TAT predicts 18 million foreign tourists in 2022, spending 1 trillion baht

webfact

Only an Airbus 380- 800 series can hold over 500 passengers. A Boeing 747 hold up to 467 plus crew.

The rest like |A340 holds less than 400, same as a B777.  So in reality there are only so many A380s

flying the 500 plus people per flight.  Good old TAT, lives in their fantasy world. Love their

wild predictions though.  It may give a few people hope that tourism will improve on Thailand.

I predict that there will be a certain percentage of people who will take their chances

to escape the cold Winter, but i doubt that the big predictions will come to pass.

Geezer

• Like 2

17 hours ago, khunPer said:

Best case is 49,315 daily arrivals in average, worst case only 27.397 daily arrivals - however from next month through March 300.000 arrivals per month, leaving 17 million best case, and 9 million case for the remaining nine months, which equals almost 62,000 arrivals per day in best case, or nearly 33,000 daily arrivals in worst case - when it comes to TAT's calculations "amazing Thailand" makes plenty of excellent sense...:thumbsup:

Many airlines were now beating a path to Thailand's door he said noting that Emirates even wanted to land their A380 airbusses. 

"That's 500 tourists on each flight," enthused Yutthasak.

Your calculations are very easy , 50k per day , only 100 Airbus A380 .... very simple . I think there will be double , at least .

3 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I don't eat McDonald's in Thailand since about 2016, so you're probably right. Burger King had the 99 baht whoppers in 2019 though ????

I don't eat either. 555

Regardless, we're certainly on the same page. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Billpro785 said:

They can make up the fantasy numbers they want, let's be real, with Cambodia opening fully on Nov 15th, why would a real tourist go through all the Thailand pass, paperwork, insurance, and etc, when they can enter Cambodia, take a 15 onsite test, and go. Besides all the bars are open, and Phnom Penh is getting busy again. Thailand , take notes, this is how you open a country. 

Cambodia’s Reopening Is Propelled by Vaccinations -- Updated Nov. 19, 2021,

(But )citing the rapid pace of inoculations and a vaccination rate of 88 percent, Prime Minister Hun Sen accelerated that plan and said that fully vaccinated tourists could arrive without quarantine, effective on Monday.

While the prime minister put the fully vaccinated rate at 88 percent based on a population of 16 million, The New York Times database puts the rate at 80 percent, based on a population of nearly 16.5 million.

About 90 percent of Cambodia’s vaccines came from China, including more than nine million doses of Sinovac and nearly four million doses of Sinopharm.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/11/18/world/covid-vaccine-boosters-mandates

4 hours ago, Robin said:

"Emirates even wanted to land their A380 airbusses."

Maybe, they used to land 2 a day: mostly full of passengers, so did Thai and Qatar.  Face it, Tourists either normal people or the mythical 'big spenders'  are not coming with the current restrictions

When were Indian or Chinese ever considered 'big spender'.

TAT has lost all touch with reality.  its predictions are no more than what they wish would happen.

Get rid of Thailand Pass, even when it is working, with its  vague nonsensical insurance and quarantine  requirements, and allow people in with a simple negative PCR test taken before arrival.

I think they are desperate, and those announcements are for internal use only, for support with the Hotel Association of Thailand, and other agencies, to make sure they don't revolt or go into a complete meltdown ????

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Haha 1

On 11/19/2021 at 6:28 PM, GrandPapillon said:

holly jesus, Austria in full lockdown even if you are fully vaccinated? what's the point then of vaccination? they seem to be repeating the same mistakes over and over again!!! let's hope the rest of European countries are not following them

That is part of the problem, vaccination take-up was low in Austria.... also booster/3rd vaccinations are slow to get going. Fully vaccinated is becoming 3 not 2..... even the UK still only at 25% on that measure.

22 hours ago, drenddy said:

That dude, Richard Barrow, who is around these folks, does he have the balls to tell them they are completely deluded?

I think he mentioned it, and they agree with him. But Thai style, who knows what they really think of their silly projections. They do it for face, not for personal beliefs or facts.

• Like 1

Heck, I menionted this  article to my son, as he and his wife and kids  are "thinking "of  visiting here  later  in 2022.    His reply,    Gee I was planning on spending at least One trillion  myslef alone, doesnt everyone??

Im  getting on to  T.A.T   first thing Monday to tell them, so they can revise their figures.

• Haha 2

On 11/19/2021 at 3:39 AM, webfact said:

On the "Test and Go" idea - roundly criticized by Thanet who said it was putting tourists completely off a trip to Thailand - Yutthasak claimed it was "creating confidence among tourists".

The man is deluded!  I did my Thailand Pass application over a week ago and it didn't seem that difficult - but I have a Thai wife and therefore a need to return.

However, I've just been helping a friend who in turn is helping 2 elderly Brits obtain their passes for a forthcoming trip.  Seeing it from a 'normal' touirsts point of view, putting togther all the necessary documents, converting them into an acceptable format etc. etc. made me realise how vastly different this is from simply making a phone call and booking a flight.

And that's without considering the likelihood that much of the country will be closed when they arrive.

My recommendation  to anyone seeking a little sun this winter - the Canaries are looking good.

• Like 2