Returning to Thailand at short notice and going to the UK for a funeral - Little bit of help maybe? (please)

So... I am aware of The Thailand pass, and roughly what I need to do on that... but haven't started doing it as I haven't booked any ticket back to the UK, as I haven't left Thailand yet for a funeral which means I will be in the UK for roughly 2 weeks.. 

In case that is not clear, I mean, I will likely fly this weekend... and need to be in the UK for about 18-22 days to attend a funeral, however whilst there, things may change. So would prefer to see what happens before booking a flight and going through the Thailand Pass process. And I am a 48 year old Brit, been under visa amnesty until now. So would be returning to a fresh start with stamps. 

In a nutshell I am not worried about that really. Should be OK. My 4 points that I need help on, are as follows...

Myself, I have been double Phizer'ed with the second jab being mid October. I have the printed certificate of this already. I will be booking the required Covid test online prior to arriving in the UK and my assumption is with all that I can leave the airport and no need to self-quarantine.

1)  I am about to become a hermit as I don't want to risk catching anything and jeopardising my travel, do you think it's OK to do that and just arrive early at Suwanabhum and test there on the day prior to flying?  Is the test that they issue there recognised at the UK where I will be landing? 

2) I have heard that I may need a Vaccine Passport, which I have seen and looks like a little yellow passport.  I believe Government offices can issue it for a small admin fee, by taking your Vaccine Certificate and passport.  What do others know of that? Firstly - for travelling to the UK, and secondly for returning to Thailand.  I really need to get that? 

3) What kind of Visas are people returning on? I may not have time to apply for a Visa and so might be returning on a 30 day stamp on arrival. Is that still possible?  I know it's a grey area about extending that at the moment. I might just have to take my chances and see with that. If others have ideas please let me know. 

4) The 30 day mandatory Covid Insurance I am fine about, I saw many companies offering it at around 2,500 THB. A friend mentioned to me that check it has cover for being tested a 'fake-positive', where someone who does not have Coronavirus tests positive for it, as no test is 100% accurate. You could end up with bills for 100k++ when you should never have been admitted in the 1st place. Does anyone have thoughts on this? And'or know of a company that includes that in their cover?  

As always, you lot on here are always so helpful, I really don't know what I would do without you, and please and thank you - ONLY relevant comments with solid info as I have just lost my mother and my life is already upside-down without this all adding to it. 

I can't thank those who assist me enough... but give yourself a pat on the back please and thank you for getting this far!

• Haha 1

Get your pcr test the day before you fly. 

I was waiting for my result to come through via email literally while on my way to swampy to check in for my flight to London. 

You'll have to go online to ukgov. Co. Uk

And fill in a passenger Locator form and maybe order a 2 and 8 day covid test from one of thier recommended labs... 

That's just in case your proof of vaccination isn't recognised. 

It could turn out to be a waste of money, but unless you're cock sure, then it's worth it for the piece of mind. 

• Like 1

Re point 3:  you can come in on a visa waiver.  I did so a fortnight ago.  You get 30 days after which you can get extensions +30 days, +60 days if Thai wife to give you time to move to another visa or leave.

The UK expects you to take a fast test (not PCR) on day 2 after you arrive but this must be booked prior to approval and you need to include the reference code of your booking on the UK passenger locator which is needed to enter the country.

Singapore seems to be very even excessively strict on transit passengers.  I suggest either direct flight or via middle east.

18 hours ago, thejudgegiles said:

4) The 30 day mandatory Covid Insurance I am fine about, I saw many companies offering it at around 2,500 THB. A friend mentioned to me that check it has cover for being tested a 'fake-positive', where someone who does not have Coronavirus tests positive for it, as no test is 100% accurate. You could end up with bills for 100k++ when you should never have been admitted in the 1st place. Does anyone have thoughts on this? And'or know of a company that includes that in their cover?  

Sorry - I know you came looking for answers not Questions, but could tell me where you saw the 30 day insurance for around 2,500 baht. My daughter wants to visit me From Oz.  I am a little to sick to travel--so opposite problem from you.

There was an airline including insurance in their fare---I think Emrites but some one will know and tell.

good luck with things in the UK.

31 minutes ago, thaibook said:

Re point 3:  you can come in on a visa waiver.  I did so a fortnight ago.  You get 30 days after which you can get extensions +30 days, +60 days if Thai wife to give you time to move to another visa or leave.

The UK expects you to take a fast test (not PCR) on day 2 after you arrive but this must be booked prior to approval and you need to include the reference code of your booking on the UK passenger locator which is needed to enter the country.

Singapore seems to be very even excessively strict on transit passengers.  I suggest either direct flight or via middle east.

I would try a direct flight if poss, was watching a video and the lady was denied boarding because her Etihad flight wanted a PCR test to transit through, she said emeriates and Qatar didn't require one.

2 hours ago, lanng khao said:

I would try a direct flight if poss, was watching a video and the lady was denied boarding because her Etihad flight wanted a PCR test to transit through, she said emeriates and Qatar didn't require one.

Just booked with Etihad and you do need to upload your negative PCR test onto their verified to fly page, I thought the PCR test was a UK gov stipulation so I would have used emirates or Qatar if id known, Just a quick question I;m living near Chumpare anybody know the closest place to get a recognised PCR test that is fit for flying ? TIA

6 hours ago, rickudon said:

Visa exempt may not be a good idea because you have to have a flight booked to leave Thailand before it expires

A low cost one way flight to anywhere will take care of that or a temporary onward ticket you can get online for about $12 within 30 days.