had at least 4 or 5 flights per day 7 days a week (140 flights per month)

Edited by dsj
  • Like 1

Delusional. I suspect they won't even hit 1.8 million genuine tourists.

The few tens of thousands that have arrived since Nov 1 are not typical tourists. They are mostly those with a more long term connection to the country and have been waiting on entry requirements relaxing so they could make the journey.

Genuine tourists won't waste their time. They want a relaxing holiday and there is nothing relaxing about entering Thailand currently.

18 million tourists next year? That's a good one...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pitufikken said:

Why is it so important for TAT to come with all these predictions? It makes no sense!

just for the benefit of their people's year end bonus: Higher total tourist estimates (!) spread over the year lead to fat bonus return