Japanese tourist found dead on Koh Tao 17 years ago was not murdered: police

Jonathan Fairfield

I wonder if anyone looked at the youtube video posted by the Koh Tao murderes group.

The guy himself admits he does not even know the date that she was murdered. Basically he knows nothing but makes allegations. I mean He should at least have given some details or data. Nothing.. nada, so the guy is as believable as the Thai police.

When you level accusations you need some proof, i mean not knowing the date of murder and not knowing many details but just reporting on some gossip under the name death island feels a bit desperate.

I seen vids and documentaries against cops and so on. Usually they bring some good evidence and you start to see things their way. In this case the guy brings nothing at all to the table, some rumors, not even how she died, some possible suspects (could be fishermen could be divers ... ) in a 7 min clip. 

Anyone interested themselves should look and judge.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, RmcaIssan said:

Any Japanese authorities get involved ? Handwriting expert would immediately confirm if written by her !

What happened to the body ..and any autopsy?

Screaming out the Thai authorities decided 'nothing to see here ..move on ..'

Thing is it was 17 years ago, the guy claiming this brought nothing to the table but it was suspicious. No prroof nothing he did not even know the exact date. I mean how much investigation does that mean and how much credibility do you then have to give to the rest. The other case where the two guys from Birma were said to have done it that is one where data is available and claims can be made. 

This one the guy has nothing at all even asking others to contribute. He said nothing about autopsy or note or what was done with it. So basically he does not know. 

3 hours ago, robblok said:
3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Any guesses who runs the KT site ?  Would it be business owners on Samui or Phuket ? ... ????

Group of disgruntled pensioners who want to attack Thailand because of the new insurance rule.

People are angry, still angry, about events  that happen(ed) on that island, s and get an official cover up or air brushing. That site has been running for years, why the Powers That Be got their knickers in a twist, now, is anyone's guess. Although, Koh Tao does have a a lot of pull with the BiB, but everyone knows that. 

I would guess the person who runs the site most definitely does not live in Thailand. If they live in Thailand, they would face a series of unfortunate events, ???? starting with a defamation suit 

4 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

People are angry, still angry, about events  that happen(ed) on that island, s and get an official cover up or air brushing. That site has been running for years, why the Powers That Be got their knickers in a twist, now, is anyone's guess. Although, Koh Tao does have a a lot of pull with the BiB, but everyone knows that. 

I would guess the person who runs the site most definitely does not live in Thailand. If they live in Thailand, they would face a series of unfortunate events, ???? starting with a defamation suit 

You can run it from Thailand if you use VPN and an foreign provider. So who knows.

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Thing is it was 17 years ago, the guy claiming this brought nothing to the table but it was suspicious. No prroof nothing he did not even know the exact date. I mean how much investigation does that mean and how much credibility do you then have to give to the rest. The other case where the two guys from Birma were said to have done it that is one where data is available and claims can be made. 

This one the guy has nothing at all even asking others to contribute. He said nothing about autopsy or note or what was done with it. So basically he does not know. 

That is the MO of conspiracy theorists. They see something as suspicious and they run with it. They don’t care about proof. There is no point in talking to them. It is like talking to a wall. Roll your eyes and don’t give them the time of day!

1 hour ago, Ian Yarwood said:

I note that some readers seem confused about the creator of the videos referred to in the article and the person behind the Facebook page KOH TAO DEATH ISLAND.

I advise that I am the creator of the videos and I appear in all FOUR videos that focus on YOSHIE “SHARLYN” SAZAWA.  The YouTube site is named KOH TAO MURDERS DEATH ISLAND.

Ironically, I introduce myself at the beginning of all four videos including my profession (lawyer) and location in Perth, Western Australia.

It seems the Royal Thai Police did not want to mention my details in their press releases.

There appear to be some errors in the police statements not least of which was Sharlyn’s status on Koh Tao. She was not a mere tourist but lived on the island for 12 years.  She worked for several diving schools as an instructor and translator, most notably BIG BLUE DIVING.

I have been heavily criticised by many Koh Tao apologists over those videos but surprisingly NONE ever challenged the absence of a suicide note.  That claim of the existence of a suicide note seems to have emerged for the first time on Tuesday, 16 November 2021.

In addition, no one on Koh Tao previously claimed to me that Sharlyn was found inside her house. All versions were that she was found outside.

I shall publish more in a video later.

I watched your vid, i saw no new evidence at all. Your just spreading rumors without some proof behind it. Sorry but find a better case one where you can find real facts instead of your assumptions. 

So you had insight in the police evidence as a lawyer you must know they dont put everything in the media. I mean you can only criticize the police if you seen their evidence. Have you ? Or is it al hear say like it seems to be.

For the record i live in BKK never been to Ko Tao. I am sure the police are not good corrupt even but to prove that find a case that you can find facts on speculating is something everyone can do.

3 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Where is the proof she killed herself- no autopsy, where is the suicide note? Proof is something the Police have not come up with and seemed little interested in, we don't even know the cause of death.

How do you know ? did you read the case files  ? I mean its 17 years ago. Do you know what was in the news then and so on ? I mean the police does not always tell everything you know. Privacy and stuff. Now you expect the police to explain a 17 year old case. If they start doing that where is the end.

Who said no autopsy was done according to the BKK post there was.

4 hours ago, Ian Yarwood said:

I have been heavily criticised by many Koh Tao apologists over those videos but surprisingly NONE ever challenged the absence of a suicide note.  That claim of the existence of a suicide note seems to have emerged for the first time on Tuesday, 16 November 2021.

So this is one, apparently (as I have not tracked the 17 year old case), new data point. A suicide note was never discussed over the past 17 years until last week? Such a note would have been front and center news at the time (even without the details) if it had existed, followed up with the autopsy findings that would point to a likely suicide.

1 hour ago, robblok said:

How do you know ? did you read the case files  ? I mean its 17 years ago. Do you know what was in the news then and so on ? I mean the police does not always tell everything you know. Privacy and stuff. Now you expect the police to explain a 17 year old case. If they start doing that where is the end.

Who said no autopsy was done according to the BKK post there was.

So what was the result of the autopsy ?

4 hours ago, Silencer said:

So this is one, apparently (as I have not tracked the 17 year old case), new data point. A suicide note was never discussed over the past 17 years until last week? Such a note would have been front and center news at the time (even without the details) if it had existed, followed up with the autopsy findings that would point to a likely suicide.

Who says it was never there in the first place.. its 17 years old. The guy knew next to nothing about the case. Look at the vid then post again.