Baht bus help for newbie.

PoorSucker

11 hours ago, Leaver said:

Where city hall wanted it to be, or where ridiculous rents eventually pushed it to be?

I have no doubt, 5 to 10 years from now, high LK Metro / Baukhao / Tree Town rents will push the centre of the adult nightlife to another location.  

I bet 5 to 10 years from now, high LK Metro / Baukhao / Tree Town FLOOD WATER will push float the centre of the adult nightlife to another location.  

On 11/19/2021 at 3:38 PM, PoorSucker said:

OK, old in Thailand but new in Pattaya.

I live on KhaoTalo, what baht bus line goes here, what should I pay to soi Buakhao.

Guess I have to change here, how much from Pattaya Tai to Treetown.

Also, how much should I pay moto taxi same trip.

install the mobile app "bolt" problem sorted

On 11/20/2021 at 5:58 AM, redwood1 said:

To make this simple.....

If you don't drive its highly highly highly recommended you live on or near a baht bus route.....

If you must live far get a motorcycle.....Bolt would suck to have to use every day....

the OP said he doesn't want to drive and drive and IMO is very sensible and the correct thing to do

On 11/25/2021 at 9:23 AM, NanLaew said:

I bet 5 to 10 years from now, high LK Metro / Baukhao / Tree Town FLOOD WATER will push float the centre of the adult nightlife to another location.  

In that case, Thai landlords will raise the rent even higher, because their bar now has water views.  ????    

On 11/19/2021 at 1:08 AM, jacko45k said:

I always thought that was more of a central Pattaya thing.....ie never talk to the driver! Or if your BB gets flagged down by someone who starts to talk to him.. good chance he would go off route and you all should get off. 

Yes, I had one that was stopped by a Chinese tour leader. No room for me after the group boarded and they pushed me out of the way. Lovely Chinese women.

1 minute ago, elgenon said:

Yes, I had one that was stopped by a Chinese tour leader. No room for me after the group boarded and they pushed me out of the way. Lovely Chinese women.

Can't blame the driver guy, much better earning potential than ploughing the cheap charlie route. 

On 11/19/2021 at 4:00 PM, Will B Good said:

Be careful......as I understand it....not all baht-buses are baht-buses.......some consider themselves taxis without meters!

It's pretty simple.  Get on a baht bus doing it's regular route, ring the bell when you want to get off and pay 10 baht.

If you ask the driver to take you to any specific location, then he's a taxi and the price is negotiable.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dddave said:

It's pretty simple.  Get on a baht bus doing it's regular route, ring the bell when you want to get off and pay 10 baht.

If you ask the driver to take you to any specific location, then he's a taxi and the price is negotiable.

On the corner near Walking Street, the ones short of the corner are taxis, the ones just around the corner are baht buses......how does a newbie know that? It is set up to scam you.

9 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

On the corner near Walking Street, the ones short of the corner are taxis, the ones just around the corner are baht buses......how does a newbie know that? It is set up to scam you.

You could ask the one thatsa baht bus if he was a taxi!????

6 hours ago, Will B Good said:

You certainly could, but the comments relate to newbies and as a newbie you are unlikely to even think that a baht bus is not baht bus.

One is often faced with a fabricated language barrier in that case.....

No  fan of baht buses in that vicinity... years ago caught them no problem from the 2nd Rd/South Rd corner to head North. Now they have taken to queuing there, packing people on them and treating people quite rudely in my estimation. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

One is often faced with a fabricated language barrier in that case.....

No  fan of baht buses in that vicinity... years ago caught them no problem from the 2nd Rd/South Rd corner. Now they have taken to queuing there, packing people on them and treating people quite rudely in my estimation. 

Going to south now due to roadworks queing is around by the school.Havent noted rude tho!