Foreigners in Thailand warned about not wearing face masks

snoop1130

3 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

They don't list every single law in Thailand on the Thailand pass. 

Why can't people just respect the rules? It's ten times worst when a foreigner, a guest in the country, walks around without a mask than a Thai - the optics look atrocious. 

I agree with you.  However, real tourists come to Thailand to have a good time and enjoy themselves.   It's impossible to list every law in Thailand, but the ones from the CCSA that are threatening to fine tourists should be posted somewhere on the Thailand Pass.   Lot's of people don't wear masks in their home country and maybe the government is being naive thinking that all the tourists understand the complicated and ever changing Thai CCSA Thai laws.  Agreed tourists should respect the Thais and the rules.

Now Thais and local foreign residents have no excuse, the mask rule has been in our face for 18 months.  Wear your mask when you are in public, period.   I haven't seen any Thais or residents in my area "disobeying" the mask rules, only the tourists, and they should be reminded to be respectful, initially by the government in the Thailand Pass.  My humble opinion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Yes I know plenty of people still wear masks....

But compare the vax rate in the USA to Thailand...

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/covid-19-vaccination-tracker/

USA  59.2%

Thailand  51.6%

The story was once your vaxed the masks can come off.....And thats exactly what happened in America most people took the bloody masks off...

Yet in Thailand  most keep wearing the masks.....WHY?.......But like I said thankfully people in Thailand are finally/ but slowly taking the silly masks off...

Yes, of course, the US is an absolute model to emulate for anything Covid-related.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Yep , always good for conversation when one is trying to drink coffee through a mask. Just yesterday when out having a maskless coffee 3 lads on a motorbike went past , the one driving looked about 10 , no masks between them and no hats. Which of these 3 items is the worse ( Rhetorical ).

It is called Thai logic. And it is shown in the PISA-tests.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, LivingNThailand said:

I guess a matter of opinion but the article was about fining tourists for not wearing a mask because it is Thai law.   Right now.  And tourist need to respect the law and Thai people or stay home.  Or go somewhere else. 

Correct.  I dont agree on all the mask rules, but if people come here and are in a public place they should follow the rules and wear a mask.  

I just walked around airport plaza in CM this morning.  Nearly every farang I saw there was not wearing the mask correctly, having it only over their mouth and had their nose sticking out.

One other farang was wandering about alone with no mask at all and no security stopped him to tell him to put one on.  All the Thai people were wearing masks and I did not see any with their noses poking out.

What is it with the attitude of these farangs?  Are they trying to make a statement or just being awkward and looking for an argument? 

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You can’t tell a fake smile from a genuine smile ??? - people smile with their face, particularly their eyes in addition to of course their mouth - even with a mask you can tell if someone is angry, happy and smiling at you or not....  and normally when someone smiles at you eye contact will me made making the gesture much easier to recognise. 

Now... of course, you know this already, so stop being facetious !!! ????????

Bla Bla Bla.... Fake smile or genuine smile who cares a smile is a smile. How can you be sure what's going on in ones head. 

So many people these days are too judgmental.

I can tell just by looking at them.555

Sorry if that sounds facetious , but it is a valid point. ...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Coming back to live in Thailand in December, except I will have to wear a mask when out, not worn one for months in the UK, apart from the  vaccine centre

It’s not that bad.  Everyone will appreciate you are respecting the Thai people.  It is their country.  The only people I see not wearing masks are foreigner and it stresses the Thais out.  The laws will change eventually. 

• Like 2

On 11/22/2021 at 12:36 PM, Thailand said:

Picture is from March 2020

Have you got some kind of Ethnicity detector that has not reached the market yet,or have you been endowed with Super Powers that tell you where someone is from? TIT.

23 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

Just an illusion. There’s nothing normal about 45k a day cases for at least the past month, with 150-200 deaths a day.

Hospitals are in crisis. Most in ICU are unvaccinated.

The salient point being your last one. The seriously ill and dying covid patients are almost entirely unvaccinated .

2 minutes ago, big dendrobenaes said:

just HOW many have been fined the 20k ???

None.

Just watch an American couple (baseball caps back to front nailed it) no masks in sight........walk very slowly past two cops parked up on bikes, both fully masked..........I was willing them to say something......nothing.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 1:08 PM, blackprince said:

Thais wear a mask on motorbikes to avoid brathing in the fumes from the cars in front. They've been doing this since long before covid.

I thought the same, wearing a mask, but not helmet. But....after wearing a mask for nearly two years... I lost weight, due to the extra meat I didn't swallow. Nah, maybe too exaggerated. Though the mask does prevent from bugs flying into my mouth, especially when I'm on my bicycle, I tend to breath through my lips instead my nose. Also on my scooter, I like to wear a mask under my helmet for the same reason.

But there is a slight difference between wearing a helmet or not and a mask. The helmet prevents yourself from concussions (well, a good helmet), but the mask is not protecting YOU. It is intended to protect others from your virus infected breath, though the majority misunderstands it. 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 8:56 PM, richard_smith237 said:

This is an example of ‘vape aerosol' which is equivalent to normal air density (depending on temperature), it is quite different and a lot lighter and finer than the the water vapour and aerosol expelled when someone talks, laughs, coughs, sneezes etc... 

When someone is simply talking, shouting and laughing the droplets and aerosol are significantly larger than vape fumes and are generally propelled forwards. 

There is of course some escape ‘upwards and sidewards’ (as this photo shows), but the majority ‘vapour particles’ are expelled forwards and stopped by the mask. 

Wearing the mask is more effective at preventing the spread of respiratory aerosol and droplets than not wearing a mask.

Why is this even still a discussion... ?????

If a mask or face pad was or is needed to survive the harsh conditions on this planet we would have been born with one.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2021 at 8:56 PM, richard_smith237 said:

This is an example of ‘vape aerosol' which is equivalent to normal air density (depending on temperature), it is quite different and a lot lighter and finer than the the water vapour and aerosol expelled when someone talks, laughs, coughs, sneezes etc... 

When someone is simply talking, shouting and laughing the droplets and aerosol are significantly larger than vape fumes and are generally propelled forwards. 

There is of course some escape ‘upwards and sidewards’ (as this photo shows), but the majority ‘vapour particles’ are expelled forwards and stopped by the mask. 

Wearing the mask is more effective at preventing the spread of respiratory aerosol and droplets than not wearing a mask.

Why is this even still a discussion... ?????

Because it is and always be.