Jo's Bike And Goodwill Motorcycles

p1p

Most serious bikers in CM will know Jo and Tom at Jo's bike, behind TMB off Chang Moi Road.

I'm afraid Jo had a serious accident on Friday, Having been knocked off his bike and side car by an idiot doing a U-turn in a pickup. He is now very seriously ill in ICU.

He is not allowed visitors, so please don't try to go and see him.

Pikey, a regular contributor here, who has taken over from Tom after his retirement, will be posting updates and will give info of where he is etc. later wnen visitors are permitted.

I am sure we all wish him well and a speedy recovery.

Most serious bikers in CM will know Jo and Tom at Jo's bike, behind TMB off Chang Moi Road.

I'm afraid Jo had a serious accident on Friday, Having been knocked off his bike and side car by an idiot doing a U-turn in a pickup. He is now very seriously ill in ICU.

p1p please pass on my regards and best wishes to Jo. Very sad to read this news.

CB

Just to confirm, Joe is in ICU but is "out of the woods" now. His injuries were very serious (possibly life-threatening) but he seems to have pulled through.

There is a detailed thread on GT-Rider - http://board.gt-rider.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2580 and I'll post updates there whenever there are significant events. For the moment, he is recovering but it will take time and as p1p said, he is in ICU, no visitors allowed. I'll update here when he is in a regular ward and able to receive visitors.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Edited by Pikey

Just to confirm, Joe is in ICU but is "out of the woods" now. His injuries were very serious (possibly life-threatening) but he seems to have pulled through.

Thanks Pikey - anyone who has riden bikes long term knows personally or with friends that bad accidents happen and they hurt. Please keep us informed and pass on our best wishes for a full recovery.

Cb

Good news - as of today, Joe is out of ICU. More details at http://board.gt-rider.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2580 but in brief, he's doing OK although his jaw is wired so he can't talk and no release date yet - all dependent on his progress which has been bloody fantastic so far!

Thanks for the get-well messages and they have been/will be passed to Joe.

Cheers,

Pikey.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

Thanks for your interest and wishes and they have been passed on to Joe. I'm really happy to be able to announce that Joe got released from hospital today and is now resident at his house/shop. Prob a fair old while for a full recovery but he's definitely headed in the right direction.

As his jawbone is still wired (for another couple of weeks I think), he can't talk but can write, so limited conversations are possible if people want to visit.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Dear all,

Thanks for your interest and wishes and they have been passed on to Joe. I'm really happy to be able to announce that Joe got released from hospital today and is now resident at his house/shop. Prob a fair old while for a full recovery but he's definitely headed in the right direction.

As his jawbone is still wired (for another couple of weeks I think), he can't talk but can write, so limited conversations are possible if people want to visit.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Pikey this is excellent news. I am very pleased for him.

CB