Baht bus help for newbie.

PoorSucker

OK, old in Thailand but new in Pattaya.

I live on KhaoTalo, what baht bus line goes here, what should I pay to soi Buakhao.

Guess I have to change here, how much from Pattaya Tai to Treetown.

Also, how much should I pay moto taxi same trip.

Edited by PoorSucker

Daytime on the Darkside there's the Red 10 baht Songthawes going up and down Nern Plab Wan.  It usually runs about every 30 minutes.  I've caught them a few times but mostly only short distances, I'm pretty sure they don't go past Sukhumvit and empty at the top of NPW by the Wat.

It's been a couple of years since I caught a moto taxi to Soi LK Metro but I recall them asking 60b. On the trip back those taxi guys would ask for 80b but some would accept 60.

Old thread on the same subject:

6 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Be careful......as I understand it....not all baht-buses are baht-buses.......some consider themselves taxis without meters!

I always thought that was more of a central Pattaya thing.....ie never talk to the driver! Or if your BB gets flagged down by someone who starts to talk to him.. good chance he would go off route and you all should get off. 

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'd guess 100-150 baht

A friend paid less then about 100 Baht from far out Jomtien (between Chaiyapruek and Watboon) to Treetown.

Distances may be similar from Khao Talo.

As far as I know BOLT prices vary on demand/supply?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

A friend paid less then about 100 Baht from far out Jomtien (between Chaiyapruek and Watboon) to Treetown.

Distances may be similar from Khao Talo.

As far as I know BOLT prices vary on demand/supply?

A friend got a Bolt from Wat Yan to Jomtien and it was 160 baht which is far greater distance

14 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Have transportation, but don't want to drink and drive.

I would get dropped off to go into town, Mrs would drive my bike home (couldn't trust myself)... a Songtaew down Klang to get home, pick up a motorcycle taxi at Sukhumvit. Then I stopped being cheap and used taxis home, Bolt helped. Also useful to have a few local WIN driver phone numbers in the phone. 

• Haha 2

As others have said, use Bolt, they are incredibly cheap. (probably the same price as 1-2 baht buses and a bike taxi, and takes you door to door)

Put the app on your phone and you can see prices/availability without actually ordering a taxi.

16 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Have transportation, but don't want to drink and drive.

I also used to assume that it was safer to get a baht bus or bike taxi rather than ride my scooter while intoxicated.

49 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

It's like a food court on Soi Buakhao, nobody can tell where you got your papercup mug with beer from.

Many who are drinking beer in the food court get it at the 7-11 right across Soi Buakhao and a few doors North.

And for NanLaew:

Tree Town is two blocks North of the corner of L K Metro and Soi Buakhao.  It has both food and bars with girls.  The next street North of Tree Town is also developing as a bar area.  Many girls are still there, outside the bars and along Soi Buakhao.  Some non-girls too if you swing that way.

23 minutes ago, HarrySeaman said:

Many girls are still there, outside the bars and along Soi Buakhao. 

There's every chance that the steps at the front of Tree Town could become the next coconut bar, even for the Indians in the future.  

Yep the new walking street, where city hall always wanted it to be.

As a side issue, a member here I can't honestly remember who, has been complaining for the last few days about how busy it is there, I presume that, that member goes and drinks there, therefore is part of the problem, why go to a busy bar area and drink when it is supposed to be against the law ?? What next  ? Complain that the fine is too severe ????????????????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

As a side issue, a member here I can't honestly remember who, has been complaining for the last few days about how busy it is there, I presume that, that member goes and drinks there, therefore is part of the problem, why go to a busy bar area and drink when it is supposed to be against the law ?? What next  ? Complain that the fine is too severe ????????????????

It’s all a dream to some posters! Google maps helps heaps.

5 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Where city hall wanted it to be, or where ridiculous rents eventually pushed it to be?

I have no doubt, 5 to 10 years from now, high LK Metro / Baukhao / Tree Town rents will push the centre of the adult nightlife to another location.  

Edited by Leaver