TAT predicts 18 million foreign tourists in 2022, spending 1 trillion baht

webfact

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Be interested to know if the single guys are getting better crumpet due to lack of customers !

Ask the Thai guys in the villages. Could be possible that Somchai is busting nut more often. Would not be surprised.

What a dreamer!  Why don't he make a bigger ass of himself by going broke!  1 billion will be knocking on its doors, 10 Trillion will be made, they will raise us up and make us all immortal statue of all of us at the airport celebrations yearly of saving the Thai economy! Think about resigning and try making it in the real world with a real job!????

8 hours ago, Karma80 said:

The sadness for me is seeing people reopen their businesses on the strength of this guys hopeful speculation. In Phuket, I've noticed more restaurants open at night. Mostly empty still.

I get it, build it and they will come, but at least be realistic so people can plan their livelihoods and not the bet the farm with the scraps they have left.

Yeah but they most be completely braindeath if they still listen to this

Thailand has had its day, its other Asian neighbors offer better value. The Bell Curve will play out now. Govt were in dreamland if they thought the 39M Tourists from 2019 were exponential. They should cancel the extra terminal/runway at swampy as it wont be needed... Would be great to see tourism go back to ~5M when I came for the first time in the late 80's. Thais were happy, no rip-off taxi drivers, jet ski operators etc..., bring back the good old days...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pitufikken said:

Why is it so important for TAT to come with all these predictions? It makes no sense!

he's got to show that he is still relevant, he isn't, he's just pathetic and he isn't convincing anybody, maybe he hasn't heard about the covid flair up and inflation in the West, they have their own problems just staying where they are. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, moe666 said:

Going out this afternoon, here in Chiang Mai. I saw about 10 tourist scattered about the old city. They are here but not great numbers of them. Lots of Thai tourist in town and a over abundance of Bangkok plates.

Happy loy krathong from Icon Siam in Bangkok.  Packed house.  

3 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Except in Bangkok. Packed Roadways tonight. Took 1 hour and 30 minutes to get from Lumpini to Icon Siam a distance if 5.5 km.

20211119_211113.jpg

20211119_211319.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

I predict that this country is run by selfish crooks, completely off reality and heading full steam into an economic desaster - all selfmade by the gifted goons down in the parliament house.

My predictions might be even more realistic than those daydreamers whose minds are completely off scale; I sometimes wonder what kind of excellent weed is smoked in some of those officers work places ...

8 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

funfact singapore air now makes u do facial recog to get onboard--like it or not--so masks down

wasnt happy about it--or not even given an option---never again on Sing air.....air nazis....almost didnt let me board in LAX over my PCR dates.....guy had me ready to be in meltdown mode...

I flew JAX to DC on UA then DC to Narita and on to BKK on ANA just after teh Olympics.  The ANA flights were 777-300ER with 200+ seats but there were 34 passengers on the first flight and 14 on the next.  When I said I like sake, the stewardess brought me the various sakes from business class to sample and select.  Before landing she brought me a card with the labels of each bottle pasted and my comments on each.  Poor girl was probably bored with nothing else to do.  I find SIA girls have pretty masks but are too mechanical. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibook said:

I flew JAX to DC on UA then DC to Narita and on to BKK on ANA just after teh Olympics.  The ANA flights were 777-300ER with 200+ seats but there were 34 passengers on the first flight and 14 on the next.  When I said I like sake, the stewardess brought me the various sakes from business class to sample and select.  Before landing she brought me a card with the labels of each bottle pasted and my comments on each.  Poor girl was probably bored with nothing else to do.  I find SIA girls have pretty masks but are too mechanical. 

The Singapore gals did surprise me with Cake and champagne for my birthday