Visa issues teaching in Thailand during the pandemic

Hello, I am applying for teaching jobs here in Thailand. I'm current on covid extension.  

I would like to know if schools will be able to get me a non immigration b visa and work permit, without having to leave the country. 

I read somewhere that I may have to leave the country to convert my visa.  

I've also read somewhere that schools will contact visa agencies to help me out. 

Please let me know if you guys have successfully secured a teaching position and converted your visa, or know of anyone who have done so.

Many thanks!

I successfully converted to a Non B during the visa amnesty. I would think it's still possible to do so under covid-19 extensions.

Do you have all the required documentation, notarised and legalised? For me that was the biggest problem as I had to send my degree certificate back to England and get a solicitor to deal with the entire process for me and I had limited time before the amnesty ended in order to achieve this (eventually managed it with just one day to spare)

2 minutes ago, JayClay said:

I successfully converted to a Non B during the visa amnesty. I would think it's still possible to do so under covid-19 extensions.

Do you have all the required documentation, notarised and legalised? For me that was the biggest problem as I had to send my degree certificate back to England and get a solicitor to deal with the entire process for me and I had limited time before the amnesty ended in order to achieve this (eventually managed it with just one day to spare)

Thanks for your input. 

I actually don't have it notorised nor legalized... I just have a scanned copies of them.  

Is it required to have those documents notorised?  

4 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Since embassies are open again, I think I can do them at my embassy.  But will I need an original copy of my diploma?  Could an affidavit suffice? 

43 minutes ago, lolalol said:

I actually don't have it notorised nor legalized... I just have a scanned copies of them.  

What you're talking about is a bachelor's degree, correct? Because you can't teach at a school without one.

You need the originals. Diploma and transcripts. You need to have your diploma/transcripts certified by your embassy. Although it depends on your nationality (but you haven't mentioned it).

5 minutes ago, lolalol said:

I've entered with Tourist Visa

SETV (single-entry tourist visa), visa-exemption, or VOA (visa on arrival)?

You're not saying your visa, or your nationality, or things like that. It's difficult to help you without basic information...

Edited by ThLT