Thailand to UK trip under the new Thailand Pass and a Rejected application.

Scouse123

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Excellent information and review.  Was your vaccination status checked at UK Airport on arrival?

Did you arrange your Thai civid medical insurance before you left Thailand? If so which and how much?

No one checks anything in the UK if you use e-gate for passport control. I arrived the day before the OP (also on Qatar from BKK). Straight through. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

No one checks anything in the UK if you use e-gate for passport control. I arrived the day before the OP (also on Qatar from BKK). Straight through. 

Can we conclude thousands of travellers are entering the UK with no vaccination check? Or that the checking process is done via the ticket booking process?

8 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I have full health insurance, (including Covid for $100,000), with the Pacific Cross of Thailand under the Maxima plus program as a matter of course on an annual basis.

In the UK I was not asked regards vaccination status but I think if I had not sent in the LFT test as ruled by the passenger locator form, they would have come knocking.

I think I gave my vaccination details on the Passenger locator form.

Thanks for your reply. But how do the Thai authorities know you have the relevant insurance?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Can we conclude thousands of travellers are entering the UK with no vaccination check? Or that the checking process is done via the ticket booking process?

I think it's quite possible no checking is done and that it's an 'honour system'. I had one jab from UK in April and one from Thailand in July, so there was no single record to be checked either in UK or Thailand to confirm I am double vaxxed (so I got a further jab here in UK in early Nov just so I can show two jabs from one country). Anyway, cases in UK are running around 40K a day and have been for months, so maybe it's a moot point.

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Thanks for your reply. But how do the Thai authorities know you have the relevant insurance?

Pacific Cross issue a letter which says (in my case):

"This Certificate of insurance guarantees that the insured persons above are currently insured By Pacific Cross Health Insurance PCL. The insured’s insurance policy is currently in force from 01 June 2021 until 31 MAY 2022 Health insurance policy which covers treatment and medical expense in relation to COVID -19 with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD and a minimum In-Patient coverage to 400,000 THB and Out-Patient 40,000 THB for other medical and accident expenses (Subject to the terms and conditions of the policy)."

The letter also has full name, policy number and passport number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Because I must upload and produce it to get the Thailand Pass to gain entry back in to Thailand.

They require policy number and a scanned copy of the insurance as part of Thailand Pass application.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lanng khao said:

When you checked in to leave Thailand didn't you have to show a vaccination certificate or the little yellow passport type book with your vaccination details  to be allowed to board the plane?..

No.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It is done by booking process and passenger locator form.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Flying Q Suite for the first time this Sunday......hope they don't change the aircraft and find myself in ordinary BC!!!!

I don't think they will. I think you will be OK.

Q suites lends itself to Covid social distancing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

They require policy number and a scanned copy of the insurance as part of Thailand Pass application.

It is often reported on here that insurance must last until the date you are stamped in for, which for annual insurance and annual extensions of stay is going to be a pain for many.  A friend recently travelled and was told that 30 days insurance would suffice even though he would be stamped in for several months.

Did you have any isssues like this or does your extension expire before your insurance?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, treetops said:

It is often reported on here that insurance must last until the date you are stamped in for, which for annual insurance and annual extensions of stay is going to be a pain for many.  A friend recently travelled and was told that 30 days insurance would suffice even though he would be stamped in for several months.

Did you have any isssues like this or does your extension expire before your insurance?

My extension is until July 18th 2022 and my insurance is until July 30th 2022.

So, a good move by me even though I wasn't aware of it when I did it, it just turned out that way.

As an expat I just make sure I have full health cover on a yearly renewable basis so the health insurance problem never crops up for me.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

I think it's quite possible no checking is done and that it's an 'honour system'. I had one jab from UK in April and one from Thailand in July, so there was no single record to be checked either in UK or Thailand to confirm I am double vaxxed (so I got a further jab here in UK in early Nov just so I can show two jabs from one country). Anyway, cases in UK are running around 40K a day and have been for months, so maybe it's a moot point.

Pacific Cross issue a letter which says (in my case):

"This Certificate of insurance guarantees that the insured persons above are currently insured By Pacific Cross Health Insurance PCL. The insured’s insurance policy is currently in force from 01 June 2021 until 31 MAY 2022 Health insurance policy which covers treatment and medical expense in relation to COVID -19 with a minimum coverage of 100,000 USD and a minimum In-Patient coverage to 400,000 THB and Out-Patient 40,000 THB for other medical and accident expenses (Subject to the terms and conditions of the policy)."

The letter also has full name, policy number and passport number.

Do you need the 40,000 THB Outpatients insurance or will $100,000 USD COVID & 3.5Million Inpatients surfice? - I have the Pacific Cross "Visa Friendly" policy & removed the Outpatients but can add it back in at renewal time (Janiary) if it's needed for travel (March). 

