Barclays on-line banking

just a heads-up for anyone trying to access Barclays on-line banking from the Brave browser.

This appears not to work any more - login page hangs - unless Brave Shields are disabled.

I don't know if any other banks are affected by this but it seems that the UK banking industry doesn't like respecting our privacy.  Maybe a money laundering thing?

Don't know how money laundering is quoted for the brave browser privacy shields settings?

It is probably only brave browser privacy settings which were blocking first party cookies from that banks website.

"Brave shields

Don't turn this on unless you're willing to open the Shields panel on most of the sites you visit. Cookie Control. Use this setting to tell Brave whether or not to block, send, or accept first or third party cookies on the domain currently in focus. By default, Brave will allow first party cookies and block cookies from any third party."

Edited by userabcd

I don't know what is going on but something has changed with Brave since I last accessed the Barclays site - last month.

I generally leave the shields up for all sites and never seem to have any problems.

No big deal anyway as I can just down the shields for Barclays.

The same problem doesn't occur with Chrome - no shields there, of course, but you can, as always, set cookie preferences etc.

3 minutes ago, OJAS said:

If your preference is to use the Brave browser for accessing the Barclays online banking website have you tried using a UK VPN to do this?

Makes no difference.

As I said, no big deal but I'm just curious as to what's going on.

Some info from the Brave people here:  <https://community.brave.com/t/online-banking-broken-today/302639>

Seems that I'm not the only one that has had this problem.