Also, what was the service like onboard? I do enjoy the meals / few glasses of champagne whilst sat in  QSuites (& the lounges) so it would be a bit of a pi55er of all's I could get was a sandwich & soft drinks 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Do you need the 40,000 THB Outpatients insurance or will $100,000 USD COVID & 3.5Million Inpatients surfice? - I have the Pacific Cross "Visa Friendly" policy & removed the Outpatients but can add it back in at renewal time (Janiary) if it's needed for travel (March). 

Also, what was the service like onboard? I do enjoy the meals / few glasses of champagne whilst sat in  QSuites (& the lounges) so it would be a bit of a pi55er of all's I could get was a sandwich & soft drinks 

I only have full inpatient and $100 K Covid cover without any 40,000 baht out patient and it was OK.

There was full "dine on demand" meal service both on board and in the business lounges in Doha with free flowing champagnes and wines.

Full wine lists were available on board.

Have no fear!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Flying Q Suite for the first time this Sunday......hope they don't change the aircraft and find myself in ordinary BC!!!!

I upgraded to a Q Suite on the Doha to Bangkok leg earlier in the year. A real treat. I can't afford to do this every time but I never want to fly economy again!

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I only have full inpatient and $100 K Covid cover without any 40,000 baht out patient and it was OK.

There was full "dine on demand" meal service both on board and in the business lounges in Doha with free flowing champagnes and wines.

Full wine lists were available on board.

Have no fear!

Thanks, you've made my day ???? 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, lanng khao said:

When you checked in to leave Thailand didn't you have to show a vaccination certificate or the little yellow passport type book with your vaccination details  to be allowed to board the plane?..

At check in in Bangkok I had to show my vaccine certs - in my case one print out from NHS for the UK jab and the yellow vaccine passport for the one jab from Thailand. All they cared about was to check that both jabs were the same vax (AZ in my case). 

The UK Passenger Form asks what country's programme you've been vaccinated; you can't select more than one country so I said Thailand, given that's where the second dose was received. Didn't have to upload any screenshots or enter any specific details like dates of vax etc (AFAIR).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

As the OP has said, don't need any outpatient coverage - that's just part of my existing policy. 

Also as per OP's response, service onboard is top notch. Back to normal pretty much. Cabin crew wear masks but that's it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Why would they care about them being the same?

I don't know. Maybe because UK regs still don't approve mix and match for Dose 1 / Dose 2, so could be linked to that (in terms of whether you are considered fully vaxxed or not)?

This is what the NHS says about it (for walk in):

Availability of vaccines

If you’ve already had your 1st dose, you need to have the same vaccine for your 2nd dose.

38 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

I don't know. Maybe because UK regs still don't approve mix and match for Dose 1 / Dose 2, so could be linked to that (in terms of whether you are considered fully vaxxed or not)?

This is what the NHS says about it (for walk in):

Availability of vaccines

If you’ve already had your 1st dose, you need to have the same vaccine for your 2nd dose.

Approved vaccines (gov.uk)

You must have had a complete course of one of the following vaccines at least 14 days before you arrive in England:

Oxford/AstraZeneca

Pfizer BioNTech

Moderna

Janssen

Sinovac-CoronaVac

Sinopharm Beijing

Covaxin

Where 2 doses of a vaccine are required for a full course, you can:

mix 2 different types of vaccine from the above list, for example Oxford/AstraZeneca and Moderna

have the 2 vaccinations under 2 different approved programmes, for example Australia and Japan, UK and USA, France and Canada

I read that as you can???

• Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 8:32 AM, Will B Good said:

Approved vaccines (gov.uk)

You must have had a complete course of one of the following vaccines at least 14 days before you arrive in England:

Oxford/AstraZeneca

Pfizer BioNTech

Moderna

Janssen

Sinovac-CoronaVac

Sinopharm Beijing

Covaxin

Where 2 doses of a vaccine are required for a full course, you can:

mix 2 different types of vaccine from the above list, for example Oxford/AstraZeneca and Moderna

have the 2 vaccinations under 2 different approved programmes, for example Australia and Japan, UK and USA, France and Canada

I read that as you can???

That's interesting. I think that's updated UK guidance because when I left start of November, it was very clear that Sinovac / Sinopharm weren't approved in UK.

It also didn't say anything about mix and match of country programmes: when I filled in the Passenger Form for UK it only allowed one choice of country for where you had been vaccinated. 

1 hour ago, BKKBike09 said:

That's interesting. I think that's updated UK guidance because when I left start of November, it was very clear that Sinovac / Sinopharm weren't approved in UK.

It also didn't say anything about mix and match of country programmes: when I filled in the Passenger Form for UK it only allowed one choice of country for where you had been vaccinated. 

Sinocac and sinopharm are now approved I believe